Tips For Avoiding HYIP Scams

by Alice Dexter - Date: 2006-12-10 - Word Count: 507 Share This!

Before knowing about HYIP Scams, refer to the functioning of HYIP or "High Yield Investment Programs" in detail. HYIPs bring out a substantial return on a very small investment. Getting back to HYIP Scams, the moment the yield assured is on a higher side and the return period is short, you will know that a scam is in the following. In anticipation of more earnings, individuals tend to invest more than what is required. This is precisely where they end up in trouble. They can loose everything irrespective of the fact that whether they are legitimate programs or not. Scams are so poised that they hook people on this 'get rich quick' idea.

There are certain things that you should always take into consideration. No matter what, never opt for any HYIP in response to an email invitation. It is quite evident that well thought-of firms will not advertise on theses lines. Getting intrigued by the idea of HYIP alone won't help. Make sure that if you are venturing into HYIP, you do your homework on the respective company that holds your interest. Don't get attracted by a sales pitch that their opening ends in two hours and the like.

All you need to do is acquire as much information as you can. And this may comprise of the amount of money that will be invested, the full name, address and location of the company you are concerned with, in which way you can contact them and so on. In addition to that, verify with the Better Business Bureau in that city/town. This is pivotal because complaints against them if any can be brought into light.

The biggest HYIP scam to be found on the Internet is none other than PIPS i.e. People in Profit System or Pure Investors. In fact, according to a website, HYIP Scam Search, the sum number of HYIP scams was in the order of 3500 by May 2006. On an average 5 new scams are reported each day.

Say No To Scams By Learning The Following Tips

As first things first, always make it a point to take back your principal investment and reinvest only the profits. This is how you will safeguard the principal amount. Beyond that, investing just about 75% out of your profit, keeping the rest 25% aside is not that bad an idea as well. Studying the website will certainly do a world of good to you especially in the long run. Ask for the records and all the other information that you think best.

You must know that most HYIP sites are Ponzi Scams. Thus, if a program is offering more then 10% a day, it has to be the above-said scam. This calls for checking the interest. You should settle for 2-5% daily, if a reliable program is what you are looking for. Last but not the least, always try to invest into different programs than concentrating on a particular program if you are to earn big bucks.

All of the above tips can surely help you to keep HYIP Scams at bay.

Related Tags: scams, hyip

Alice Dexter is a successful writer and publisher of HYIP related issues, for more informative articles go to

Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles

© The article above is copyrighted by it's author. You're allowed to distribute this work according to the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs license.

Recent articles in this category:

Most viewed articles in this category: