Getting a Loan: Factors to Consider
In some cases, you need to borrow capital to start your business. But borrowing money from banks and other credit institutions can be a difficult undertaking so it is important to look at the different factors that can affect the status of your application. Here are some of the most common factors you need to look into:
1. Equity investments- the creditors will want to know the amount of money you have already invested in your business. This is important because having equity investments will enable you to prove that your business has substantial assets to operate without interruptions. The equity investments will also be used to determine the ratio between the debt of the business and the worth of the business so that the creditor will be able to know the maximum amount he can lend to the business.
Having equity investments will also provide the business with the financial resiliency so that it can survive despite weak economic conditions. If you have only a minimal amount of investments in your own business, then the creditors will be likewise more hesitant to loan you with a large amount of cash for your business operations.
2. Earning requirements- another factor that should be considered when you want to take a loan to expand your business is the current income that is being generated by the business. You should note that the financial obligations of the business should be paid in cash so creditors do not really care that much about the profitability of your business in the long term.
They just want to get paid in cash as when the amount is due. So if your cash inflow is lower than the outflow for a long period of time, you can expect that the creditors will not lend you the money you need right now. As you can see, it is not only the management of the business that is important in this case, you should also be able to manage your cash properly to remain liquid.
3. Working capital- this is defined as the excess of assets against the liabilities. The current asset is the easiest kind of asset to be liquidated so if you have a high amount of working capital, you will be able to pay off the debts of the company quite easily. For the creditor, the working capital of a business is a consideration they need to look into because this is the reflection of the company's ability to pay its debts in the short term.
4. Collateral- in some cases, a creditor might require the company to provide collateral to be able to avail of the business loan. The collateral can come in the form of a business asset or a personal asset.
Related Tags: investments, business loan, start business, collateral
Michael Laleye Is A Plug In Profit Site Member As Well As An Authority On Developing Home Based Affiliate Businesses. Get more Information On How To Build Your Own Affiliate Business. For Affiliate Marketing Tips To Make Money Online, Visit: http://www.MyAffiliateStarter.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The Beginning of the Cataloging Code
The first significant cataloging code was published in 1841. The realization that cooperation and s
- In the Lap of the Gods 24
Life moved on. Lily became well liked by both students and staff because of her cheerful outlook on
- In the Lap of the Gods 23
Does fate decide the future? Is it all mapped out for us, predestined, or can we influence what com
- Write Your Memoir: How to Write About What Troubles You the Most
Everyone has a story to tell, and unfortunately those stories aren't always pleasant. What makes me
- How Crafty Word Order Can Instantly Improve Your Writing
by Philip Yaffe I am usually very reticent about offering writing tips. Unless they are linked to
- You Say Grandpa, I Say Deda
I was born with two grandmothers but only one grandfather. In nature's rules of familial supply and
- My Russian American Dichotomy
I was a Russian girl and an American teenager. I had no choice about the first but I tried very har
- In the Lap of the Gods 22
This is just an explanation for those who have read some of the other Chapters of, "In the Lap of t
- Write a Book: 8 Reasons You Should Do it
Studies have shown that 82% of people want to write a book, but few of these actually ever achieve
- Book Review: the Book of Common Prayer
Book Review: The Book of Common Prayer, "My carry-with-me copy is this size, and I recommend it for
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Real Estate Investment - Investing In Commercial Properties
As in any other type of investment, its obviously advisable to do your research well so that the pro
- Taking Care Of Acne Prone Skin With Proper Skin Care Products
Although acne has been largely associated with teeners and puberty, the condition is not only confin
- Do I Really Need Eight Hours Of Sleep Each Night?
What if you were told that there is no definitive answer for why we need to sleep? Your initial reac
- How to Improve Your FICO Credit Score
If you didn't know this already, having a good credit score is more important than having a lot of c
- 10 Tips for a Magnificent Memory
"Where did I leave my keys?" "What did I come in here for?" "Your glasses are on top of your head!"
- Things You Might Like To Know About Card Companies
If you have a regular income and are 18 or over then you may be able to get a credit card. You will
- Bad Breath in Babies and Toddlers
If your baby or toddler has had bad breath lately, not to worry. There are plenty of things you can
- Starving College Students No More
The majority of today's college students are extremely Internet savvy. In fact, many of those studen
- Cosmetic Surgery Financing: How Can You Get It?
Cosmetic surgery, a branch of plastic surgery, can be quite expensive, especially if you are plannin
- Article Marketing, Improve Your Ranking With Links
Article Marketing, without a doubt remains the best free formula for attracting website traffic. At