Top 10 Reasons Not to Buy Used Clubs
You're ready for some new clubs, but you didn't realize they'd gotten so darn expensive. Your wife is not going to let you spend the kids college funds, so what do you do now?
Well your first thought might be to try and find some used clubs. After all how much could club designs and technology have changed in the past year or two. Also, you can probably get used clubs for about half the price.
Here's why this first thought is wrong.
10. The used clubs were made for someone else
Why get something made for someone else when you can get something made that's fitted exactly for you.
9. They're probably not the right length or shaft flex
Unless you are about the same height as the previous owner, the clubs may not be the correct length. If the previous owner was a fast swinger or a slow swinger the shaft flex may not be right for you.
8. The technology is most likely outdated
Things have changed a lot over the last 5 years. Club heads and materials have made golf clubs much more forgiving and there are more choices in style and level of play.
7. They may not have the right kind of heads
If you're a beginner and you need more forgiveness, you want a set of clubs that offer super game improvement. That means extra perimeter weighting, wide soles, hosel offset and a low center of gravity.
6. There is no guarantee
What if the head comes off after a couple of months, can you still get it fixed?
5. You can't take them back
What if after a few rounds you decide you don't like them? Can you return them for a full refund? Can you switch the shaft, or change the lie out at no extra charge? Can you try them out for a couple of rounds and still take them back?
4. They are still too expensive
If you're paying over $200 for a used set of irons or over $150 for a used driver you may still be paying too much.
3. Not the right configuration for you
Does the set have hybrids, high lofted woods, and game improvement irons. If not they may not be right for you. If the set comes with a 2, 3, or 4 iron, you may be buying clubs that are too difficult for you to hit and you end up not using them.
2. Not the right loft for your game
If the driver has less than 12 degrees of loft you probably have a club that will not get the maximum distance-or the accuracy
And the number one reason you should not buy used clubs...
1. They're used
What else is there to say..
Did you know...
You can buy a brand new set of clubs with a 1 year warranty and a 30 day money back return policy (you can even play with them during the 30 day period). You can get them custom fitted and get the exact club length for your body, get the lie adjusted for free, get the right shaft for your swing speed, and choose from a variety of brand new, finest quality grips and shafts...all for less than you could pay for a used set of clubs.
Related Tags: golf, custom, discount golf clubs, custom golf clubs, used clubs, irons, woods wedges
The Golfers Company
Fairways and Greens my friends...Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Links Golf Courses Of Snowdonia
As the great Ian Woosnam himself once said of playing golf in North Wales: "If you are looking for c
- Deciding If Take Golf Lessons
In case you are interested in improving your game or you're just considering beginning to play golf,
- Medicus Dual Hinge Driver - Add Distance And Accuracy To Your Drives
The Medicus Dual Hinge Driver will help you to hit longer and straighter drives by giving you instan
- Phil Mickelson Putting Style
So what is Phil Mickelson putting style? After all, he can string together a bunch of birdies in a r
- 3 Slice Tips To Help You Fix A Slice In Your Swing
For many golfers having the ability to fix a slice is a genuine battle. If you are someone who faces
- The Best Of Courses In Golf Are Respected Worldwide
Even the most innocent golfers will fancy playing on the best of golf courses they can meet the expe
- 10 Minutes A Day To Building Confidence In Golf
Confidence in golf comes from both a conscious and an unconscious perspective. This article is focus
- 10 Critical Areas In The Golf Mental Game
When it comes to golf, the mental game is highly recognized as being a big factor. We conducted a su
- Why In Golf Hitting Fat Shots Has Both Mechanical And Mental Factors
When it comes to a lack of confidence in golf, hitting fat shots and hitting thin shots is often a r
- Overcome Hitting Fat Golf Shots By Thinking Confidently
Hitting fat golf shots will erode one's confidence, depending upon the age of the golfer. That's cor
Most viewed articles in this category:
- The New Square Drivers - Is It Hip To Be Square?
You've probably heard about the new square drivers. As one golfer commented..."Looks like a tank on
- Grooved Golf Swing Series: How To Use Your Elbow While Putting
Here is a tip that will allow you to control the putter head and send it along the right line every
- Grooved Golf Swing Series: How To Be A Better Putter - Some Tips
First a look at the alignment of the putter blade as you place it behind the ball. If you have you
- Understanding The Basic Rules Of Golf
There are many people who embark on playing golf but do not really try to understand the rules or th
- How to Benefit From Golf Training Aids
A person who wants to go into a sporting hobby can choose something that will not only entertain him
- Left Handed Golf - Do Left-Handers Play Golf Left-Handed
I am a natural left-hander and I write with my left and play one handed sports such as tennis, badmi
- Golf - Equipment Required
How would you like to learn to play like Tiger Woods?Well, we can't promise you that, but we can giv
- Golf Swing Instruction Will Improve Your Swing Technique And Distance
Do you see the need for instruction for your golf swing? Most amateur golfers have subpar swing mec
- How To Use Golf Training Aids To Get Your Tempo In The Groove
Baaack and thru. Baaack and thru. Baaack and thru. Feel the rhythm, feel the tempo. Bring the club b
- Become A Better Golfer By Improving Your Short Game With These Golfing Tips
If you've spent some time either playing or watching golf, then you'll know that around 70 percent o