The One Thing I Know
I know one thing.
I know this thing with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my being.
I know that I have the choice to be who I am, when I am, where I am.
I may not have a choice, today, about what I do for a living, where I live, or what kind of car I drive.
But if who I am today is a writer, I'm a writer, even if I live in a homeless shelter, write on paper bags with stubs of pencils, and take the bus to a job in a fast food joint to try to get out of the shelter.
If who I am today is a writer, I'm a writer, even if my kids are sick, my car is broken down, my computer won't boot and I haven't sold anything in years.
But if who I am today is a writer, and I decide that who I should be is a doctor, I'm going to be pretty miserable, because who I am is a writer.
On the other hand, if I'm a writer who wants to become a doctor, I've got a great handle on who I am, who I want to be, and probably an idea of whether it's possible and how to get there.
Never lose sight of who you are. Be who you are, no matter where you are, or when you are.
Angie Dixon is a writer and webmaster of The Leonardo Trait. Get a free report on failing successfully and sign up for free teleseminars at http://www.leonardotrait.com. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Using The Law Of Attraction And It's Benefits
Making the Law of Attraction Stronger with Positive ThinkingHaving a a great attitude plays a big pa
- Life Transitions And Someday Dreams, If Not Now When?
Recently we've been talking about changes and transformation for the second or third part of our liv
- Self Improvement Articles - Self Improvement Tips - Great Self Improvement Tips That Will Help You Achieve Your Dreams
Self improvement tips are a great way to lay the foundation for your personal growth and to push you
- The Internet Is The Perfect Place For Those Over 60 To Freely Discuss Sex
The generation gap is alive and well when it comes to many issues in our society. Sex is one of them
- Advice Articles - Do your own thinking, Don't let others do it for you
Have you come across a situation where in you wanted to do one thing, but you ended up doing just th
- Advice Articles - 3 Simple Steps To Attracting Money For Life-Long Prosperity
Attracting money is to draw in wealth and wealth in your life. To draw in cash, you also need to un
- Business Articles - Show Me the Return on Investment
Well designed incentive programs have been proven to increase performance. A study conducted by the
- Motivate Yourself Effectively
Being motivated is really important in achieving our goals and without motivation we will have a har
- How To Identify Your Personality, Strengths & Weaknesses In 15 Seconds And Make It Work For You
I bet you that in 15 seconds, I can read your personality and tell you what your skills, strengths a
- Crush It! How To Make A Living Doing What You Love
Sometimes when I ask my clients "If money weren't an issue, what would you do with your time?" they
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Red Hot
But, do you know that many business owners employ people with similar ideas, values and beli
- Doing What You Think You Cannot Do
Eleanor Roosevelt said, "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you
- Does Your Self Help Need A Nudge In The Right Direction?
Are you in need of self help? Do you doubt your capability? If you do, you are not alone! It is no s
- Negotiating Life's Detours: Follow Your Energy
Someone asked me recently if I had a guiding principle that helped me decide what new work to take o
- Personal Values and Their Importance
Two Interesting Conundrums for You Read both questions first before seeing the answers which are at
- Just Do It NOW!
Just do it. Put on your Nike shoes and run with it. Yeah! Jump on it. Go for it. Right now is the mo
- A Successful Failure
*Before we get started..... I was hesitant to write this article the way I have because I know that
- Chinese New Year! 10 Very Simple things to do to Create Your Best Year Ever
On February 28th we will be ringing in another New Year. Wait a minute, didn't we ju
- Is Finishing your Book Your New Year's Resolution?
For some of you the reality is you won't finish. And the longer you "work" on your book, the
- Improve Your Word Power Easily!
Learning new words expands our understanding and improves our “mental muscles”. Ev