Seven Easy Bathroom Accessories To Give You The Look You Want
Anyone with a designer eye or the desire to have one knows there is a whole lot more to bathroom accessories than just towels and washcloths. Choosing just the right accessories can make or break a design theme.
Beyond the fixtures, the wall coloring and the floors, the bathroom accessories are necessary to tie a design scheme together. When every detail is "just right," the bathroom can turn out to be the best-dressed room in a home.
The types of bathroom accessories that can add to or take away from the look of the room include:
* Throw rugs. These are standard accessories in most bathroom designs. Protecting other carpeting or feet on the way out of the shower or providing comfort for those using the commode, these rugs are vital for tying a look together. Try to choose them carefully to match the design that has been chosen. A modern scheme for a child's bathroom, for example, might call for very bright and bold throw rugs.
* Soap and toothbrush holders. These are pretty small touches in the grand scheme of things, but they can carry on the theme. A nautical bathroom, for example, might have a beautifully hand painted soap holder on the vanity top and a similar design for the toothbrush holder.
* Shower curtains. Unless a glass door is in use, this is a major accessory to consider. The shower curtain is often one of the biggest accessories that goes into a bathroom. Find the right materials, color or design to match the chosen look. Pay attention to the curtain chosen when picking out other appointments such as rugs and towels.
* Trash receptacle. This can be a huge addition in a bathroom design. The options here range from those that are meant to sort of blend into the background to those that standout all on their own.
* Magazine holders. These can also be fantastic bathroom accessories. When they are attractive and match the design theme, they can really help complete a look.
* Mirrors. Anyone can have a plain, unframed mirror on the bathroom wall, but when these accessories are designed to make a statement they can do so in a big way. Some people opt to find designer mirrors that accent their theme and have them altered to serve as medicine cabinets. Others opt for funky-framed mirrors to hang on the wall as they are.
* Pictures. These should be chosen to add to the look desired. A country-themed bathroom, for example, might have pictures of flowers, crops, hearts, barnyard scenes or more. Pay very close attention when choosing these accessories for the bathroom. Beyond the shower curtains, these might be the single most important accessories for bringing a look together.
Some people choose to have a plain old bathroom. Others want a look that follows a theme and turns the room into more of a retreat. This can be accomplished quite well when the bathroom accessories are carefully chosen to build up and build on the theme.
Related Tags: bathroom, bathroom accessories
For more information on bathrooms, try visiting http://www.bathroomdetails.com - a website that specializes in providing bathroom related tips, advice and resources including information on bathroom accessory. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Lawn Mowers Electric Vs Petrol - Which Is Better?
When searching for the perfect lawn mower, many homeowners find themselves wondering which kind is b
- Popular Types Of Mattresses
It is needless to describe the utility of mattresses for having a sound night's sleep; bed mattresse
- Furniture Sofa Legs - Making The Old Sofa New Again
Home decorators get excited when confronted with an old sofa with a lot of potential. For those who
- Finding The Right Granite For Your Home
The massive amount of options that are available can make choosing the right granite countertop for
- The Truth About Black Mold Toxicity
The term "toxic mold" is not accurate. While certain molds are toxigenic, meaning they can produce t
- Bunk Beds For Older Individuals - Are They Genuinely Worthwhile Acquiring?
Typically people think it a little random when adults get to sleep in loft beds. Nonetheless, in the
- Kitchen Countertop Ideas: Ceramic And Granite
Ceramic tiles for kitchen countertops have become a must have in home buyers' kitchens.Whether you p
- Why Front Door Security Is Important
It is an important aspect to realize the fact that even by having a fully fledged home security syst
- Use Fire Seals On Fire Doors And Save Lives
Basically, a fire door is designed to save lives. This is the reason why there is such a big require
- The Importance Of Front Door Security
The importance of your home's security hinges upon your door's quality and the lock system. For that
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Learn About The Basics of Basement Dehumidifier
Ever wonder how people keep their basement dry? Let me tell you a little secret. With proper air con
- Cable Lock Foundation Repair
Foundation repairs are the most expensive, and sometimes the hardest type of damage to detect. This
- What's Covering Your Windows?
At one time, curtain rods were used for only one purpose – hanging curtains. Today they are mu
- Wooden Railings and Their Many Uses
Wooden railings remain one of the most common types of railings throughout the country. They not onl
- Feng Shui To Greater Luck In This New Year
There are at least six ways to learn Feng Shui Luck. First you must learn and understand the very b
- Adding A Pleasant Marble Coffee Table To Your Home
Usually, the couch or entertainment center get most of the attention in one's house, but there is no
- Scroll Saw Basics
Scroll Saw Basics by Lee Bowman If you are wanting to try your hand at scroll work, a
- How To Clean Wood Furniture
A room full of beautiful wood furniture brings warmth and elegance to any room, however, it's inevit
- Welding And Metalwork: Strength And Function, Part 2
Metalwork is the art of making various objects out of metal. Most metalworkers are also called machi
- The Bahamas Hurricane Shutter
Every year, hurricanes are formed in the ocean and wreak havoc when reaching land. This usually occu