Energy Efficient Home Tax Credits
The new tax law provides for a tax credit to existing homes. You can get a 10 percent tax credit for buying qualified energy efficiency improvements. Read the 2000 International Energy Conservation Code to qualify.
Use the following items for eligibility:
Insulation systems that reduce heat loss/gain
Exterior windows (including skylights)
Exterior doors Metal roofs (meeting applicable Energy Star requirements).
In addition, the law provides a credit for costs relating to residential energy property expenses. To qualify as residential energy property, the property must meet certification requirements prescribed by the Secretary of the Treasury and must be installed in the taxpayer's main home in the United States.
The following items are eligible:
$50 for each advanced main air circulating fan
$150 for each qualified natural gas, propane, or oil furnace or hot water boiler
$300 for each item of qualified energy efficient property.
The maximum credit for all taxable years is $500 - no more than $200 of the credit can be attributable to expenses for windows.
The new law also makes a credit available to those who add qualified solar panels, solar water heating equipment, or a fuel cell power plant to their homes in the United States.
Related Tags: policy, energy conservation, tax credits, energy savings, tax act, energy efficient windows
Lois Center-Shabazz is the founder of the personal finance website, Msfinancialsavvy.com and the author of the award-winning book, Let's Get Financial Savvy! Msfinancialsavvy.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Guide To Finding The Right Irs Debt Help Solution For Your Situation
Finding the right IRS debt help for your situation is crucial. Where you turn for assistance will de
- The Basic Function Of Accounting
Accounting is a profession as old as the hills. It was a well known practice in the Roman, Ancient E
- The Fundamental Concepts Of Accounting
The Federal Election was held in Australia on 21st of August 2010. During the rather boring election
- Higher Earners Warned Over Tax Relief
Those that fall into the higher earners bracket have been warned that the government may impose furt
- Procter & Gamble Wins R&d Credit Case Against The Irs
On June 25, 2010, the U.S. District Court in Procter & Gamble Co. and Subsidiaries (P&G) v. United S
- 3 Ways To Settle Irs Tax Debt For Less
You can settle IRS tax debt for less if you know your options. There are several ways that you can s
- Five Steps To Finding The Best Tax Lead Company For Your Business
The lead buying business has become an efficient and proven form of outsourcing marketing efforts to
- Truly Effective International Tax Advice
A big concern for the public and corporate business units is to deal with the international tax at t
- How To Avoid Making The Common Tax And Bookkeeping Mistakes?
Even though who consider themselves in the financial loop may fall prey to some of the most common t
- How To Appeal Your Property Tax Bill
The responsible homeowner will want to do a thorough check of their property tax bill to ensure they
Most viewed articles in this category:
- New Tax Rules for the Poor
New tax rules for 2007 will bring about a good year for the poorest of tax-filers in Maryland. Tax-f
- The Best LEGAL Tax Shelter in the World-- Your Home-Based Business!
Welcome to the best legal tax shelter in the world-- you home-based business! As long as you keep go
- Income Tax Questions Answered Because of Radio - The World Is a Client of "Better Business"
Having hosted a financial radio program over several years has exposed me to many questions. Some of
- IRS Alert: Tax Payers Need to be on the Look out for Fraud
Tax-Definition.org (http://www.tax-definition.org) is reporting on the second part of the tax
- IRS Is Focusing on Schedule C Filers
In the last few tax years IRS has been paying more attention to taxpayers who file a schedule C. The
- 2007 Brings Tax Relief for N.Y. Residents
As of January 1, 2007, New York residents have been benefiting from a decrease in hospital bills, an
- Figuring Out Your Tax Return Filing Status
When you are ready to plop down and start preparing that tax return, one of the first questions is y
- Lost Last Year's Tax Return?
It happens every year. Just when you get motivated to get rolling on your taxes, you realize you can
- Taxes: How To Dramatically Reduce Your Taxes With One Simple Step
How to Make It, Keep It, Protect It. Did you know the federal government may keep up to 65.9% of eve
- Deductions Missed In Taxes
The deductions which are often missed by tax payers are as follows: Old points on refinancing: The