Three Ways to Find Your Joy Spot
More and more women today are looking for ways to add more balance and meaning to their hectic, demanding lives by engaging in personal interests that send them soaring. Whether it's quilting, gardening, tai chi, hiking, painting or jazz singing, a joy-based activity or hobby can add years to your life. Is finding your J-Spot like discovering the ever-elusive fountain of youth? Yes. Participating in joy-based pastimes has many benefits from improved mental and physical health to enriched friendships and increased levels of happiness and self-esteem. All proven to keep us living longer.
If you are wondering where to start, here are three steps to help you find your J-Spot.
1. Create a Joy List Write down everything you can think of that brings you joy, from eating a chocolate to running your first 10K. To get started, think of things you used to like doing as a child - you can ask a parent or sibling to help you remember.
2. Clue into Your Interests Look through magazines and old photos and pay attention to what sparks you. What excites you. These are all clues to what you care about. Perhaps you continually focus on rock climbing...that might be your next passion.
3. Follow Your Gut Notice what you get emotional about or feel connected to. Even if it seem out of the ordinary for you...it is probably something your intuition is directing you to notice. Ask yourself how you could turn that feeling into something just for you.
© Copyright 2007. Lisa Martin. All rights reserved.
Lisa Martin is a certified coach who inspires working mothers to achieve success that's balanced.
Author of Briefcase Moms: 10 Proven Practices to Balance Working Mothers' Lives, Lisa is a sought-after expert and speaker on work-life balance issues. Known for her very personal and practical approach, Lisa coaches working mothers to know what they want and get what they want.
With 20 years of entrepreneurial and corporate experience, Lisa is also the founder and president of Briefcase Moms? - a work-life coaching and training company that helps organizations attract, engage and retain working mothers. A mother herself, Lisa's powerful presentations and programs have helped thousands of women define success and balance on their own terms. http://www.briefcasemoms.com
Related Tags: coaching, self-help, working mother, personal coach, balance life, briefcase moms, work-life
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The Resurgence of Fred Perry Clothing
Summer might long be over and Wimbledon may be a distant memory, however the fashion is a year round
- Uncovering Men's Tank Tops
I don't know a thing about you, but I'll bet that you have worn a tank top. Tank tops have also been
- Make Use of Silk Scarves to Take Good Care of Your Skin
In the event you are new about silk scarves, you could never read about this particular feature of s
- Just For Men Scarves - the Preference For Guys in the Vogue Domain
If you are not certain what style of present you could provide for men, maybe you can consider men s
- Think Black Friday Shopping is Beyond Your Budget?
Moms who are juggling the bills and still trying to provide the perfect holiday gift to loved ones a
- How to Make Conscious Shopping Choices
Many people have heard the phrase "voting with your dollars" and they understand that it means your
- Silk Scarves - Unique Present Approach in Xmas Seasons
The most prevalent silk add-on is scarves, and many focus is presented on inspired designing on thes
- Benefits of an Aloe Vera Shampoo
A lot of people are not aware of the specific benefits that using an aloe vera shampoo can do to the
- How Effective is the Power of Your Subconscious Mind?
Most people are bombarded with this thought whenever they feel weak and wish to affect certain chang
- Silk Scarf - the Record For Human Being in the Style History
Throughout the 19th and 20th centuries the worldwide recognition of silk scarves developed dramatica
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Surf and Turf: the Race Track
Surf and Turf: The Race TrackOne of the favorite places for The G to hang out at, especially in Summ
- Are You Looking For Cholesterol Drugs Without Side Effect?
High cholesterol level is probably one of the widely spread complication among Americans. Almost for
- Friday the 13th could be a lucky day?
Friday the 13th sounds unlucky ? Traditional superstition ? And a lot of people dislike it and beli
- Don't Judge A Man
Our world is full of bad tongues, fault-finders, gossipers, mockers, and insulters but do these grou
- When Personalized Gifts Make a Difference
Finding the right gifts for a particular occasion is always a challenging task. Sometimes it is nic
- Managing My Resistance: Learning To Flow With What Life Offers
One of the things that interests me most about conflict is the tendency to resist it and the ways in
- What Are Horoscopes Based On?
If you do not know much about astrology, you may wonder what are horoscopes based on and how astrolo
- 7 Dumbest Relationship Mistakes Smart People Make
We often find ourselves amid the wreckage of a love gone wrong, wringing our hands and asking, "Why
- Motivation as the heart of self improvement
You should be able to find several indispensable facts about Motivation in the following paragraphs
- Is Complete Abstinence from Use of Paychoactive Substances Necessary for Recovery?
Can a sober alcoholic in recovery who has no history of abuse of marijuana, use marijuana without