Ingredient of Indonesian Dishes
INGREDIENTS OF INDONESIAN DISHES
Indonesia dishes are amongst the most delicious in the world, to make Indonesian dishes we need a lot of ingredients. But sometime we have a problem to find or to know ingredients we need to make Indonesian dishes.
Have the following ingredients on hand in your pantry to make it easier to prepare Indonesian-style dishes. Most ingredients can be found in your local supermarket or greengrocer. Some of the specialized ingredients can be found in Asian Food stores.
These is some of the following ingredients of Indonesian dishes:
- Capsicum: Also known as red or green peppers.
- Capsicum:From the candleberry tree, these nuts look like macadamia nuts and taste like Brazil nuts. Available from Asian Food strores.
- Cardamon: Spice from the ginger family. Seeds are purchased whole, either in or out of their pods, or grounds.
- Chillies: Small red chillies are the hottest. The larger red chillies are milder and green chillies are milder still. Seeds are often discarded as they are the hottest part of the chilli..
- Coconut Cream: Thick white liquid that rises to the surface when coconut milk is left to stand.
- Coconut Milk: This is not the juice from the inside of the fresh coconut but the liquid extracted from the white flesh.
- Coriander: Indonesians use only the seed of the coriander plant, not the leaves or roots.
- Cumin: An aromatic spice with a pungent flavour, seeds are available whole or ground.
- Egg Noodles (fine, dry): looks like fine spaghetti which has been wound into a small bundless.
- Ginger: Fresh ginger root is recommended, rather than dried. Indonesians also use laos and galagal which give a similar flavour and are occasionally available fresh from Asian Food stores.
- Palm Sugar: Dark brown sugar made from the juice of the coconut palm flower. Sold in hard blocks, cut off required amount and crush it. Available from Asian Food stores.
- Peanut Oil: A light oil used extensively in Indonesian cooking. Coconut oil is also used.
- Rice Flour: Is finely ground white or brown rice and often used as a thickener.
- Shrimp Paste(terasi): Extremely pungent, salty paste, sold in jars. Also available in hard blocks, use sparingly.
- Soy Sauce (kecap): Light soy sauce which is thin and salty. Kecap manis is dark soy sauce which is thick and sweet.
That is some of the following ingredients that we can use when we make Indonesian dishes. To learn more about the Indonesian dishes recipes, please visit: http://recipes-idea.blogspot.com, good luck for all of you guys.
About The Author
Hermawan is an entrepreneur, and he has a lot of recipes idea to share, please visit: http://recipes-idea.blogspot.com
Related Tags: recipes, cooking tips, fresh recipes, recipes idea, tips on recipes, hot recipes, cooking recipes, cooking method, how to choose good ingredients
Hermawan is an entrepreneur, and he has a lot of recipes idea to share, see the recipes on http://recipes-idea.blogspot.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Avebury Stone Circle - Does It Have Magical Powers?
Avebury is the site of an ancient monument consisting of a large henge. Its construction was spread
- How To Successfully Manage Your Digital Photo Collection And Prevent Catastrophic Loss
Wow.... talk about digital explosion, progress in leaps and bounds. In just a space of 20 years we h
- A Short But Fascinating Look At Tin Lunch Boxes
Tin lunch boxes went through a great period of revolution throughout the central part of the last ce
- Buy A Unexpected Gift Not Your Normal Gifts
No matter what the personality of the person is, you can always opt for the personalized gift sets t
- Laser Tattoo Removal Facts To Know
Untold numbers of folks, perhaps even more, walk around having tattoos. A few are visible, some are
- The Reason For High Tattoo Removal Costs
Occasionally, you really need to need some thing really bad in your life to put up with the costs th
- Honey Bee Magic - Controlling Taste, Texture, And Flavor
There is a great deal of pride that you get from making your own honey, plus it usually tastes bette
- Toy Model Trains; The Coming Of Age.
Did You Or your children grow up with Thomas the Tank Engine? Did you ever read them the story of "T
- Most Popular Woodworking Crafts And Projects To Do
Is it finally time for the yearly vacation? It's always very hard to wait for the vacation to take p
- Scientifically Proven To Add Years To Your Life Keep Your Mind Active And Even Expand Grey Matter
Do it yourself homemade projects have always fascinated me and I always have something on the go.My
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Scientists Today are using Satellite Photos More for Humanitarian Need Rather Than Espionage
Have you ever had the opportunity of seeing real life satellite photos? Well, in the past few weeks,
- Japanese Kanji symbol translation for your tattoo.
There are three types of Japanese symbols to choose from when considering a Japanese style tattoo. K
- Holly 'red Beauty' (ppaf #14750)
>A Compact, Disease Resistant Holly - 22 Years in the Making! Dr. Elwin Orton of Rutgers University
- Miroslav Klabal is an Art Dealer With a Difference
Giving a vent to one's feelings and expressions is not an easy task. Art is one form that can be mad
- Find your Favorite Online Casinos
The interest of gamblers in online casinos is constantly on the increase and so is the number of cas
- Understanding Dress Up Games
Some parents are concerned about their daughter's safety online. They wonder as she sits down at the
- Bass Fishing - Learn the Facts That Can Help you Catch the Trophies
In the fishing world largemouth bass and smallmouth bass are two of the more highly coveted fish ind
- Giclee Prints - Affordable Fine Art
"Giclee" is a style of fine art, which incorporates the use of modern day printers, predominately 7-
- Beach Decorating for Adults and Kids; From Bathroom Décor to Beach Dioramas
One way to bring back memories of a summer at the beach is through beach themed decorating. It is al
- Miroslav Klabal is a Multitalented Art Dealer
Miroslav Klabal is one of the most well recognized names in the world of art these days. However, it