Getting The Most From Business Cards
• Paper quality. It must be high. Period.
• Ink must not run. Place a drop of water on your card and see what happens
• Size must be standard 3.5" x 2" inches. Larger ticks people off
• Colour. This is a big deal. Anything over 3 colours is distracting (photographs exempt) and black and white is just boring. Find the middle ground and go with it
• Message. Your business card should clearly tell people what you do. If it isn't clear, you need to do some work and re-word it.
• Font size. Font should be no smaller than 10 points; otherwise it's too hard to read.
Your card is around even when you aren't. It can speak for you, do advertising for you. Make sure it does just that, and stands out from the rest, but in a good way. Give out lots and lots of cards, 2 or 3 at a time, so they may be passed on to others. Your cards do you no good sitting on your desk; give them away, that's what they are for! You can always have more made.
Related Tags: marketing, advertising, business, font, card, black, message, photo, size, white, ink, trash, colour, stand out
Loralea Prentis is a freelance copywriter currently residing in Ottawa, Canada with her husband and two children. She is educated in Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations and in the health care field. For more information, please visit her website at
http://www.thewritingshop.caYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Is SEO Optimisation Important Today?
Those who have tried setting up their own websites know just how competitive the online market reall
- How to Shop Fearlessly, Look For Bargains, And Save Time and Money on the Web?
With the advent of online shopping, going to outlets and discount shopping centers may become an act
- Roll Up Stand Changing Vendor Booths
Most people have been to trade shows, home shows, state and county fairs and other places where ther
- Achieving Your Advertising Goals With a Roll Up Stand
Advertising is a common function of a business. However, it requires creativity and hard work to ens
- Trade Show Displays and Expos
Trade Shows and community business Expos provide a captive audience for your business, to get the wo
- How to Make Sure Your Newsletters Are Sent Out on Time
There are three key elements to making sure your newsletter is delivered on time: People, planning,
- Portable Displays - Trade Show Displays
Portable Displays are the best option for exhibitors when it comes to Trade Shows. Portable Displays
- Banner Displays - a Great Portable Display
Banner Displays are considered one of the most portable displays when used for trade shows. They com
- Small Business Reputation Management - Your Small Business Information Could be Wrong
Bad information could be out there circulating on the Internet this very minute about your business
- Eight Guidelines For Writing Newsletters That Engage Your Readers and Build Your Business
Want to write newsletters that engage your readers and help to build community? Whether you are a sm
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Adsense Is Making Me Rich
I want to talk to you about the power of Google AdSense and how you can use it to generate not hundr
- How to Increase Your Business Using the Esoteric Science of Radionics
As a small business owner, there are an amazing number of difficult skills I need to master so my bu
- 14 Top Lead Generation Tips
According to former Harvard Business School professor David Maister, typical marketing practices are
- More Marketing Dope
Direct marketing can make you very successful, but you’ve got to understand the basics. Here a
- The State Of Paid-To-Surf Programs Today
What a difference a year can make. 12 months ago, auto surf programs were at their peak. More an
- Should You Open Up An Ebay Store?
Ebay has provided some amazing opportunities for many people to earn online. This widely popular au
- Is Adsense A Good Idea?
For many webmasters, Google AdSense has become a great revenue generator. Since the program pays th
- The "Coat Of Arms" Revisited
Recently I listened to a interview with Mark Joyner and Gary Halbert about Gary's famous "Coat of Ar
- Brand Loyalty
It's a challenge getting consumers to remain loyal to a particular brand. Unlike the good old days w
- The Hottest Affiliate Ebooks Out in the Market Today!
Affiliate Project X is a great affiliate marketing ebook. Totaling only 50 pages you could have your