Why Pay for Directory Links?
One of the methods used in Search Engine Marketing is the technique of buying links.
While some frown on this method entirely, or may not need to partake in this action, there are
those of us who do and reap the benefits.
Paid directory links are better for sem purposes (as opposed to text link advertising) - because
good fee-based directories place your link
in the appropriate category of which the site's main topic is about.
Why does this matter?
For one moment, let's take a look at how a search engine spider spends its life. It endlessly
crawls the Internet, looking to not only discover new content, but to also find related topics,
fresh information and to also somehow apply all of that knowledge together in order to
algorithimically produce the most relevent result.
So, as the search spider continues to find your site listed in the same category through-out the
web, (for this example we'll use "Software") it makes it easier for the spider to categorize your
site. This partially explains why you may see some sites that appear in listings that are not
100% on target.
While there are many reasons to blog, there are two primary uses that are becoming more
widespread with blogging: To game Google Adsense, and to also game the search engines for better
Since Blogs are known to the search engines as daily snippets of information that are
updated on a frequent basis, they get a lot of preference in the search results.
Depending on the service you utilize, there are still some basics that you can apply. The two
biggest blogging sites are WordPress and Blogger. If you are looking for an advantage with SEO,
you should use Blogger since they are owned by Google, and you'll be indexed quicker.
Blogs aren't all that much different than a site. The power of a blog is from the frequency of
the posting. If the search engines see a
pattern of 3 postings per day, they will be very active on spidering that site. Depending on the
topic of the blog, you may be able to boost your blog in the rankings if it's related to a hot
topic on the Internet.
Since blogs are typically a few pages long, you only need to establish a few rules that will be
* Use an interesting title - Also known as linkbaiting - your title should captivate the user
to read more
* Try to use your blog keywords in the title - while it may be hard to always do this, by
keeping the title related to the topic, your blog will always be relevant
* Use the H1 tags - All blog editors allow for custom templates, so be sure to stylize your
blog title in the H1 tags
* Link to other blogs - Find other related blogs that your readers might find interesting,
and ask for a link in return
* Don't forget about your archives - You may post a topic that isn't hot at the moment, but
comes up later - make sure your readers can find that posting
As stated above, the key to a successful blog is frequent postings. You don't need to write up an
article everytime, two paragraphs and maybe some resource links is what a typical posting should
be comprised of.
When the search spider repeatedly finds a website within the "Software" category on many
directories, and the site in question is about software, it makes the ranking easier to compute
for the search engine when delivering
results from a user query.
Another factor that is added to the computation is the link weight - basically, of all the
links that the search spider found linking to your site, how many of them were any or all of the
* Lead the search spider to a topical page
* Are from a "Trusted" or "Authority" site
All of these are great reasons to pay for fee-based directories that take the time to carefully
review sites that are listed - take advantage of this great opportunity!
Related Tags: internet marketing, search engine marketing, link building, seo company, seo services, ppc management
we provide best articles for seo category
Recent articles in this category:
- Aerial Photogrpahy - Is gyro-stabilisation nessecary?
† The airliner you were travelling on would havecertainly had a few in the inertial navigation
- Product Creation: Get the Full Benefit of the Product
What is the single most powerful marketing technique you can use to grow an existing business?
- Traffic Generator Program Review: InstantBuzz
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
- What is Bum Marketing?
The simple answer to that question is article marketing.† But recently, as more and more peopl
- Best Eight Free Methods For Website Promotion with Tips
1. Forums - Do not spam the forum by blatantly advertising your business in posts. Instead, pu
- New Free Online Advertising Service by 104inc
My last article contained some excited news. As I mentioned,¬†104inc recently launched¬†an exciting
- Never Let Your Marketing Become Too Unfocused
For marketing to really work it needs to have a clear focus and intent behind it. You have to have
- Go Beyond the Expectations of Your Target Market
I like a surprise just as much as the next person, and the best way for a company to surprise me is
- Article Marketing-ge the Go to Guy/gal With Articles: Write for Cash
In the field of article marketing research, or being a Internet marketing consultant you will likel
- Online Stock Photography - a World Where Pigs Fly
I remember back in the early 90s when my brother John called me up on the phone one day and explain
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Advertising The Life Of Your Business
Having an internet business or a website is just the tip of the ice burg, you might have the best lo
- 5 Easy Ways To Inspire Yourself to Write An Internet Marketing Article
The main ingredient in baking up an internet marketing article is a large dose of creativity. While
- 4 Ways to Pull Readers in Using your Articles
What are the qualities of a well written article? It must build your profile as an expert. The
- Using forum posting to drive traffic
Post relevant information to forums and genuinely contribute to discussions. And have your signature
- The Forgotten Advertising Tip
I'm sure while you have seen many tips on advertising, many that talk about testing and tracking yo
- Internet Marketing Strategy:The Advertising Co-op
The advertising co-op is an Internet marketing strategy that should bring sustained financial succes
- THE 7 Step Formula For Writing POWERFUL Articles In Less Than An Hour
What I'm about to Reveal to you in this article is a easy to follow, "Step-By-Step" formul
- Ten reasons why online surveys are the future of marketing
Customers are tough cookies. They're extremely media aware and increasingly cynical – it's a c
- 12 Benefits of Internet Marketing for Your Business
Some of the goals that can be achieved by launching a website include the following:1. Far Cheaper a
- Why your site is not making money
Many people often asked, “Why am I not getting sales, nobody is signing up, I am not making an