Truth and Myths on Acne Treatments
1. Eating chocolate causes acne. Myth. No scientific evidence has ever linked acne with anything in the diet. Fried foods have long been spurned by people attempting to get rid of zits, and it is certainly better for the health to give them up. But they have never been proved to cause acne to get worse.
2. There is no cure for acne. True. Acne can't be cured, but it can be prevented. Not only can you lessen its severity by using the right products, you can also reduce the likelihood of getting it by taking good care of yourself.
3. Acne is a sign that a person is dirty. Myth. Dirt has nothing to do with a person getting acne. It is caused by the build up of natural skin oils, dead skin cells, and bacteria withing a pore of the skin. Proper cleansing is an important part of prevention, but for some people, acne happens in spite of a rigorous routine of face washing.
4. If you have acne, you should get out in the sun more. Myth. The sun is simply not good for skin. The illusion of acne getting better in the sun is simply that a slightly sunburned face does not show red bumps as much as a lighter toned face. The sun can actually make acne worse, because it causes more of the skin cells to die. These in turn can clog up pores, causing zits.
5. People with acne should avoid using a moisturizer. Myth. This may have been true at one time, but there are a wide variety of products on the market these days that keep the skin moisturized without clogging the pores. Look for the term "noncomedogenic" on the label. And don't forget to look for products that contain a sunscreen.
6. If chocolate and fried foods don't cause acne, it must not matter what I eat. Myth. Nutritious, healthy foods contribute to the overall health of the body, including the skin.
7. Stress causes acne. To some extent this is true, but there is more to the equation. Stress causes an increase in the substance cortisol in the body. Cortisol causes the skin to secrete more natural oil, which is known as sebum. This extra oil can combine with dead skin cells to clog the pores and cause acne.
8. Women get acne sometimes because of hormones. True. Hormones exhibit a wide range of effects on the whole body, and that PMS-related zit you always seem to get is not a figment of your imagination.
Acne is no fun, but it can be treated. Know the facts about your face!
For more information and resources on the best acne skincare treatments visit: http://www.acneskincaretreatments.com/ Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- 6 Tips To Get Rid Of Acne Overnight Naturally
Most teenagers suffer from pimples breakout. It is most common among teens because their body is goi
- Sick And Tired Of Acne? Discover The Real Reason Why It's Not Going Away
You wake up and the first thing you do is make a bee line for the bathroom mirror, hoping against ho
- Debunking Some Myths About Acne And Diet
There seems to be a lot of cautionary tales about what you should and what you should not eat when d
- Total Skin Care Center -- Fillers
Lines and wrinkles that appear on your face can make you uncomfortable and self-conscious. Sometimes
- Prepare To Be Surprised - 5 Unique Acne Treatments For You
You must have heard about acne treatments in the form of topical creams, gels and liquids. But there
- Four Main Advantages Of Dental Implants Over Dentures
If you are missing your teeth and looking for a solution, there are many treatments through which yo
- 7 Treating Blackhead Acne Effectively Tips
Not all acne is the same. Simplistically, acne can be divided into red bumps and blackheads/whitehea
- Get Rid Of Acne Naturally With 7 Acne Herbal Remedies
Herbal medicine: Some herbs are known to have anti-inflammatory properties and, for that reason, the
- How To Keep Your Skin Clear: A Guide To Healthy Facial Products And Treatments
Have you ever wondered how some women just seem to have perfect skin? There are many of us who strug
- How To Clear Up Your Acne
Specially if the skin is suffering from acne, the care and control of acne plays a vital role for th
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Proactive Acne Medicine is Not Enough
Your face requires considerable care. Most people want to have a beautiful face, free from pimples,
- What To Avoid When Treating Acne
There are many products available for treating and helping to prevent acne. Some are developed espec
- Do You Suffer From Body Acne?
Usually, when you think of acne you automatically think of the condition affecting the face. However
- Acne - Retinoids
Retinoids are a class of prescription drugs that are used to treat the severe forms of acne known as
- Effects Of Acne On Adult Sufferers
It is a common misconception is that acne is a teenage problem. Indeed, many people who suffered fro
- Acne Scarring - Types Of Scars Caused By Acne And How To Cure Them
It is a misconception that you could avoid scarring your face if you properly cleanse your skin or r
- Can A Good Diet Really Help Acne?
Having a good diet plan is really healthy for you whether you want to get rid of acne or just want t
- Acne - Dermatologists
Dermatologists are skin specialists who treat disorders of the skin. But they don't just treat skin
- Effective Treatments For Cystic Acne
What is Cystic Acne?Cystic Acne (precisely Nodulocystic Acne) is an acute or severe form of acne, wh
- Tips On How Tp Reduce The Severity Of Back Acne And Help Relieve Some Of The Discomfort It Causes
Although there's lots of information about dealing with facial acne, getting acne on your back is no