Preserving Your Fishing Experiences
Far too often, we forget about the good times as the years pass by. I can't tell you how often I have completely forgotten some good time or hilarious event until someone raises it at a party. Suddenly, I am awash in memories and laughing like a madman. Ah, but what about the times that people don't mention and are slowly lost to time?
If you fish a lot, it makes sense to start keeping track of your fishing trips if for no other reason than reading about your past experiences will bring back a lot of memories. While that may be a good enough reason, there are plenty of other ones.
Primary among these is that writing about your fishing experiences helps preserve lessons learned. You should keep notes on the conditions you fished in, bait use, rods, time of day, weather conditions and so on. When it comes time to head back to the same spot, you can refer back to your notes and review what you did the previous times. This lets you consider whether another strategy should be used, perhaps different bait and so on. The more you do this, the more of an expert you will become. Once you become known as a guru for a specific spot, you can stop lying about how big your catches are!
There is a secondary reason for keeping notes on your fishing experiences. If you are not already a father, there is a good chance you will become one at some point in life. Yes, even those of you who swear you will not. Regardless of how it happens, you will inevitably introduce your kids to fishing. As you take trips together, your shared experiences are something you definitely want to keep a record of. Eventually, your fishing note will become an heirloom you can pass down to your kids who can pass it on to theirs. It may sound hooky, but it is one of those things you can share with your kids that they will appreciate and think is cool. Imagine that, a parent doing something cool!
When keeping notes on your fishing trips, it is best to use something that can take a beating. After all, you want the priceless knowledge to survive the test of time.
Related Tags: fish, kids, fishing, outdoors, conditions, bait, rods, guru, catch, trips
Rick Chapo is with Nomad Journals - makers of travel journals to preserve your travel experiences. Great Gifts! Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Fishing Tackle Review: Greys Sea Spin Lure Fishing Rod
Since I am an avid lure angler, I'm always looking for new gear. My tackle box is full of equipment
- Five Essential Fly Fishing Tips To Help You Catch More Trout
Fly fishing is one of the most preferred freshwater fishing methods, and it is especially effective
- Coarse Fishing Tackle: Daiwa Exceler 3500 Reel Review
Hi, It's me again. Being that you are a coarse fisher means you need to be effectively ready for a w
- Free Advertising For Fishing Vacations And Discount Vacations
Do you own a fishing or outdoor related business? How about a travel site offering discount vacation
- Trout Fishing Secrets: What Trout Don't Want You To Know
It's no secret that trout fishing is one of America's favorite leisure sports because of the trout's
- Catching Trophy Bass - Tips For Hauling In The Biggest Bass
Techniques for catching trophy bass will vary according to the season. Bass migrate like crappie, bu
- The Truth About Trout Fishing Flies
One of the best (and most exciting) ways to catch trout is the fly fishing technique. Contrary to po
- Trout Fishing Lures - Can You Ever Have Enough?
Have you ever been to a sporting goods store with a large fishing section? The selection of fishing
- Fishing For The Magnificent Brook Trout
The Beautiful TroutNot only are Brook trout considered the most beautiful in the trout clan, they ar
- Right Trolling Motor Mount For A Complete Fishing Experience
Imagine a fishing day when you could not catch a fish just because of the wrong trolling motor mount
Most viewed articles in this category:
- How To Make Your Own Custom Fly Leaders
A properly designed and well-made fly leader serves as a vital connection between the fly line and t
- Ultralight Fishing - The Most Enjoyable and Effective Way To Catch Fish
There are far too many anglers among us who believe that the most effective way to catch a fish is t
- Homemade Boilies - Making Baits With Predigested Protein Ingredients
Predigested ingredients in dough / paste baits 'ground baits' and boilies are awesome!When used as m
- Do You Want To Catch More Fish? Then You Must Read This Article
There are some simple steps that you, the angler, can take in order to increase the amount of fish t
- Ketchikan Fishing For Cruise Ship Passengers
Ketchikan is located in Southeast Alaska on Revillagegedo Island. Revilla is accessible only by a
- Carrying Live Worms While Fishing?...Problem Solved
Anyone who spends any time fishing with live worms deals with the problem of carrying that silly lit
- Making Homemade Fishing Baits -- Skyrocket Your Catches With This Powerful Information
Have you ever wondered why one guy seems to catch the biggest fish again and again, while the major
- Essential Expert Tips for Making Your Homemad Carp Baits and Catfish Baits!
How to creating a 'dry powder base mix' and how to mix this with other ingredients successfully:The
- Fishing Northern Large Mouth Bass in Big Bear Lake
The Northern strain Bass only have time during the year to grow inches compared to the Florida strai
- Winter Ice Makes Fishing Fun
With winter quickly approaching, people who live in some of the colder regions of the country are pr