8 Tips on How to Choose the Right Kind of Flowers
A bunch or flowers can convey messages better than words. So from time immemorial flowers have been gifted to say sorry, I love you, all the best, get well soon and more.
Flowers and their symbolic meanings are found in ancient Hindu texts, Egyptian inscriptions, Chinese manuscripts, as well as Greek and roman myths. The Bible mentions the gathering of flowers. Flower posies, garlands, and more are immortalized in paintings, frescoes, and sculptures.
It was in medieval times that a language for flowers in courtship emerged. Known as "floriography," flowers would convey messages of refusal, love, dismissal, friendship and more.
In 1819 Madam Charlotte de la Tour wrote a flower dictionary with meanings and interpretations. And these traditions have descended to modern times and so when gifting flowers do so with knowledge:
1. Roses are a sign of love and passion. So these must be given to girlfriends, the fiancé or wife. Of all the roses the red roses symbolize deep love while white roses purity.
2. A bachelor button signals single blessedness.
3. Pink camellias say I long for you, while whites ones convey you are adorable.
4. A gloxinia is supposed to say "love at first sight."
5. The holly represents domestic happiness.
6. Lavender flowers convey admiration and solitude.
7. The Hyacinth is for games and sports.
8. Gladiolas show sincerity.
If you are looking to send the perfect message log on to the internet and read through the tips given on online florist websites. Many not only sell flowers but give tips on how to choose the best flowers.
Be innovative and construct a whole verse in a bouquet. The Society of American Florists have given a detailed list online http://www.aboutflowers.com/floral_b5.html . According to them:
- Alstromeria says aspiring.
- Begonia says deep thoughts.
- Camellia says graciousness.
- Black-eyed Susan says encouragement.
- Delphinium says bold.
- Cosmos says peaceful.
The color pink is for gratitude, red for flashy, striped for refusal, white for remembrance and purity, yellow for cheerful, bronze for excitement, red for sharing and so on.
Be a knowledgeable flower gifter. Choose bouquets from online florists with great car and thought.
Flowers are much treasured gifts and bring cheer into homes, offices, sick rooms, hospitals and clinics. Flowers spread warmth and make strangers feel welcome. Flowers bring in positive mind sets and happiness.
Related Tags: fresh flowers, flowers online, order flowers
Arthur Raise is a writer for SendFlowers , the premier website to find all kind of services to Send Flowers online like flower arrangements, cheap flower send, roses, bouquets, plants, fresh flowers delivery and more.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- What to do After the Affair? - Seek Counseling or Get a Divorce?
Whether to stay married or not after the affair is a very difficult decision to make. When you first
- Important Things to Consider When Making Cheap But Good-Looking Wedding Invitations
Coming up with a great wedding invitation doesn't have to cost a fortune. Many brides these days opt
- DIY Beach Wedding Favor Ideas
One of the most fun and exciting themes for weddings is the beach theme. Whether you are holding you
- What You Should Consider Before Proposing
Getting engaged is one of the most exciting things you will ever do. As soon as you ask, your future
- Creating Wedding Table Plans With a Snowplough
One of the things people often don't seem to realise when it comes to creating wedding table plans i
- Tips on Choosing Jewellery For Weddings
Every bride knows exactly how important wedding jewelleries are, and it holds a big part in the plan
- Is Your Husband Having Emotional Affair? - What You Should Do
A husband having emotional affair with a colleague at work, an old friend or online does not automat
- How to Use Candles in a Wedding Ceremony
A person's wedding is the most awaited occasion in their lives and thus they wish for it to be perfe
- Unique Reception Entertainment on Your Wedding Day
People always look forward to weddings. Whether they are part of the entourage or just simply guests
- Wedding Guest List Issues - Children at Your Wedding
A wedding is generally an all-adult event, but with these times, where guests travel from miles away
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Mail Order Bride Success Rates
In recent years, thousands of young women have come to the USA by way of marriage to western men. Th
- Wedding Planning - Current Trends In Wedding Accessories
ATTIRE Wedding attire choices for WOMEN have become less traditional and more of personal preferenc
- Ukraine Brides - Wealth of Cultural Heritage
Before the girls become Ukraine brides they are fiances. An engagement ceremony takes place where bo
- Newest Place Card Holders of 2007
Soon a special event will be taking place in your life and it is a must to have your reception hall
- Brides Cut Wedding Flower Costs with DIY Arrangements
With the average cost of professional wedding flower arrangements running between $500-1200, it's no
- Back to Basics - Why Women are Attracted to Men?
Women are attracted to men and have been since the beginning of time because that's the way they wer
- 8 Steps for Choosing the Perfect Groom's Cake
Guess what? You don't have to follow tradition anymore! It's safe to say that your women gue
- Playing Santa
If you are a couple that is looking to spice up your sex life or you are kinky and looking for some
- Unique Wedding Favors
So you have finally made the decision to take the final step and get married. What an exciting time
- Newest Beach Wedding Favors of 2007
So your are soon to be married and are really thinking about having a destination wedding on the bea