10 Ways To Save Energy And Save Money On Your Electricity Bills For Your Home
1. If your washing machine has an economy setting, then use that instead of the normal setting.
2. Did you know that when an electrical item is on standby that it uses 70% of the electricity that it uses as compared to when it is switched on? Think about all the electrical items you have on standby around your home, if you switch them off instead of putting them on standby you can save a fair bit off your electricity bill each year.
3. If it is possible, move your fridge a few inches away from the wall as this will make it operate more efficiently and save you money.
4. Remember to switch the lights off each time you leave a room.
5. If you have a desktop or laptop computer, you can use the power saving feature which will switch off your monitor after you have been away from your computer for a few minutes. As well as saving money and energy, this will also mean that your computer monitor will last longer.
6. To save up to 10% of your electrical bill, choose to pay by direct debit instead of by paying by cheque or cash at the bank.
7. You may be able to save up to 25% off your electricity bill by switching to another cheaper electricity provider. This is quite straight forward to do and will most likely be the biggest electricity cash saving move you can make. If you have already done this move once before in the past, then you may still be able to save a further 10% to 15% by shopping around again.
8. It is not always the case that having your electricity and gas provided by one supplier is the cheapest way to go. If you look at other suppliers you may find it will work out cheaper to have electricity from one supplier and your gas supply from another.
9. Do not leave electrical items on around the house when you are not using them.
10. Fit energy saving light bulbs around your house which whilst they are more expensive than normal light bulbs, they will last a lot, lot longer.
So as you can see most of the things you can do to save energy and money on your electricity usage are fairly simple, easy to do, you can choose to do some of them or all of them and it really will make a difference to your electricity usage and bills over the years.
Related Tags: money, energy, home, house, usage, electricity, save, providers, suppliers, carbon, emissions, electric
Miguel Poza runs a website about personal finance and saving money where you can findout about many free money saving tips and read other money related articles which willhelp you sort out your finances. You can check it out at Money Helper Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The Secrets to Getting Low Down Payment Car Insurance
Upon purchase of a new car, there is almost always a requirement to buy an auto insurance policy as
- The Wisdom Behind Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
No one in his right mind would not go for a good deal. In fact, everyone is out on their feet and ru
- The Benefits of Auto Insurance Comparisons Florida
Insurance can be expensive. This is something everyone knows about especially in the sunny state of
- Auto Insurance Florida: The No-Fault Policy
There are different kinds of car insurance offered by a wide range of providers today. Different sta
- Finding the Cheapest Auto Insurance Companies
Everyone is asking and searching for the cheapest auto insurance companies available today. Consider
- How do You Compare Private Health Insurance Cover in Australia?
Deciding what is the best and most affordable private health insurance cover can be easy if you take
- How Payment Protection Insurance Was Mis-Sold
For over six years the issue of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) and how it was mis-sold to custom
- Finding Quotes For Auto Insurance Online
One of the many concerns when you are shopping for auto insurance is being able to get access to quo
- How You Can Find the Best Auto Insurance Online
When it comes to renewing your car insurance you are going to quickly discover that there are a numb
- Guidelines For Searching For Auto Insurance Online
The internet can be a great source of discounts and values related to auto insurance. However, many
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Trading Forex With Pivot Points
Forex Pivot Point Trading are used today by Forex Traders and are calculated on the previous days mo
- Where To Search For Free Grants
Where do you look for free grants? The search must be thorough or it could be an exercise in futilit
- The Connection Between High Blood Pressure and Salt
We are a society of Salt Addicts. It cannot be denied. When you look at the things we do and the pla
- Tips For Avoiding HYIP Scams
Before knowing about HYIP Scams, refer to the functioning of HYIP or "High Yield Investment Programs
- Getting Credit After Bankruptcy
Consumers do not have to live sans credit following a bankruptcy. By following certain steps consume
- Tips For Choosing A Credit Card
Are you looking for that perfect credit card? If so, you may be confused about what exactly to look
- Cheap Car Insurance For Teens Online
Many elements determine a car insurance policy. Car insurance companies look at the person's age, hi
- What Exactly Is Free Grant Money?
You can apply for free grant money from various government agencies. But where exactly does this mon
- Small Business Owners Marketing and Customer Service
Marketing can be time-consuming, but it doesn't have to be hugely expensive now, thanks to the Inter
- Apply Online For A Credit Card - How To Choose A Card?
The best type of credit card for you will be dependant on how you intend to use the credit card. Are