What Are Giclee and Digital Prints?
With today's high-end inkjet printers, ultra chrome pigmented inks, and professional grade papers that are fade resistant, photographic images can be created that can last a lifetime. One of the advantages of high-end digital printing is that the images can be optimized for color accuracy better than other methods of print reproduction.
Giclee (pronounced "zheeclay") prints are fine art digital prints that use 8 or 12 color inkjet printers. Giclee is a French word meaning spray or a spurt of liquid. Giclee printing can produce beautiful detailed photographic prints at various sizes and on different surfaces like watercolor paper, canvas or other fine art papers. The print's longevity is based on the media (the paper) and inks being used - generally 90-100 years. Remember, the stability of the print will vary due to environmental factors, too. Proper matting, framing, and lighting conditions in the room will all affect the longevity of the image.
With the advent of high-end digital printing, once an image is digitally archived, artists can print on demand without any change in the quality of the final print. Also, with digital printing, images can be reproduced onto various media (canvas, watercolor paper, etc) and at most sizes. Today, galleries often display and sell high-end digital prints. They sell at prices similar to other contemporary fine art prints.
Related Tags: giclee printing, fine art digital printing, fine art glicee, artist printing, art prints, art photo
Andrea Sperling is the founder of the online fine art photo gallery for the home called Will It Look Good Over The Sofa. To see her site, visit =>http://WillItLookGoodOverTheSofa.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- A Subject And His Personality
The challenge to all portrait painters is pleasing the beholder as well as having the ability to fix
- A Review Of The 28 Page Free Report "shoot Digital Pics Like The Pros"
There are a lot of fine, relatively recent products coming available to buy daily. A few of these ar
- Night Vision Scope- Explore The Beauty Of Nature In Night Also
Going out for a camp in forests??? Or somewhere?? Not possible to see far of objects or things in th
- Commercial Photography - Photography As A Business
Photography- I guess this won't be a strange word to hear for most of you but commercial photography
- Night Vision Camera Ensuring Your Safety
No one can see anything in darkness. But imagine you are capable enough to do so then what would you
- Looking For A Wedding Photographer In Edinburg?
You've spent sleepless nights to ensure that your wedding day is picture perfect and goes smoothly w
- Cost Effective Wedding Photography
It's the most special day of your life and you've dreamed about this day, since you were a child. Yo
- Hiring A Budget Wedding Photographer?
Wedding Photography accounts for almost 10 % of the entire budget of the wedding. Does this mean tha
- Image Editing:a Must For Advertising Agencies And Publications
When you see any attractive image in any online publication or in print, have you ever thought who t
- How To Guide For Properly Storing Photographs
Photographs are more than just pieces of paper, they are reminders of a life once lived, and cherish
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Matting Fine Art Photographs
Picking the right mat when framing fine art photographs and other pieces of art can enhance the visu
- 32 Bit Images-Stunning New Style Of Photography
The new version of Photoshop which came out last year offers a whole new feature which allows photog
- Ten Tips For Working With Macro Digital Photography
Macro photography is a fun way to get close up shots look stunning. If you want to get technical, th
- Merging Two or More Images in Photoshop
Have you ever noticed how magazines, newspapers and some web designers are able to combine multiple
- Buying Limited and Open Edition Prints
When you're buying fine art photographs, lithographs and other printed art, you'll notice that they
- Do You Have A Passion For People Photography?
Well, I'm sure you have a passion for photography and that's why you are reading this article.If you
- What to Look for When Shopping for a Digital Camera
Shopping for digital camera for the first time can be a confusing and daunting experience. With so
- Hong Kong Photographer Stock Photography Royatly Free vs. Licensed
There are two types of licenses for the reproduction of photographs. One is called Traditional Licen
- Stock Photograhy Lesson - Quality Requirements for Online Stock Photograph Sales
Most online stock agencies require that your images be submitted in TIFF or JPEG format at resolutio
- Preparing Artwork For Print
From the moment you wake up in the morning, you read the newspaper, curse the amount of junk mail on