What Does Your Team Love About Their Work?
Why is it important that your team enjoy their work? If ALL of the members of your team enjoyed their work, your team could achieve tremendous results for your organization! And, imagine the impact on your own personal job satisfaction from your team achieving amazing results...see how it's all connected?
Ok, let's get started. Let's look at some specific areas that can help you see what's possible for you and your team.
Questions to ask yourself:
1. Who is my team comprised of? This may seem silly, but it is critical that you define the team that you want to use with this exercise. So, get clear on the team you want to look at -- e.g. is it a team of people that you work with daily because you're working toward the same goals? Is it a cross-functional team that represents different departments/areas? Is it a Board of Directors? Clearly defining who is on the team is the first step.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest where your team absolutely loves the work they do, where would you rate your team's current level of work satisfaction? Notice what number comes to mind immediately and write it down. You might be saying "that's hard to answer because some team members clearly love their work more than others." For this exercise, it's important to rate the team as an entire system, not as individual people. Average the individual scores if needed!
3. If you didn't rate your team's current fulfillment at a 10, what would a 10 look like for your team? In other words, what would your team be doing on a regular basis if they were fully fulfilled? What would it feel like for you to work with this team that really loved their work at a level of "10"? What would be different about the individual team members if the group was at a "10" fulfillment level?
4. What does your team currently love about their work? Get specific - think about your team as it exists today and list all of the things that you know your team loves about the work it does.
5. Why does your team love these things? What is it about your list above that brings your team joy and fulfillment? List all of the reasons why these things give your team pleasure.
6. What does your team not love about their work? List the specific aspects of your team's work that you know they do not enjoy.
7. Why does your team not love these aspects of their work? What is it about the list above that does not bring your team joy and fulfillment? List all of the reasons why you think your team does not love these aspects of their work.
8. What could you do to help your team so they DO love their work? This is the time to get creative, have fun and start taking action so that you can have the level of joy and fulfillment that would be a "10" for you and your team! Just because there are a couple of things your team doesn't currently love about their work doesn't mean you can't help the team change those things. It IS possible for your team to love their work! Get specific for each one. For example, if your team feels like the team members don't communicate well with each other, and then ask yourself what you could do to help your team start communicating more effectively. In this example, you might suggest that your team create some ground rules or group norms for communication so that each team member can agree to those rules and start holding each other accountable. Be specific here - this is the time to explore the different ways in which you could have an impact on your team to help them love their work AND get their desired results, so that ALL of you can love your work.
9. What will you commit to? Of the possible actions you looked at above, what WILL you commit to doing to help your team love their work? By what deadline will you do these things (note: it's critical to have a specific deadline for each commitment to ensure your success)?
10. What support and accountability do you need to ensure that you stay committed to these intentions so that you can have the impact you desire with your team? You will have a 95% chance of achieving your goals if you commit to another person and schedule regular, ongoing accountability/check-in discussions. If you don't have someone you can do this with who is truly committed to your ongoing success, contact us about how coaching can support you individually or to help your team stay on track - that's what we do in coaching, is support you and hold you accountable to your most meaningful goals on a regular basis, so that you WILL achieve them!
11. Go back to questions #2 and #3 above - what else does your team need to help it get to the next level of both fulfillment and productivity? Up until now, we've been looking at your team from your perspective. We don't yet know what the entire team thinks/feels about these questions.
Remember: You AND your team deserve to love your work and produce the results that your organization expects...and it doesn't have to be a struggle! We have the diagnostic assessment to measure your team's current productivity and level of cohesiveness with each other, as well as the team building and facilitation expertise to help your team IMPROVE its results to the level your team desires.
Related Tags: teamwork, goal setting, teambuilding, teams, results, team building, goals, business strategy, successful teams, effective teams, goals insight, cheryl mann
Are you a business leader struggling to get the results you need from your team? Despite the many challenges facing organizations today, it IS possible to take your team to the next level and get the results that you and your organization desire! Want to learn how? Visit us: http://www.goalsinsight.com Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The No. 1 Rule For Projecting Confidence - Speak With Authority
One of the most important characteristics a person can project in a business setting - or any situat
- After the Autumn Checkout European Debt Crisis and U.S. Brewing Rebound
In the commotion caused by the Fed on interest rates come to an end, the "disastrous" for the euro a
- Advantages Of Arcade Game Rentals
There are many different advantages to arcade game rentals. Most people need something to release th
- A General Primer on Truck Cargo Nets
In modern highways it is quite rare to see truck cargo nets in action, this is because they are usua
- The United States Will Burst More Severe Financial Crisis
Not long ago, suddenly announced that the central bank to raise interest rates, the interest rate hi
- Niche Marketing Profits - 3 Easy Steps to Finding a Profitable Niche Market Income in 10 Minutes
Like most beginners I was having a very difficult time trying to find a niche market to earn extra m
- The Importance of Hospitality Management Consulting Firms Toronto
Businesses and the managers that help guide any business are in a constant state of improvement and
- New Keynesian Theory Label
2010 winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics three theories have been labeled as "New Keynesian" labe
- Federal Reserve Pouring Money QE2 Unpredictable Fortune
U.S. economist Milton Friedman proposed a "throw the cash from a helicopter" view, while the practic
- Fiscal Consolidation Should no Longer Delay
British Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne today announced fiscal consolidation policy, shoc
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Common Financial Problems to Avoid
One must first change their habits and not procrastinate. American Consultants Inc at offers key fi
- How a Bad Hire Can Hurt Your Business
What's worse - hiring the wrong person or not hiring anyone at all? Companies can become almost des
- Joel Comm Is Dr. Adsense
What is Adsense? If you are new to making money online and net marketing, you may not know what Ads
- 5 Steps For A Dynamic Wealth System Online
Recipe: Opportunity + knowledge + Dynamic Wealth System + Your Action = Massive Success!!! Step 1
- How To Stop Foreclosure
Losing your house to a foreclosure can be very scary. There are times when circumstances are ou
- How to Always Pitch A Strike
As business owners, we are always working on new ways to convince people to become customers, client
- Membrane Diffuser Solutions for Wastewater Treatment Systems
In the aeration basin of a typical wastewater treatment plant there are both organic and inorganic m
- Another Year Hating Your Job or Loving Life?
Copyright © 2007 Mary Foley I've come to the conclusion that to be successful - really successf
- Dyestuff Industry In India And China
World demand for dyes and organic pigments to touch $10.6 billion in 2008According to a study on dye
- Cma-cgm Case : the Series of Lawsuits Continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England and the United States
Damietta company case : The series of lawsuits continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England a