8 Steps for Choosing the Perfect Groom's Cake
Guess what? You don't have to follow tradition anymore! It's safe to say that your women guests will most likely forgo sleeping with a piece of your groom's cake!
Today, groom's cakes come in all shapes and sizes. So, how do you decide on your groom's cake? Here are a few suggestions:
1. Ask your groom's advice. The final decision may ultimately be yours, but at least ask him his opinion before you throw down money on it. You probably don't want to end up with a groom's cake that the groom will hate.
2. Go bold! Consider bold cake flavors such as a rich chocolate fudge torte, red velvet or tiramisu that will complement your wedding cake.
3. Consider various cake flavors. Be open-minded about cake flavors. Consider these great cake flavors: hazelnut, pumpkin, coconut cream, almond, banana walnut and carrot to name a few.
4. Make a statement with fillings. Pleasantly surprise your guests with fillings such as praline, peanut butter, Irish cream, coffee or cappuccino!
5. To theme or not to theme. Your groom wants a cake that resembles a large mouth bass and you are not thrilled with the idea of a fish near your wedding cake! What do you do?
You could just give in and give him what he wants. However, if the idea is just eating you away consider offering the grooms cake at the rehearsal dinner instead of the reception where only your close family and friends will see it! If the budget allows consider having two cakes - the fish cake can be for the rehearsal dinner and the cake of your choice could be for the reception.
A bit of advice - try not to make the grooms cake a source of contention. When everything is said and done you will most likely feel regret for causing a rift between you and your husband over a cake.
6. Groom's cake ideas. Two tiered cake with chocolate frosting adorned with chocolate covered strawberries and greenery, a tuxedo, a shirt and tie, John Deere logo or tractor, deer, a sports ball, the logo of his favorite sports theme, his company logo, a musical instrument, his favorite pet, a cake in the shape of his name, a cake in the shape of the state where he is from. The idea here is to be as creative as you wish!
7. Don't leave the table out. The table that the grooms cake sits on should be decorated as well. You could use greenery, fabric or strawberries. You could also use items that have meaning to the groom such as a childhood photo.
8. Cost saving tips.
- Save money by purchasing your wedding cake and your groom's cake from the same bakery. Ask if they will offer you a discount.
- Have someone make the grooms cake for you.
- Make it a sheet cake. Sheet cakes are less expensive than tiered cakes.
- Skip the grooms cake altogether. There is no rule book that says you have to have a groom's cake.
Have fun choosing your grooms cake. Be creative and offer your guests a unique cake experience. Whichever cake you choose it should be a reflection of you and your groom's personality. Have fun with it and it will be a great addition to your wedding!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
Related Tags: for, cake, grooms, steps, perfect, the, 8, choosing
For more great wedding planning ideas visit http://www.wedding-planning-resource.com. The Ultimate Guide to Weddings and Wedding Planning. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- What to do After the Affair? - Seek Counseling or Get a Divorce?
Whether to stay married or not after the affair is a very difficult decision to make. When you first
- Important Things to Consider When Making Cheap But Good-Looking Wedding Invitations
Coming up with a great wedding invitation doesn't have to cost a fortune. Many brides these days opt
- DIY Beach Wedding Favor Ideas
One of the most fun and exciting themes for weddings is the beach theme. Whether you are holding you
- What You Should Consider Before Proposing
Getting engaged is one of the most exciting things you will ever do. As soon as you ask, your future
- Creating Wedding Table Plans With a Snowplough
One of the things people often don't seem to realise when it comes to creating wedding table plans i
- Tips on Choosing Jewellery For Weddings
Every bride knows exactly how important wedding jewelleries are, and it holds a big part in the plan
- Is Your Husband Having Emotional Affair? - What You Should Do
A husband having emotional affair with a colleague at work, an old friend or online does not automat
- How to Use Candles in a Wedding Ceremony
A person's wedding is the most awaited occasion in their lives and thus they wish for it to be perfe
- Unique Reception Entertainment on Your Wedding Day
People always look forward to weddings. Whether they are part of the entourage or just simply guests
- Wedding Guest List Issues - Children at Your Wedding
A wedding is generally an all-adult event, but with these times, where guests travel from miles away
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Mail Order Bride Success Rates
In recent years, thousands of young women have come to the USA by way of marriage to western men. Th
- Wedding Planning - Current Trends In Wedding Accessories
ATTIRE Wedding attire choices for WOMEN have become less traditional and more of personal preferenc
- Ukraine Brides - Wealth of Cultural Heritage
Before the girls become Ukraine brides they are fiances. An engagement ceremony takes place where bo
- Newest Place Card Holders of 2007
Soon a special event will be taking place in your life and it is a must to have your reception hall
- Brides Cut Wedding Flower Costs with DIY Arrangements
With the average cost of professional wedding flower arrangements running between $500-1200, it's no
- Back to Basics - Why Women are Attracted to Men?
Women are attracted to men and have been since the beginning of time because that's the way they wer
- Playing Santa
If you are a couple that is looking to spice up your sex life or you are kinky and looking for some
- Unique Wedding Favors
So you have finally made the decision to take the final step and get married. What an exciting time
- Newest Beach Wedding Favors of 2007
So your are soon to be married and are really thinking about having a destination wedding on the bea
- Newest Candle Wedding Favors of 2007
He has finally proposed to you and you are so excited. You start planning your wedding and start ma