Deductions Missed In Taxes
New points on refinancing: Any point you pay to refinance your home can be deducted on monthly basis over the life of new loan, so if you refinance your mortgage on a 20 year term, seven out of 240 months will be passed after dec31.
Non cash contributions: This deduction is allowed in the year of the charge not, when actually you pay the bill. If you emptied your closets and gave everything to goodwill or charity. The value for those items will be deductible, the rule for non cash charitable contributions the rule is: no receipt means any deductions if you get audited.
Health insurance premiums: The health insurance premiums including long term care premiums are deductible. but if you are self employed and not covered by any employer paid plan you can deduct your 100% health premiums above the line
Investment and tax expenses: We many a times forget tax planning and investment expenses because they are part of miscellaneous expenses. The total must exceed 2% of adjusted gross income, before you get any tax benefit. Many people short change themselves on the deduction of investment expenses.
Casualty deductions: Examples can be taken from hurricanes Katrina and Rita, which devastated the gulf coast, so it your area is declared an affected disaster area. You can claim your loss on the present tax return.
Related Tags: tax deduction
lowcalrecipe-indian vegetable curryYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Guide To Finding The Right Irs Debt Help Solution For Your Situation
Finding the right IRS debt help for your situation is crucial. Where you turn for assistance will de
- The Basic Function Of Accounting
Accounting is a profession as old as the hills. It was a well known practice in the Roman, Ancient E
- The Fundamental Concepts Of Accounting
The Federal Election was held in Australia on 21st of August 2010. During the rather boring election
- Higher Earners Warned Over Tax Relief
Those that fall into the higher earners bracket have been warned that the government may impose furt
- Procter & Gamble Wins R&d Credit Case Against The Irs
On June 25, 2010, the U.S. District Court in Procter & Gamble Co. and Subsidiaries (P&G) v. United S
- 3 Ways To Settle Irs Tax Debt For Less
You can settle IRS tax debt for less if you know your options. There are several ways that you can s
- Five Steps To Finding The Best Tax Lead Company For Your Business
The lead buying business has become an efficient and proven form of outsourcing marketing efforts to
- Truly Effective International Tax Advice
A big concern for the public and corporate business units is to deal with the international tax at t
- How To Avoid Making The Common Tax And Bookkeeping Mistakes?
Even though who consider themselves in the financial loop may fall prey to some of the most common t
- How To Appeal Your Property Tax Bill
The responsible homeowner will want to do a thorough check of their property tax bill to ensure they
Most viewed articles in this category:
- New Tax Rules for the Poor
New tax rules for 2007 will bring about a good year for the poorest of tax-filers in Maryland. Tax-f
- The Best LEGAL Tax Shelter in the World-- Your Home-Based Business!
Welcome to the best legal tax shelter in the world-- you home-based business! As long as you keep go
- IRS Alert: Tax Payers Need to be on the Look out for Fraud
Tax-Definition.org (http://www.tax-definition.org) is reporting on the second part of the tax
- Income Tax Questions Answered Because of Radio - The World Is a Client of "Better Business"
Having hosted a financial radio program over several years has exposed me to many questions. Some of
- 2007 Brings Tax Relief for N.Y. Residents
As of January 1, 2007, New York residents have been benefiting from a decrease in hospital bills, an
- IRS Is Focusing on Schedule C Filers
In the last few tax years IRS has been paying more attention to taxpayers who file a schedule C. The
- Lost Last Year's Tax Return?
It happens every year. Just when you get motivated to get rolling on your taxes, you realize you can
- Figuring Out Your Tax Return Filing Status
When you are ready to plop down and start preparing that tax return, one of the first questions is y
- Taxes: How To Dramatically Reduce Your Taxes With One Simple Step
How to Make It, Keep It, Protect It. Did you know the federal government may keep up to 65.9% of eve
- Energy Efficient Home Tax Credits
Under the Energy Policy Act of 2005 you can get a tax credit if you installed energy efficient win