Industry News & Information About China's Gifts & Crafts Export
- Date: 2008-08-25 - Word Count: 860 Share This!
China's Craft Gifts Exports Amount in the the First Three Months of 2008 Down by 7 Percent over the Previous Corresponding Year
China's US$4-billion craft gifts industry is experiencing a slowdown in export growth rates, as suppliers deal with high raw
material and increasing labor costs. Cuts in export tax rebates and the rising value of the yuan are also adding to the pressure.
Confronted by these challenges, export sales and volume in 2008 are foreseen to dip or at least remain at current levels. During the
first three months of 2008, overseas revenue amounted to US$807 million, down by 7 percent over the previous corresponding year. In
volume terms, shipments in the same period went up by a mere 0.8 percent.
China suppliers offer an extensive array of craft gifts in different materials, with designs made of porcelain and ceramic, polyresin, metal, glass and crystal, and wood constituting the bulk of exports.
Many suppliers of China are optimistic about sales growth, particularly for metal, and glass and crystal crafts. These product categories are enjoying higher demand than others, partly because they have a stronger contemporary appeal and are deemed more environment-friendly.
Despite rising production costs, many suppliers are optimistic about sales growth, particularly for metal, and glass and crystal
crafts. These product categories are enjoying higher demand than others, partly because they have a stronger contemporary appeal and
are deemed more environment-friendly.
Gifts & Crafts Products Trends:
While handpainting remains a unique selling point for China-made crafts & gifts, more companies are investing in high-tech equipment,
including laser-engraving machines for glass and crystal designs.
With the intensifying preference for "green" products worldwide, environment-friendly designs will be the key trend for China-made
craft gifts in coming months. Plant-based dyes and certified materials with low lead content will be used in greater numbers.
In line with expanding design ranges, most manufacturers will boost their capacity by 20 to 50 percent in the next 12 months.
In detail, the following are some of the key trends we see in China's crafts & gift industry:
- Decorative craft gifts such as tabletop figurines, miniature replicas, decors and wall hangings made of ceramic and porcelain, metal, polyresin, glass and crystal, and wood. Functional products such as photo frames, clocks and candle holders
- The rising cost of tin, wood and clay is likely to carry on through the rest of 2008, forcing the majority of makers to increase
prices. Most companies doing so will cap markups at 5 percent to stay competitive.
- With the intensifying preference for "green" products worldwide, environment-friendly designs will be the key trend for craft gifts in
coming months. Plant-based dyes and certified materials with low lead content will be used in greater numbers.
- Designs constructed from combination materials such as wood and metal for tabletop figurines will also be popular in coming months.
This technique not only raises the models' aesthetic appeal but also reduces the product cost.
- In line with expanding design ranges, most manufacturers will boost their capacity by 20 to 50 percent in the next 12 months, mainly
via adding more machines and expanding production workshops.
- Craft gifts made of ceramic and porcelain, metal, polyresin, glass and crystal, and wood. The product scope is
limited mainly to decorative models such as tabletop figurines, miniature replicas, decors and wall hangings. It does not include
functional designs such as photo frames, clocks and candle holders.
Gifts & Crafts Market Opportunities
The line between general gifts and decorative accessories is slowly disappearing, with home furnishings still the dominant category. The home furnishings segment (includes candles, picture frames, tabletop accessories and vases) was valued at US$17 billion.
The most important emerging trend in the general giftware sector is the move away from gifts purchased for another person, to purchases increasingly being for the individuals themselves. Important product segments for self-purchases include: home furnishings, aromatherapy products, art candles, Christmas decorations, lamps, linens/throws and plush toys.
Seemingly unlimited access and exposure to new products, materials and resource markets has made US consumers impatient. As a result, Australian suppliers need to have a steady supply of new designs, concepts and/or products available for their distributors and buyers.
American consumers are increasingly using the Internet for purchases. More importantly, consumers are using it as part of their process for learning about and identifying products for purchases made in retail environments. The existence and accessibility of the Internet to consumers becomes a source of legitimacy for the manufacturer. It also becomes an opportunity to communicate information to receptive consumers. The website should be user friendly, providing easy navigation to product information.
Jewellery in particular has sold well over the Internet. Online sellers are often able to sell at lower prices due to fewer middlemen, lower overheads and a 24-hour store front. A search for the keyword 'jewellery' on eBay reveals close to 40,000 items.
US gift convention organisers are the most experienced intermediaries between buyers and wholesalers, and several have launched B2B websites (ie. Americas Mart and Dallas Market Center) designed to capitalise on their existing relationships and expertise.
While most B2B gift industry sites market product on behalf of suppliers, the web is also producing a cyber version of the wholesale distributor - a company in the US that will take ownership of the product and resell it to the retailers. Examples include www.123giftfactory.com, www.made-in-china.com and Whereoware.
Related Tags: hot gifts, giftware, gift market, decorative accessories, china gifts, china gift export, china gift industry, china gift suppliers, craft gifts, gift buyers, gift trends, china craft gifts, china gift manufacturers, china gift factories, gifts wholesale
I'd like to introduce and display an excellent selection of China fine art products and gifts - www.123giftfactory.com to you, also give you great suggestions about gift ideas and the latest fashion art trends in China.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Business News Articles - Getting Everything You Need from a Global Relocation Company
Building relationships... The International Relocation Company that you choose will be a vital
- Christianity Articles - Israeli police sent on wild-goose chase
My unjust deportation from Israel was undoubtedly due to these chief factors: 1) I received a
- Business News Articles - Dimmable LED Lighting - Energy Efficient Dimming Technology
LED lighting over the past 40 years made great strides towards becoming a viable alternative for ene
- Press Release Articles - Mitsubishi iMiEV Wins "Car Technology of the Year" Award
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC), announced today that the "MiEV OS" integrated vehicle control s
- Spiritual Articles - Free Online Tarot Card Readings
All of us would like to know our destiny. Some of us make use of free online tarot card readings sin
- Press Release Articles - Mass flow Stodge Channel Ciawi
Mass flow is estimated that 20,000 people came to the road along the road Ciawi in regard to follow
- Computers Articles - New Conduction-Cooled ATR 6U VPX Platform from Elma Provides Exceptional Thermal Performance
FREMONT, Calif., August 2009 -Elma Electronic Inc.'s Systems division announced today the new conduc
- Research Articles - How Do I Find Public Records the Easier Way
How do I find public records fast and easy? That is the common question for people seeking to get ac
- Current Affairs Articles - The burden of proof in Michael Jackson case lies with the prosecution.
A man is born, he grows, he matures and he dies. In the intervening years between his birth and deat
- Fitness Articles - A cardiac arrest is quite a different diagnosis than that of a heart attack.
Blood vessel dilators and constrictors: Lidocaine, a local anesthetic has dual properties. It acts a
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Making the Most of Holiday Leftovers
Holiday time means turkey, and turkey usually means leftovers. Now you can jazz up roast turkey and
- Online Bookstore Offers the Best Fiction and Non-Fiction Books
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:Margate, FL, June 2006. Do you love to read a good sci-fi book? Are you
- Modern Cash Flow Turns Paper into Cash - Making Magic for Investors, Noteholders
What would you do if you won the lottery? Virtually everyone has spent at least a few minutes daydre
- Ak CreativeWorks Celebrates 19th Successful Year Providing Creative Services To Southland
Mission Viejo, CA – ak creativeworks, a creative services firm serving Los Angeles, Orange and
- Digimaker .NET CMS builds a new portal for FAST
Fast Search & Transfer™ (FAST™), the leading developer of enterprise search and real
- Rodedawg Hottest Amphibious 4x4 Competes as Leader of Off-Road
With fuel efficiency rated at 25 miles per gallon and a sticker price of just $49,000, the new 4x4 a
- How to start a nursing agency business guide!
Fort Collins, Colorado – April 29, 2006 -- National Nurse’s Week is May 6-12 and once ag
- Expansion of Nucleus Data Recovery Centers
New Delhi, India - Nucleus Data Recovery is pleased to announce its expansion. Now we are easily app
- How Can Press Release Increase Web Traffic?
When a business has little or even no budget to promote, "Press Release" is the most advan
- Becoming a Mistress-controversial in Its Own Right
Becoming a Mistress is the title of the first Mistress Series Short Stories by Destiny Blaine. It is