Making Homemade Fishing Baits -- Skyrocket Your Catches With This Powerful Information
Many of us would love to catch those big catfish, carp, etc, every time we go fishing. It may just be that the guy is a genius angler, but real fishing success is often simply about using bait that is more effective than most other anglers baits - getting round fishes natural fears and resistance to eating it!...
But how can we achieve this? You can adapt your 'shop-bought' baits and really gain massive advantages, by making your own homemade baits, using your own secret recipes and formulas! Here's a few of some of the best most proven methods of improving your baits and increasing your catches:
1. Try taking a look at the most popular baits where you fish and eliminate any similarity your homemade bait has with them. This especially applies to your own unique fishing bait recipe or formulas. This removes the fishes 'danger reference points'. This gives your bait a massive 'edge' because the fish will not associate your bait with danger, anything like as much as with the baits everyone else are using - the whole point of using any bait is simply to fool the fish into taking a hook into it's mouth!
2. Make your bait different sizes, odd shapes, density, colors, flavors, with different attractors and additives, the more different to the usual bait the fish experience, the more effective your bait will be potentially be. Making your own bait puts the odds back in your favor and the power back into your hands - literally!
3. Absolutely pack your baits with "powerful 'free amino acids' (the type bodybuilders use as a liquid protein food supplement.) Even if you're making a proprietary bait using a 'commercial base mix' that anyone can purchase, this will really set your bait apart and make it preferable to fish!
4. Pack bait with minerals, vitamins and trace elements - get a health tonic supplement from your local drug store. Very few people realize that these are in fact amazing attractors in their own right! An astounding edge is to massively increase the attractiveness and soluble nutritional message leaking from your bait, by soaking your hook bait in a mixture if fresh liquidized sweet corn, molasses and liquid protein food (so-called 'free amino acids.)
5. It has been proven that when tested carp were provided with a number of complete foods providing all their nutritional requirements, preferred the food that had been sweetened. E.g. try sweetening honey and molasses , fruit sugar (fructose), or saccharin.
6. Add Sea salt to your bait - this is one of the most proven and unbelievable fish feeding triggers, and a great nutritional taste enhancer full of minerals. Nearly every animal and fish cannot live without salt!
7. For many fish including catfish and carp, pack your bait with fresh good quality digestible protein - it does not need to be a large proportion, no more than a third of your bait. Ingredients such as trout pellet powder, meat and poultry meals, blood meal, fish meals and shellfish meals and liver powder are great. Add energy rich carbohydrates to provide balanced nutrition and binding. For example, soya flour, semolina, or even ordinary white or brown wheat flour. For carp try adding some wheat germ it has excellent properties!
8. Add a small amount of oil to your bait for a balanced nutritional value. For catfish this could be you favorite fish oil. For carp the best is probably pure cold pressed hemp oil -it's natures 'super food' and is one of the richest and most healthy and nutritional oils known to man and fish!
9. Give your bait some protein that's been 'predigested' or 'hydrolyzed.' This is easily achieved by adding a small amount of proprietary powder, like predigested liver, fish meal or shellfish extracts to your bait; available from bait companies all across the worldwide web. This method is incredibly effective, improving the fish attractive 'amino acid profile of your bait. Fish are extremely efficient at detecting and utilizing amino acids, and you may well find that with the higher the rate of inclusion of these highly fish digestible ingredients, your catches and numbers of bigger fish soar too!
10. Allow your bait to 'cure' for 3-4 days prior to use; this allows your bait to start to ferment and lets bacterial enzymes release alcohols, sugars and increase the level of predigested proteins in your bait; all amazingly extremely good fish feeding triggers and attractors. See the difference this makes to your catches!
11. If you use 'boilies' rather than paste or dough baits, try chopping edges off your hook baits as if other fish have been 'playing with your bait and taking small chunks out of it; this can really make the bigger fish 'feel' safer when they sample your hook baits - try piecing your hook baits right through to release the maximum attraction even from the center of your bait; it really works!
12. Try wrapping your bait and your hook (except the point) in a paste or dough. Try a mixture of ordinary flour, marmite, parmesan cheese, garlic granules, curry spices, sea salt, eggs and liquid amino acids - this mixture is pure 'dynamite' and really makes 'em bite!
13. One of the most successful paste / dough baits of recent times is made from a mixture of fish meal and a couple of predigested ingredients like predigested fish meals, or predigested shellfish extracts. Try binding them together with just ordinary flour and loads of liquid amino acids / protein food supplement. ( But no eggs.) Experiment with different proportions to get your dough / pate to hold and last on your hook for different times. When you 'bait up' or 'chum your swim with free baits like this, to attract the fish - hold on to your rod/s!!!
14. Add natural ingredients to your bait, for example, bird foods contain all kinds of fantastic foods fish love, like insects, seeds, grubs and worms. Many times, these encourage smaller fish to find your bait, and these can lead the bigger ones to your hook...
15. Add a 'crunch factor' to your bait - many fish have food detectors inside their gills, and allowing fish to experience eating your bait like it was natural food, e.g. like shrimps or snails or mussels, is a great way to 'turn them on' and get more confident feeding and more bites!
Making and adapting your own and readymade shop - bought baits to make them different to the rest, and more effective than normal - by far, is a science and a very satisfying 'art'. But by taking advantage of the efforts of those who have done the bait testing, takes away the risk factor and gives you the confidence you need. I could show you real life examples of how using edges like these and others, have resulted in fantastic big fish catches.
I love writing about fishing bait because it is one of the fastest short-cuts to success. I am into bait in a big way, having even researched the subject with a phD biochemist to get to the reasons why and how baits really work to catch fish. I've found that a little bait knowledge can catch you more fish, but the more you know - the more big fish you catch!
The truly amazing thing is, even your average angler can achieve amazing catches with the right bait knowledge!..
The author has many more fishing and bait 'edges' up his sleeve. Every single one can have a huge impact on catches. (Warning: This article is protected by copyright.)
Related Tags: books, fish, homemade, ebooks, fishing, trout, bait, recipes, secrets, baits, carp, catfish, formulas
Tim Richardson is a leading big fish angler with many incredible catches to his name. He is also a nationally recognised carp and catfish bait guru in the UK. His best selling bait making and bait enhancing books / ebooks help beginners and experienced anglers alike to improve and enhance their baits achieving far greater catches of big fish. *His books are even used by members of the elite "British Carp Study Group" for expert reference. * If you feel your catches could gain from more expert bait experience, insights and fishing information and techniques, take a look at Tim's dedicated website.
Contact Tim Richardson: email@example.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Fishing Tackle Review: Greys Sea Spin Lure Fishing Rod
Since I am an avid lure angler, I'm always looking for new gear. My tackle box is full of equipment
- Five Essential Fly Fishing Tips To Help You Catch More Trout
Fly fishing is one of the most preferred freshwater fishing methods, and it is especially effective
- Coarse Fishing Tackle: Daiwa Exceler 3500 Reel Review
Hi, It's me again. Being that you are a coarse fisher means you need to be effectively ready for a w
- Free Advertising For Fishing Vacations And Discount Vacations
Do you own a fishing or outdoor related business? How about a travel site offering discount vacation
- Trout Fishing Secrets: What Trout Don't Want You To Know
It's no secret that trout fishing is one of America's favorite leisure sports because of the trout's
- Catching Trophy Bass - Tips For Hauling In The Biggest Bass
Techniques for catching trophy bass will vary according to the season. Bass migrate like crappie, bu
- The Truth About Trout Fishing Flies
One of the best (and most exciting) ways to catch trout is the fly fishing technique. Contrary to po
- Trout Fishing Lures - Can You Ever Have Enough?
Have you ever been to a sporting goods store with a large fishing section? The selection of fishing
- Fishing For The Magnificent Brook Trout
The Beautiful TroutNot only are Brook trout considered the most beautiful in the trout clan, they ar
- Right Trolling Motor Mount For A Complete Fishing Experience
Imagine a fishing day when you could not catch a fish just because of the wrong trolling motor mount
Most viewed articles in this category:
- How To Make Your Own Custom Fly Leaders
A properly designed and well-made fly leader serves as a vital connection between the fly line and t
- Ketchikan Fishing For Cruise Ship Passengers
Ketchikan is located in Southeast Alaska on Revillagegedo Island. Revilla is accessible only by a
- Homemade Boilies - Making Baits With Predigested Protein Ingredients
Predigested ingredients in dough / paste baits 'ground baits' and boilies are awesome!When used as m
- Ultralight Fishing - The Most Enjoyable and Effective Way To Catch Fish
There are far too many anglers among us who believe that the most effective way to catch a fish is t
- Do You Want To Catch More Fish? Then You Must Read This Article
There are some simple steps that you, the angler, can take in order to increase the amount of fish t
- Carrying Live Worms While Fishing?...Problem Solved
Anyone who spends any time fishing with live worms deals with the problem of carrying that silly lit
- Essential Expert Tips for Making Your Homemad Carp Baits and Catfish Baits!
How to creating a 'dry powder base mix' and how to mix this with other ingredients successfully:The
- Fishing Northern Large Mouth Bass in Big Bear Lake
The Northern strain Bass only have time during the year to grow inches compared to the Florida strai
- Winter Ice Makes Fishing Fun
With winter quickly approaching, people who live in some of the colder regions of the country are pr
- 49 Protein Carp Bait Ingredients and the Best Biological Nutritional Measurement
There is a new American measurement, for the biological nutritional value of food. Its name is:'The