Why I Love Being A Work-at-Home-Mom
I am so grateful I have been able to be home and be a part of my kids' lives AND do work that I love and make a great living.
As I look back at all my years of being a work at home mom, here are the reasons I love it most.
(1) I get to be home with my kids
When I worked full time in a traditional job, there never seemed to be enough hours in the day. I felt like the time I spent with my kids was always rushed. We were rushing to get ready for school, or rushing to get ready for dinner, or bed. As a work at home mom I get to enjoy the time I spend with my kids.
(2) I don't have to worry about missing work when one of my kids is sick
I used to stress about taking my own sick days to care for my kids when they got sick. Or, I'd feel guilty leaving them with grandma. As a work at home mom, if one of my kids is sick, I have the flexibility to take off work. And, if I do need to get work done, my kids know I'm right in the next room.
(3) I don't have to miss after school activities
As a work at home mom, I can arrange my work schedule around my kids' activities so I don't have to miss out. Every time I'm at a baseball or softball game and I notice the parents who can't be there, or those who arrive late, I feel so thankful I can always be there.
(4) I am able to take my kids to their dentist and doctor appointments
It may sound silly, but as a mom, I want to be the one to take my kids to their appointments. As a work at home mom, my flexible work schedule makes this possible.
(5) I was able to take my kids to and from school when they were younger
When my kids were in elementary and middle school, I loved that I could take them to school and pick them up in the afternoon.
(6) I'm there when my kids get home from school (now that they're in high school)
Now that my kids drive themselves to and from school, I love that I'm there when they get home from school. So they're not coming home to an empty house. And, even if they are too busy to talk to me, I'm there.
(7) I'm there for those "drop in" conversations
Teenagers have a habit of dropping in when something is on their mind. I'm so glad I'm there for those "drop-in" sessions. I know if I wasn't, I wouldn't know nearly as much about what's going on in their lives.
(8) I have time to exercise and take care of myself
When I worked full time in a job, it was tough trying to find time to take care of myself. Exercise took time away from the precious little time I had with my kids. Now I don't have to give up time with them, to take care of me.
(9) I am able to do work I enjoy
Having my own business has allowed me to do work I love and have more control over my career. And, when I'm happier with my work, I'm a happier mom, too.
(10) I am able to make a great living AND be with my family
While I still struggle with balance from time to time, being a work at home mom really does allow me to have it all.
I feel blessed to be a work at home mom. And I know my family is stronger for it, too.
(C) Copyright 2007 Debbie LaChusa
Related Tags: wahm, work at home mom, life balance, work-at-home-mom, balance career and family
Debbie LaChusa feels blessed to be a work at home mom who gets to spend time with her family, do work she loves and earn a great living. She created 6FigureWorkAtHomeMom.com to help other moms do the same. To learn more, visit http://www.6FigureWorkAtHomeMom.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Advantages Of A Grind And Brew Coffee Maker
Should you really invest in a Grind and Brew Espresso maker? The answer is yes, having a Grind and B
- Monitium. A Paradigm Shift In Network Marketing
As you may have heard, Monitium is representing a huge paradigm shift in Network Marketing. It is in
- 55+ And Scared. The First In A Series On Making A Second Income
You've worked all these years looking forward to the day when you could retire. Now you are able to
- Considering Starting A Home Based Business On The Internet?
I'm someone who has trouble working for someone else. I really hate long periods of routine and I ha
- Is Herbalife Network Marketing Business A Scam?
You are on this site because you are thinking if Herbalife is a scam or not. Well you have come to t
- So Why Are People Calling Herbalife Mlm Venture A Gimmick?
The people calling Herbalife a scam are usually the folks that were involve in the business before b
- Mlm Training - Free Mlm Training Courses
We'll begin by dealing with the old saying "You get what you pay for". This implies that free things
- Mlm Training - What Mlm Training Do You Really Need?
MLM and Network Marketing can be a very confusing business. That's mostly because there are low entr
- The Top Mlm Recruiting Strategy: Mlm Recruiting For Top Earners - Mlm Recruiting Success
When it comes to MLM recruiting, there's a right way and a wrong way. But, most people only know the
- Adzzoo Review - How Could This Improve The Page Rank Of Small Entrepreneurs?
There are so many network marketing companies online and let us see about one of them and their prod
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Work at Home Mom - How to Find Time for Your Business
Any work-at-home-mom will confess that owing her own business is as challenging as it gets. While th
- Is A Home Daycare The Answer For You?
In America today, it takes two incomes in most cases to live a regular middle class lifestyle. This
- MLM Online Tips and Tricks on the Internet MLM Trade
Copyright © Jagraj Gill http://www.payitforward4profits.com/jaggiegill There are two main th
- How Do You Win At Home-Based Business? Hit The Floor Running
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion... or
- MySpace Just for Fun
There are many who take advantage of the MySpace community for business purposes such as advertising
- Gone Phishing and your the fish!
Believe it or not, there are rascals inhabiting this very planet, their consequence emanates from un
- Is A Home Business Right For You?
You should have motivation if you want to succeed as an entrepreneur. Motivation comes naturally to
- How to Promote your Network Marketing Home Based Business
Copyright © Jagraj Gill http://www.payitforward4profits.com/jaggiegill The key to any networ
- The Tax Grind
As an owner of a home based business, a person is also responsible for keeping track of everything t
- Meeting People on MySpace
The process of meeting people on MySpace is extremely easy. MySpace is an online community which enc