Make Your Ecommerce Site Successful
To be most successful however you need to follow a few simple rules so that you can get the desired response from your ecommerce customers.
Try not to have too many steps in your sales order process
It has been proved that there is a direct correlation between the number of clicks a person has to make in order to complete a purchase and the volume of people who abandon their shopping cart before checking out.
You need to make the checkout process as simple as possible on your ecommerce web site so that potential customers are not discouraged easily through poor navigation.
Ensure customers are aware of stock levels
Make sure that customers can check the availability of stock early on in the sales process.
You will find that there is nothing more annoying to customers than to get to the end of the checkout process only to find that their items are not available. It is a sure bet they will find another site to order from and never return to yours.
Ensure web browser compatibility
Make sure you view your site in a variety of browsers to ensure that it is presented correctly. As a minimum you should view it in Internet Explorer and Firefox, these being the two most commonly used.
Use a reliable merchant account provider
Ensure you pick a merchant account provider who accepts a wide range of credit cards and also debit cards and online checks.
Having done the hard work of gaining the customer you do not want to lose them simply because they cannot use their favorite payment method.
Double check your hyperlinks
Make sure that all the hyperlinks work on your site and that they click through to the correct destinations. Broken links give customers the impression of a poorly constructed, amateur site.
Simplify your graphics
Well constructed graphics do look very effective on your site but you must ensure that they are optimised for the web.
This means that you have to use a graphics program such as Adobe Photoshop or Macromedia Fireworks to reduce the file size to ensure that your web pages do not take too long to load.
This exercise becomes a balancing act between quality versus file size but usually a good compromise can be obtained.
Create a straightforward checkout process
The final stage of your ecommerce process is also the most nervous for your customer. You need to ensure that your customer is comforted that you have a safe and secure payment process in which they can entrust their personal details.
You need to have your website hosted on a secure server and Secure Socket Layering (SSL) enabled. Tell your customers about the security arrangements you have in place on your ecommerce web site in order to protect their personal information.
Use the tips outlined above to your advantage, you will get a head start on your competitors.
Learn from the experience Trevor Sadowski has gained in developing web sites by obtaining a copy of his free ecommerce mini course
Related Tags: ecommerce, ecommerce design, ecommerce web site, ecommerce solution, ecommerce web site design, ecommerce shopping cart, ecommerce development, ecommerce sto
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- New to the Internet Articles - Why Natural Sheepskin Boots from UGG Boots Are So Special?
The popularity of UGG boots for its authentic sheepskin products is so high that you cannot miss the
- Affiliate Programs Articles - The Secrets to Making Millions Online as an Affiliate.
What's the secret to making money Wow, what a great question and I know many people want to kno
- Entertainment Articles - Get Prizes By Playing Games
Get Prizes Online By Playing Games and Watching Videos at Lockerz.com! What is Lockerz? Lo
- Sports Articles - So Many Sports !!
When we hear the word Sports, we think of baseball, soccer or football. But there are so many more s
- Blogs Articles - 50 New Step-By-Step Video Tutorials By MaxBlogPress That Will Kick Start Your Way To Blogging Succe
Hey Friend, If you are a newbie who would like to kick start your first wordpress blog or if yo
- New to the Internet Articles - GCD Review - How Google Cash Detective Helped Me Become A Success
I thought it was a scam when I first saw it. God knows, there are enough scams out there promising
- New to the Internet Articles - Qualities of Ideal Hindi Newspapers - Tips on Selecting your Hindi Newspapers Website
An ideal Hindi newspapers website is not the one that gets the most traffic. There are several featu
- E-Commerce, Unique Gifts for Men and Women
At first glance, the term Affordable Luxury may seem somewhat oxymoronic, but even high-end specialt
- Relationships, CHEATERS BEWARE - PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS USE NEW TECHNOLOGY TO FOLLOW YOUR CYBERTRAIL
Consumers use the Internet to shop, bank and even to cheat on spouses. With the advent and proli
- Finance & Investment, Personal Financial Stimulus Package
As Personal Savings Rise to 5%, Consumers Could be Making Up to 6% APR According to the U.S
Most viewed articles in this category:
GALACTICA.TV, the site that focuses on all people in front of or behind the camera of all Battlestar
- Top 10 Partnership Opportunities in 2007
Ten new internet business partnership opportunities have emerged in the 2007: Advertise.it Netwo
- 3 Common Problems Ebay Sellers Face
Ebay is the largest online marketplace in the world and there are approximately 80 million users. Th
- Is Home Business really a Business?
Is Home Business really a Business? Home business, doesn't it strikes you? But then another questio
- Your Autoresponder Is The Most Important Tool For Generating Web Income
Think of an autoresponder as a tireless salesman ready to work and sell night and day without hassle
- I Wrote Twenty Article Last Week, Do You Want To Know Why?
For many years now I have been looking into the best ways of promoting a website. This has lead me d
- The Spiritual Side Of Network Marketing
If you really think about Network Marketing (I mean true Network Marketing), you can't help but
- EBooks Internet Marketing New to the Internet 10 Ways To Maintain Profits In A Slow Economy
We all know the problem of costs going up and we're constantly trying to improve our busin
- Business New to the Internet Online Home Business Ideas For Beginners
Would you like to start an online home business, but have no experience and do not know where to
- Internet Marketing Marketing New to the Internet How Can I Take Advantage of Everything That MySpace Has To Offer
MySpace is almost the oldest social networking site and it is definitely the largest. At least t