The 10 Important Tips on Cruise Ship Travel Etiquette
For those who will be cruising for the first time, it is important to research all aspects of cruising from motion sickness to cruise etiquette.
Believe it or not, there is etiquette for cruise ships. It is simple guidelines that need to be followed in order to maintain a certain level of order among the thousands of other passengers on the ship.
* Be pleasant! You and your fellow passengers are on a cruise to relax and have fun. Nobody wants to hear complaints or be around a crabby person. People will respond better to someone with a good attitude.
* Manners should be used all the time, however, when you are on a cruise with thousands of other people, using manners will maintain a degree of order and you will not be considered to be rude.
* If you bring your children on a cruise with you, it is important to maintain a certain amount of control. It is natural for them to be excited, however when they are over stimulated, bring them to your cabin to calm them down.
* Dressing inappropriately can offend many people at the same time. Dress appropriately for the function that you are attending.
* When you participate in activities that the cruise ship offers, it is important that you know what time the activity starts and be there on time. You will avoid asking questions that may have already been answered.
* If you decide to see one of the many performances that cruise ships have to offer, it is only good manners not to talk or even walk out before the show is over.
* When you disembark for a day of shopping at one of the ports of call, it is crucial that you know what time to be back. When you are late, you will risk causing a panic or being left behind.
* Be considerate of those around you. If you are a smoker, ask to be seated in the smoking section or go outside to smoke. With the rising concerns of second hand smoke you will avoid being labeled as inconsiderate.
* Listening to music can be relaxing and even soothing. However, not everyone will appreciate your choice in music. Keep the volume down, or even better, wear earphones when you are by the pool or on deck.
* It is an honor to be invited to dine at the captain's table. The whole process is elaborately done with invitations complete with an RSVP. It is important that you respond immediately with your decision.
Cruises were meant for people to relax and have fun, and to meet new people. By following these guidelines, your cruising experience will sure to create memories and possibly friendships that will last a lifetime.
Related Tags: travel, vacation, children, cruise, clothes, cruises, ship, polite, etiquette, leisure, dressing, behave, rsvp
Darren Takenaga is a serious international traveler and is always on the lookout for tips and information to help his fellow travelers make their next vacation a lifelong, happy, memory.
Visit Cruise Ship Travel Vacations
http://www.TravelShipCruises.com to discover various cruise packages, itineraries, and tips for a wonderful cruise vacation.
Also visit Darren's Blog at http://www.DarrenTakenaga.blogspot.com The author of this article has authorized its distribution with the requirement that it be published in its entirety, without changes, including the author's resource box.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- A History Of Cunard Cruises
A Nova Scotia businessman, Samuel Cunard, founded the Cunard Shipping Line in 1840. The line was ina
- Cunard's Queen Elizabeth - A Very British Affair
Whilst there has been ongoing speculation and media hype surrounding Cunard Cruises newest and world
- Dining On Cunard Cruises
When it comes to fine dining Cunard Cruises are committed to making every one of their onboard resta
- Queen Elizabeth, The Newcomer To The Cunard Fleet
Which two 'Royals 'are expecting the arrival of a new queen? Sounds like a 'Weakest Link' question,
- 3 Popular Destinations For European Cruises
Vacations are a time to relax, enjoy yourself, see the world, and experience things you wouldn't ord
- Experience The Vacation Of Lifetime With Celebrity Cruises!
Are you interested in celebrity cruises this summer? Celebrity cruise line is fun of life time, whic
- Cruise Vacationing With The Family
How to deal with the family on a cruise ship tripIn normal circumstances we will all admit that we l
- Cruise Onboard Activities
Staying on a ship for few days seems boring as nothing to do but here are some of the activities you
- Dining Onboard Oasis Of The Seas
It seems only fitting that Royal Caribbean's largest and deservedly the most extravagant Cruise Line
- All About Last Minute Cruises
Cruise vacations are in great demand and cruisers are increasing in number every year. The cruising
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Cruise Free As A Speaker - Simply Speak About Information You Already Know
Yes, you can cruise free by simply speaking about information you already know. There is a simple ei
- Take a Caribbean Dream Cruise Vacation
Some people just need a vacation. When you close your eyes and see white sandy beaches and sparkling
- Exotic Caribbean Cruise Ship Vacations and Excursions: Southern Caribbean
Perhaps the most tropical atmosphere for a cruise vacation is along the southern Caribbean. Scenery
- How to Build Your Own Boat!
STUDY NOTES FOR 12' 16' & 19' DOLPHIN BOATSImportant information on building your own boat!From time
- Caribbean Cruise Routes
The Caribbean Islands are some of the best cruise destinations in the world. With over 50 islands to
- Alaskan Cruise Information
Each year over 250,000 people take a cruise around Alaskan shores. In the last few years, Alaskan cr
- Princesses To Be Christened Together
A unique duel christening is set to take place of two new Princess Cruises liners next year. Princes
- Cruise Ships 2007 - The Best of the Best
If you like the biggest of everything, then the new Royal Caribbean International cruise ship is for
- Caribbean Cruise Lines Activity Guide: Exotic Shoretrips and Excursions
Exotic beaches and cultures are some of the benefits of a cruise ship shore activity. First settled
- Cruise Ship Wedding Packages: Where to Tie the Knot
If you are planning on a wedding at sea, there are some things you should know. Because ships are re