Graphology at Home - Lesson 21a - Draw Someone
Vast research was done among several psychoanalysts and psychologists into human figure drawings. The subject would be asked to draw a person, being given as little information as possible in order not to lead the subject in any particular way. The subject nevertheless would frequently ask the following kinds of questions and make several comments. Whom should I draw, should it be a stick person or the whole body? I don't know how to draw. I hope you don't show it to anyone, etc. When the subject does draw, he is actually revealing how he sees himself, as this is a picture of the self. The following is a list of personality traits and how they are identified in a sketch. For the highest degree of accuracy, the subject should draw two or more sketches. Identical drawings, especially those that deviate from the norm, are regarded as conclusive evidence that the subject possesses the trait.
- Affection deprivation/dependence/possible identification with mother: button on clothing over chest of figure; pockets.
- Aggression/ambition: more than five fingers.
- Aggression/criticality/masculinity: angular shaped body.
- Aggression/depersonalization fears: heavy thick lines in formation of body.
- Aggression/poorly adjusted: few curves, many sharp edges in formation of body.
- Aggressive content: daggers, guns, spears, etc.
- Aggressive/energetic: strong arms, male subject.
- Aggressive/expansive: large, same sex figure.
- Aggressive tendency/anti-social personality: heavy shading, figure clothed with toes exposed, gun.
- Aggressiveness: powerful hands, toes exposed, squared shoulders, weapons, well-defined teeth, and straight lines in formation of body.
- Aggressive use of sexual characteristics/coquettishness: emphasis on female sex characteristics (female subject).
- Ambition/drive: firm lines.
- Ambition for accomplishment or acquisition/overt aggression: long arms.
- Anti-social personality (psychopath): hands in pocket, heavy shading, and large figure.
- Anxiety/aggression: shading.
- Anxiety/depression: clouds.
- Anxiety/emotional dependence/feeling of discomfort and restriction: small figures.
- Anxiety/insecurity/repression/particularly with reference to area reinforced: reinforced lines.
- Anxiety over difficulty with interpersonal relations or masturbatory guilt/ overt aggression: hands shaded.
- Anxiety relative to sexual functions: shading in "private" area.
- Anxiety/restlessness, possible neurotic tendency, conflict area: erasures.
- Anxiety/uncertainty: short, sketchy strokes.
- Apprehensive, neurotics, catatonics and chronic schizophrenics: faint lines.
- Aspirations exceed opportunities/environment viewed as excessively constraining: figure too large for page.
- Assaultiveness: hair, eyes and arms reinforced; large fingers; foot emphasized; large legs and arms of male figure; stands with legs far apart.
- Assaultiveness/infantile aggression: fingers; no hands; arms and hands of male figure large.
- Assertiveness: straight-lined strokes in formation of body.
- Asthmatic tendency: long and thin lines; mouth omitted.
- Auditory eroticism: hand at "private" area; well-defined teeth.
- Auditory hallucinations/paranoid or schizoid/ear injury or hearing disability/sensitive to attitudes of others/passive homosexual conflict or tendency: ear emphasized or enlarged.
- Awareness of physical impulses with effort to control them: excessively large neck.
Related Tags: rejection, handwriting analysis, career test, graphology, array personality evaluation
Graphologist Joel Engel is the author of "Handwriting Analysis Self-Taught," (Penguin Books). He operates online personality types and career matching.
For more information visit: http://careertest.ws
Recent articles in this category:
- The Resurgence of Fred Perry Clothing
Summer might long be over and Wimbledon may be a distant memory, however the fashion is a year round
- Uncovering Men's Tank Tops
I don't know a thing about you, but I'll bet that you have worn a tank top. Tank tops have also been
- Make Use of Silk Scarves to Take Good Care of Your Skin
In the event you are new about silk scarves, you could never read about this particular feature of s
- Just For Men Scarves - the Preference For Guys in the Vogue Domain
If you are not certain what style of present you could provide for men, maybe you can consider men s
- Think Black Friday Shopping is Beyond Your Budget?
Moms who are juggling the bills and still trying to provide the perfect holiday gift to loved ones a
- How to Make Conscious Shopping Choices
Many people have heard the phrase "voting with your dollars" and they understand that it means your
- Silk Scarves - Unique Present Approach in Xmas Seasons
The most prevalent silk add-on is scarves, and many focus is presented on inspired designing on thes
- Benefits of an Aloe Vera Shampoo
A lot of people are not aware of the specific benefits that using an aloe vera shampoo can do to the
- How Effective is the Power of Your Subconscious Mind?
Most people are bombarded with this thought whenever they feel weak and wish to affect certain chang
- Silk Scarf - the Record For Human Being in the Style History
Throughout the 19th and 20th centuries the worldwide recognition of silk scarves developed dramatica
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Surf and Turf: the Race Track
Surf and Turf: The Race TrackOne of the favorite places for The G to hang out at, especially in Summ
- Are You Looking For Cholesterol Drugs Without Side Effect?
High cholesterol level is probably one of the widely spread complication among Americans. Almost for
- Friday the 13th could be a lucky day?
Friday the 13th sounds unlucky ? Traditional superstition ? And a lot of people dislike it and beli
- Don't Judge A Man
Our world is full of bad tongues, fault-finders, gossipers, mockers, and insulters but do these grou
- When Personalized Gifts Make a Difference
Finding the right gifts for a particular occasion is always a challenging task. Sometimes it is nic
- Managing My Resistance: Learning To Flow With What Life Offers
One of the things that interests me most about conflict is the tendency to resist it and the ways in
- What Are Horoscopes Based On?
If you do not know much about astrology, you may wonder what are horoscopes based on and how astrolo
- 7 Dumbest Relationship Mistakes Smart People Make
We often find ourselves amid the wreckage of a love gone wrong, wringing our hands and asking, "Why
- Motivation as the heart of self improvement
You should be able to find several indispensable facts about Motivation in the following paragraphs
- Is Complete Abstinence from Use of Paychoactive Substances Necessary for Recovery?
Can a sober alcoholic in recovery who has no history of abuse of marijuana, use marijuana without