7 Ways to Use Art to Self-Motivate -You Can Achieve That Dream, Goal or Vision
1. Think about your dreams, goals and visions. If you have not already, draw pictures of what they look like. You do not have to be an artist to do this. Use stick pictures if you must. Just reflecting on this is a major step that will kick-start your mind.
2. Create a collage with pictures from magazines, and pictures you have drawn This collage can also have objects. If you do use objects be sure to use a strong glue.
3. Select paintings or prints online or from an art gallery that reflect the visions, goals and dreams you spent time thinking about in step 1.
4. Discuss your painting or print selections with members of your household or workplace, if necessary. Be sure to communicate the reasons for the choices you have made. This is a critical step especially if the décor and colors will not match.
5. Decide, with others if needed, where your motivational selections can be placed. Be sure to include places where you will see the collages, prints or paintings. For example, a piece should be placed in spaces that you will see when entering your workspace. When you wake up in the morning can you get away with a picture on the ceiling?
6. Arrange all your art selections in front of you. Create time in your schedule to hang them up. Be sure to use proper hanging techniques to insure that walls are not damaged and heavy pieces do not fall.
7. Enjoy your motivational art. Each day that you look at it begin to work on that dream, vision and goal!!!
If you follow these steps you will be motivating your self to achieve!
Related Tags: motivation, dream, goals, achievement, art, collages, prints, motivational art
All Rights Reserved, 2006
Raymond Horner is an Art Instructor and Painter
Recent articles in this category:
- Using The Law Of Attraction And It's Benefits
Making the Law of Attraction Stronger with Positive ThinkingHaving a a great attitude plays a big pa
- Life Transitions And Someday Dreams, If Not Now When?
Recently we've been talking about changes and transformation for the second or third part of our liv
- Self Improvement Articles - Self Improvement Tips - Great Self Improvement Tips That Will Help You Achieve Your Dreams
Self improvement tips are a great way to lay the foundation for your personal growth and to push you
- The Internet Is The Perfect Place For Those Over 60 To Freely Discuss Sex
The generation gap is alive and well when it comes to many issues in our society. Sex is one of them
- Advice Articles - Do your own thinking, Don't let others do it for you
Have you come across a situation where in you wanted to do one thing, but you ended up doing just th
- Advice Articles - 3 Simple Steps To Attracting Money For Life-Long Prosperity
Attracting money is to draw in wealth and wealth in your life. To draw in cash, you also need to un
- Business Articles - Show Me the Return on Investment
Well designed incentive programs have been proven to increase performance. A study conducted by the
- Motivate Yourself Effectively
Being motivated is really important in achieving our goals and without motivation we will have a har
- How To Identify Your Personality, Strengths & Weaknesses In 15 Seconds And Make It Work For You
I bet you that in 15 seconds, I can read your personality and tell you what your skills, strengths a
- Crush It! How To Make A Living Doing What You Love
Sometimes when I ask my clients "If money weren't an issue, what would you do with your time?" they
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Red Hot
But, do you know that many business owners employ people with similar ideas, values and beli
- Doing What You Think You Cannot Do
Eleanor Roosevelt said, "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you
- Does Your Self Help Need A Nudge In The Right Direction?
Are you in need of self help? Do you doubt your capability? If you do, you are not alone! It is no s
- Negotiating Life's Detours: Follow Your Energy
Someone asked me recently if I had a guiding principle that helped me decide what new work to take o
- Personal Values and Their Importance
Two Interesting Conundrums for You Read both questions first before seeing the answers which are at
- Just Do It NOW!
Just do it. Put on your Nike shoes and run with it. Yeah! Jump on it. Go for it. Right now is the mo
- A Successful Failure
*Before we get started..... I was hesitant to write this article the way I have because I know that
- The One Thing I Know
I know one thing.I know this thing with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my bei
- Chinese New Year! 10 Very Simple things to do to Create Your Best Year Ever
On February 28th we will be ringing in another New Year. Wait a minute, didn't we ju
- Is Finishing your Book Your New Year's Resolution?
For some of you the reality is you won't finish. And the longer you "work" on your book, the