Is Finishing your Book Your New Year's Resolution?
For some of you the reality is you won't finish. And the longer you "work" on your book, the more time gets between you and publishing time to make a difference in other people's lives. For 5% of you who will do what it takes, this reminder is for you.
Don't wait any longer to write your book. Now is the best time to get it out. When you ponder and linger, you lose interest, motivation and forward movement.. That's why I like the idea of the "Fast-Forward Writing Technique," that produces consistently well organized chapters that hook and motivate your reader in each paragraph.When your readers finish all of your chapters, they will recommend your book to others. But they won't turn pages unless you make each page of your book engage them.
Remember the benefits of writing a book.
It gets your unique word out to help others to a better life. It brings solutions to your readers' challenges. It can "brand" your business-much stronger than a business card. It makes you known as the expert in your field. If writing fiction, it entertains and educates. Finally, like me, it can make half or more of your monthly income for life.
Remember you can add marketing pizzazz to each and every chapter in its title, its introduction, its side bars and tips, and its conclusion. Apply the "Essential Nine Hot-Selling Points" before you finish and your book will sell so much better when published.
To manifest your book dream this year, make sure you make it real.
1. visualize your book finished and a great success. See the checks and credit card orders coming in each day.
2. Save money in a special bank account so you'll have enough to get some coaching through teleseminars and writing groups.You'll want a small amount for about 100-200 copies printed. No need to spend $1000's on 2500 or 5000 books.
3. Know it will cost some money. If you book is so important, don't be too frugal as to what you invest in it to get it finished.
4. Honor High Level Activities each day. Spend real writing time on your chapters, your introduction and your back cover. Aim for 1-2 hours each day or divide to suit your schedule.
5. Stop writing without feedback from peers or a qualified bookcoach. You don't realize that even if you are a professional, you don't know all that makes a chapter sizzle. Old writing habits such as using "is, was" or other passives mar your style, and make it long and unwieldy so your reader will yawn and turn away. You need to keep your reader engaged on each page.
6. Don't give up. Your project may take some time. I recommend writing a short book first so you can finish fast.
7. Consider self-publishing because the traditional path takes far too long and even if you are chosen, you'll find the time and energy you put there will not pay off nearly as much as when you learn a few promotion tips to implement yourself. The sad truth is that the publishers won't give you much promotion.
8. Write your print and eBook at the same time. Service your online audience as well as the audience at your talks. They love and buy books. They want information on all kinds of topics. They have money to spend. Promoting to this audience is far easier, cheaper and productive than other methods.
Finally, put your book project in the top priorities of your life. Business, Family, Friends, Book! If you don't include it in these, it just won't happen.
Judy Cullins c. 2007
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
Related Tags: new, book, your, resolution, years, finishing, is
Book and Internet Marketing Coach, Judy Cullins, can help you build credibility and clients, sell a lot of books, and make maximum profits. Author of 13 books including Write your eBook or Other Short Book Fast and The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Targeted Web Traffic" Get her free eBook "20 High Octane Book Writing and Marketing Tips" and two free monthly ezines at http://www.bookcoaching.com Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Using The Law Of Attraction And It's Benefits
Making the Law of Attraction Stronger with Positive ThinkingHaving a a great attitude plays a big pa
- Life Transitions And Someday Dreams, If Not Now When?
Recently we've been talking about changes and transformation for the second or third part of our liv
- Self Improvement Articles - Self Improvement Tips - Great Self Improvement Tips That Will Help You Achieve Your Dreams
Self improvement tips are a great way to lay the foundation for your personal growth and to push you
- The Internet Is The Perfect Place For Those Over 60 To Freely Discuss Sex
The generation gap is alive and well when it comes to many issues in our society. Sex is one of them
- Advice Articles - Do your own thinking, Don't let others do it for you
Have you come across a situation where in you wanted to do one thing, but you ended up doing just th
- Advice Articles - 3 Simple Steps To Attracting Money For Life-Long Prosperity
Attracting money is to draw in wealth and wealth in your life. To draw in cash, you also need to un
- Business Articles - Show Me the Return on Investment
Well designed incentive programs have been proven to increase performance. A study conducted by the
- Motivate Yourself Effectively
Being motivated is really important in achieving our goals and without motivation we will have a har
- How To Identify Your Personality, Strengths & Weaknesses In 15 Seconds And Make It Work For You
I bet you that in 15 seconds, I can read your personality and tell you what your skills, strengths a
- Crush It! How To Make A Living Doing What You Love
Sometimes when I ask my clients "If money weren't an issue, what would you do with your time?" they
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Red Hot
But, do you know that many business owners employ people with similar ideas, values and beli
- Doing What You Think You Cannot Do
Eleanor Roosevelt said, "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you
- Does Your Self Help Need A Nudge In The Right Direction?
Are you in need of self help? Do you doubt your capability? If you do, you are not alone! It is no s
- Negotiating Life's Detours: Follow Your Energy
Someone asked me recently if I had a guiding principle that helped me decide what new work to take o
- Personal Values and Their Importance
Two Interesting Conundrums for You Read both questions first before seeing the answers which are at
- Just Do It NOW!
Just do it. Put on your Nike shoes and run with it. Yeah! Jump on it. Go for it. Right now is the mo
- A Successful Failure
*Before we get started..... I was hesitant to write this article the way I have because I know that
- The One Thing I Know
I know one thing.I know this thing with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my bei
- Chinese New Year! 10 Very Simple things to do to Create Your Best Year Ever
On February 28th we will be ringing in another New Year. Wait a minute, didn't we ju
- Improve Your Word Power Easily!
Learning new words expands our understanding and improves our “mental muscles”. Ev