A Map Mural for Your Business
Yay! That retail store you've been planning has finally opened its doors and you are officially in business. But how do you reach your customers? What neighborhoods do you distribute pamphlets to or knock on doors? And how can you best leverage your current client base to pull in new ones?
Print a map mural and cover your wall with it. Not one of those oversized flattened globes with a picture of a panther in South America and a whale in the ocean. Your map mural must be relevant to your business district.
Or your campaign district. Most campaigners understand the power of a map mural to a successful campaign (I know; I've been through my share of them!), but few business people realize how their strategy could be so much easier to achieve with the help of a wall map. I talked to Kent Hargesheimer of Geo Printer, map murals . Here are five reasons he cites that your business could use a wall map:
Love Your Map Murals!
1. You have people delivering pizzas or crown jewels, political flyers or newspapers? Let your staff instantly find where they are going. Wall maps are ideal for deciding where to go before leaving the store or depot.
2. Wall maps help you plan. You can plot where the competition is, where your customers are...in fact, you can do entire SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) analysis based on geography. If you plot demographic data, such as you might find at demographic reports store , you can easily see where your best target customers are located.
3. Wall maps can help you define delivery or sales territories to maximize revenues. Use erasable markers to redefine territories as need...such as when you add new customers to the map.
4. Map Murals can actually draw traffic in off the street. If your map shows the surrounding neighborhood, people will drop in to your store to find out where other stores and services are located. Here's a tip – invite your customers to place small colored stickers where they live on the map...As a bonus, you'll get an excellent visualization of where your customers are located.
5. Map murals make great additions to the office decor. They make your employees feel a little more connected to the community and can also instill a sense of who the customer is and why they are there (to serve the customer, right?)
Before you print a map mural, the map will have to be designed. There are many great options available at online software stores, such as GIS 4 Less software .
A map on the wall motivates staff and keeps them organized. It connects you to your customers. Posting a map mural says," We are in business and ready to conquer." Just don't try putting up a map of the world...at least, not to start with.
David Leonhardt is a Canadian website marketing consultant in Ottawa. Read his SEO book and tips and his media relations plan for small business.
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- 5 Reasons That a Restaurant Should Use a Restaurant Recruiter
Have you ever noticed how many restaurants pop-up over time but then disappear just as quickly? Runn
- Does Money Motivate?
Some say money can't buy happiness, but data shows that for those who can barely pay the monthly bil
- Because Workforce Friendly Policies Payoff
Employer-sponsored wellness programs are becoming more popular as companies strive to maintain a hea
- EAP Value
Life would be simpler if we could set aside our personal issues and emotional baggage when the workd
- Hiring an Expert SEO Company to Improve Your Online Business
Search Engine Optimization or SEO Services are used to make your website or online business popular
- Why Safety Training at Workplace is Important
Safety training at workplace should be one of the top priorities of your business. An effective safe
- Team Building: Brain and Sweat to Attain Company's Central Goal
Are you one of those employees branded ineffective and unproductive? Reasons might be the sense of d
- Security Alarm System
It is a must that houses and offices install a security alarm when we speak about safety reasons. Se
- Workplace Safety Tips
When we speak of safety based on books, its importance is next to food. It is essential to all indiv
- The Benefits Of Lease-to-own Properties
One of the hit real estate investments today is to buy properties that will later be put up as "leas
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Attracting Customers Through An Improved Shopping Experience
So many new shopping malls and supermarkets are put up every year. Many more are already in business
- "To Oz!": Leading a Resilient-High Achievement Organization
One of my favorite movies is "The Wizard of Oz" based on the book by Frank Baum. The story is about
- 5 Critical Items Never to be Included in Cost Benefit Analysis
When dealing with decisions using Cost Benefit Analysis techniques it is very important to follow th
- Collaboration and Change
I’m an expert on change and leadership, but my most popular speaking topic this past year, and
- Workplace Gap
In your workplace, are you a manager with a smart group of people and they aren't responsive to your
- Leadership - The Proper Relationship with Subordinates
In the army, "the men" are kept separated from those known as "the officers." This comes from the id
- The 10 Most Asked Questions of Cost Benefit Analysis
When dealing with decisions using Cost Benefit techniques it is very important to follow the proven
- Cubicle Space Planning
Space planning is an essential element of any project and efficient planning serves the dual purpose
- Why Passenger Surveys are a Transport Operators Best Friend
Public transport operators who already use passenger surveys may not fully appreciate the multiple b
- An Attempt To Simplify Critical Thinking
Any form of training, so long as it is directed towards enhancing the present will always turn out t