Nicely Nicely Thank You
I am concerned that nice people will soon be placed on the endangered species list. Certainly, I know nice people, but when I watch people's behavior, I can't help but recall humorist Dave Barry's insight, "A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person." I think we could all use a little more nicely nicely.
The behavioral qualities associated with being nice are not difficult to employ. They may come naturally to some, but for me, it can take a little conscious effort. I have attempted to define those qualities in a "N-I-C-E" way. Perhaps if they are more easily remember, they will be more likely employed.
To be NICE involves:
N - Be Non-judgmental Most of the time, conflict and stress is the result judgment. Being non-judgmental makes life much easier.
I - Be Interested People's lives are truly fascinating. Show a bit of interest and most will share wonderful stories.
C - Be Complimentary Chris Rock said, "There are only three things women need in life: food, water and compliments." It's true for men, too. People are hungry for sincere compliments.
E - Everybody Nice means being nice to everyone, even those who make it difficult.
Today is a great day to choose to be Non-judgmental, Interested, and Complimentary to Everybody. That will do quite nicely nicely thank you.
Related Tags: caring, polite, manners, kind, nice, nonjudgmental
Jim Gustafson is author of Take Fun Seriously -- Little Thoughts and Big Ideas for Living Laughing and Loving. He was ordained in the United Methodist Church and has served as a local church pastor, pastoral counselor and consultant. He has more than 25 years in sales and marketing management. http://www.jimgustafson.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- How To Make A Complaint About An Estate Agent
While many estate agents are honest, hard working and will provide an excellent service when it come
- Learning How To Build Your Website Through Online Web Builders
Web hosting is being offered by a lot of companies nowadays. Because of this, an average person with
- Meet Your Merchant Prccessor
Getting to know your High Risk Credit Card Processing better. By educating yourself on the process o
- What Do Customers Really Want?
Do you run a business that relies on loyal customers? If so, then you will undoubtedly have steered
- Way To Save Money On When You Move Your Home
Everybody wants to save money on each deal of spending money be it small expenditure area or big. Ho
- Is It Practical To Dwell And Wander Full-time In A Camper?
Full time wandering in an rv is largely unknown style of living I happened across about a year befor
- Make Checklist For Your Moving - Have Hassle-free Experience
Moving into your dream home is really an exciting experience but the process of move is nobody's dre
- Tag Heuer Look To The Future Whilst Celebrating Their Past
For any top watchmaker, a major anniversary is a time to look back through its history, relive its t
- Good Tips For Home Shifting
Moving or relocating from one place to another can be how stressful and chaotic I known well. We mov
- Beat The Breakdown Blues!
More often than not, car problems occur at an inconvenient place at a more inconvenient time. There
Most viewed articles in this category:
- How The Humble Telephone Will Build Your Business
So, we're heading for tough times! Why? Because if we are told something often enough (by opposition
- Take Your Customer Service Dept From 'Cost Saving & Cost Reduction' To High Profit & Business Growth
The more communication I have with people involved in telephone service and sales, such as Contact/C
- Customer Service - More Than 100 Surefire Ways to Lose Your Customers
Some people are saying that customer service is the pits these days with surly sales people leading
- Creative Ideas for Customer Waiting Rooms
Customer waiting rooms are the doorway to your business. Over recent years an effort has been made t
- Have A Nice Day
Service sure does come with a smile, but sometimes with a great deal of understanding.Recently, look
- Monitor, Measure and Manage Your Arbitrary Customer Service Reps
I walked into Ikea for the third time in two days, not to shop but to return a non-matching wood ott
- Building Customer Loyalty: Make Your Customers Come Back
One of the toughest parts of running a small business is building customer loyalty. Unlike big compa
- One Thing That Will Turn Customers Into Advocates And Build Long Term Loyalty
Let's be perfectly honest - there is an awful lot of hype and hoopla being delivered about customer
- Customer Complaint - A Complete Job Review
As like any other person who works in a customer service job, I surely get to see my fair share of c
- Calming "Customonsters" and Other High-Maintenance Customers
Calming "Customonsters" and Other High-Maintenance Customers Who Want What They Want When They Want