Questions On Rheem Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are compact in size and provide a steady flow of hot water for as long as you need it. Rheem tankless gas water heaters are more energy efficient than conventional water heaters, because the tankless models eliminate the need for re-heating stored water. 2) How does the Rheem tankless water heater work?
A conventional tank-style water heater stores hot water, and heats the water 24/7, whether you use it or not. The new generation Tankless Technology Water Heater from Rheem only heats water on demand. When the faucet is opened, the water flows through the Rheem Tankless Water Heater, which heats it to the temperature you've digitally set. When the faucet is closed, the Rheem Tankless Water Heater senses the command, and goes to standby mode.
3) Can it be installed in the same place my old hot water heater was installed?
As long as enough combustion air is provided, Rheem tankless water heaters can be installed in a utility room, garage, basement, attic, or placed on an outside wall. Plus, they can be installed in locations where a storage water heater may not fit. The Digital Temperature Controller can be mounted in any room. 4) Are tankless water heaters energy efficient?
Yes, tankless water heaters are very energy efficient. The Energy Factor, EF, of all Rheem tankless water heaters is over .81. By comparison, a standard tank type water heater has an EF of around .62, so you can see that they are inherently more efficient than a storage type water heater. 5) Is a tankless water heater more energy efficient than a tank?
Rheem tankless gas water heaters are more energy efficient than conventional water heaters, because they eliminate the need to maintain a large supply of heated water. A Rheem tankless water heater operates only when hot water is needed. Regardless of whether you currently have a conventional electric or gas water heater, the Rheem tankless will save money on your energy bills. In addition, every Rheem tankless water heater qualifies for up to a $300 [tax credit?]
6) What is the Energy Factor for the RTG-42 series water heaters? Answer: 0.83
7) What is the Energy Factor for the RTG-53, RTG-74 and 199 series water heaters? Answer: 0.82
8) Does this mean tankless water heaters have lower operating costs?
A higher EF is only one of many reasons why tankless water heaters cost less to operate. A Rheem tankless water heater has no standing pilot light, no stand by loss, and the burners modulate to maintain maximum efficiency.
9) How do I ensure that I select a tankless water heater in the appropriate size for my home?
It's as easy as 1-2-3! If your home has only one bathroom, a Rheem tankless RTG42 series water heater provides an ample supply of continuous hot water for your needs. If your home has two bathrooms, a Rheem RTG-53 series water heater provides an ample supply of continuous hot water for your needs. If your home has three bathrooms, choose a Rheem RTG74 series, which can supply up to 3 showers simultaneously. Homeowners with 3 or more bathrooms and/or large volume multi-head showers should consider linking (manifolding) 2, 3, or more of our tankless water heaters together.
10) Does Rheem offer customer service for their tankless water heaters?
Yes! Rheem Customer Service is available 7 days a week/7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Time. The professional staff provides fast, reliable service. Customer service options are available, please call 1-866-720-2076 or visit www.rheemtankless.com. 11) What is the minimum water flow rate required for the tankless water heater to ignite?
All Rheem tankless water heaters require a minimum flow rate of .66 GPM to ignite the burner. Too little flow will not activate the main burner.
12) What type of exhaust venting do these products require?
The venting must be Category III, Stainless steel, and it applies to the adapter, the vent pipe, all elbows, and terminal vent. This is important because the flue gases and by-products of combustion can cause condensation. Stainless steel will not deteriorate like type B venting under these conditions. The RTG-53X, RTG-74X and GT-199X outdoor models do not require any venting materials. Always consult the Use and Care Manual provided with the water heater for detailed installation and venting instructions. 13) Can you adjust the water heater setpoint temperature setting in 1 degree increments?
No, the minimum temperature adjustment for RTG series waters heaters is a 2 degree increments from 100 F up to 120 F and 5 F increments from 120 F to 140 F. 14) What are the temperature setting options for each model?
The minimum temperature adjustment for GT series water heaters is a 2 degree increments from 100 F up to 120 F and 5 F increments from 120 F up to 180 F.
15) What safety device is used to prevent overheat failure of the heat exchanger?
An Over Heat Limiting Film wrap is wrapped around the entire heat exchanger. This monitors the temperature of the heat exchanger and will shut the unit down if it exceeds a safe temperature. This is an exclusive feature of the Rheem tankless water heaters.
16) What is the minimum clearance on the back, sides, top, bottom, and front of the water heaters?
0" back, 1/2" sides, 12" top, 12" bottom, and 12" front.
17) What does the sensing burner do?
The sensing burner is a device that detects incomplete combustion during operation of the water heater. If incomplete combustion is detected, the water heater corrects the problem to provide clean, efficient water heater operation at all times. This is an exclusive feature of the Rheem tankless water heaters. 18) Is there a standing pilot?
No, the direct ignition sends a spark to the main burner when hot water flow is detected. This feature improves the energy efficiency of the water heater.
19) Can the water heater be installed at elevations that are 5,000 or 6,000 feet above sea level? All Rheem tankless water heaters can be programmed to operate at elevations up to 9,840 feet. Optional programming chips are available for elevations greater than 3,280 feet above sea level. One programming chip is available for elevations between 3,280 - 6,560 feet, and a second optional chip is available for elevations between 6,560 - 9840 feet. The chips install on the water heater circuit board (PCB) in a matter of minutes and are available from the Rheem Service Parts Department. This again is an exclusive Rheem feature and is designed to insure proper combustion at these higher altitudes. 20) Can I convert the water heater from LP to natural gas or natural gas to LP? No, these units can not be converted from one fuel source to another.
21) Where in my home can I install a Rheem tankless water heater?
The RTG-42PV, RTG-74PV, and GT-199PV indoor units are very versatile, and can be installed in a utility room, a garage, a basement, or an attic as long as enough combustion air is provided. As with any appliance, consult local codes and the manufacturer Use and Care manual prior to choosing the site for installation. They may not be installed in a bedroom or bathroom, and are not designed for use in mobile homes. The RTG-53DV, RTG-74DV, and GT-199DV may be installed in all locations, including bedrooms and bathrooms. These units obtain combustion air from the outdoors. These models are not designed for use in mobile homes. The RTG-74X and GT-199X outdoor models are for outdoor installations only, and are a great alternative if your climate is appropriate. This saves space and the cost of venting.
22) What are some reasons to use a tankless water heater over a standard storage-type water heater?
Tankless water heaters can provide a continuous supply of hot water, while a tank will run out of hot water. Tankless products also have a longer life; lower operating costs, precise delivery temperature, and can be installed in many locations where a storage water heater may not fit. 23) How much can I expect to save on my monthly bill if I install a tankless water heater? Test results have shown that a tankless gas water heater costs about 40% less to operate than an electric water heater, and about 30% less than a natural gas water heater.
24) How much more do they cost to purchase? Generally, a tankless water heater will cost about 2 to 2-1/2 times as much as a standard water heater to purchase and install. Keep in mind that in addition to lower operating costs, useable square footage is gained by choosing tankless!
Related Tags: tankless water heater, rheem tankless, rheem tankless water heaters, rheem, tankless
25)Where can I Puchase Rheem Tankless Water Heaters? http://www.lakecountypipe.com Plumberscrib.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Make An Impression To Your Guests With 3 Tier Cake Stands
Cake stands with 3 tiers - What is that?3 tier cake stands are essentially the most common and the m
- 3 Tier Cake Stands
Cake stands with 3 tiers - What exactly is that?3 tier cake stands are essentially the most common a
- Understanding The Underlying Causes Of Stress And Mental Illness In The United States
I really and truly believe that the hardest thing about being human is trying to understand other pe
- Overhauling The Automobile With A Car Hauler Trailer
Car hauler trailers have been used quite often by home owners to tow their car when shifting from on
- Tag Eyeglass- Protect Your Dreams
Your dreams are reflected in the ocean of your eyes. To guard your dreams you should take care of yo
- Cash Advance Pay Day Loans, Are They The Top Idea, How Could I Avoid Getting Tricked?
At times you run into an emergency or perhaps need advance money instantly. Should you demand just a
- Zero Cost Commissions Income - Fact Or Fiction?
Zero Cost Commissions is a affiliate marketing course that covers all strategies and marketing conce
- Why Would You Make Handmade Cards For Various Occasions?
If you love the happy atmosphere during special occasions like Christmas, Valentine's Day, birthdays
- Non Genuine Printer Cartridge Problems
Today different types of printers available and people can choose any of them. Many people do not bo
- Birthday Barbie Dolls Are Easily Available Online
Barbie Dolls are known for their exceptional grandeur and elegance. Barbie dolls are dear to young g
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Honda Generator EB3800, For an Unfailing Power Stream
Honda generator EB3800 is one of Honda's industrial generator models that is designed for constructi
- Tropical Punch Crib Bedding by Cocalo
Cocalo Inc., manufacturer and distributor of infant bedding collections, was founded in 1998 by Rene
- Men's Bling Rings
Men are trying to compete with women for that ever loving spotlight when it comes
- 'Stamina Bandflex Home Gym Reviews' - Should I Get A Bowflex Instead?
An affordable alternative to the Bowflex is the Bandflex Home Gym. The Bandflex Home Gym uses a seri
- Bling Bling Jewelry Shopping Guide
For those interested in Hip Hop and the bling jewelry that goes with it, here is a general guide as
- Hip Hop Dog Tag Jewelry
Hip Hop jewelry collectors have demonstrated the popularity of dog tag pendants in modern day bling
- Hip Hop Craze
Hip Hop has over the years influenced popular trends, fashion, language and culture in general. Busi
- Hip Hop Fashion Jewelry
Hip Hop fashion in the 80’s and 90’s revealed a new approach to style and d
- Climbing Harness - Shopping Tips And Buying Guide
Nearly every rock climber who has been climbing just about more than a few months can tell you a fal
- Wool Pillows Provide Warmth And Comfort
Is your bedroom one of your favorite places? It's such a cozy and warm room, there's no place more r