Want A Killer Cover Letter? Follow These 5 Steps
In this article we look at 5 things you need to include or leave out of your cover letter.
1. Leave your contact information off of the cover letter. All of your contact information needs to be contained in your resume. Putting your contact information on the cover letter will be redundant.
2. Somewhere in the cover letter let the company know what position that you are applying for. Do not assume that there is only one job opening at the company and make sure the person who is hiring knows exactly the opening you are interested in. Stating the position you are applying for will get your resume to the correct person or department.
3. The cover letter is announcing yourself as such, let the company know that you are interested in a position with their company and enclosed is a copy of your resume.
4. Make the cover letter short and sweet do not go into your qualifications and what you have accomplished in the past, this is what the resume if for. Most people will scan the cover letter so make is as easy as possible for them to decide what your information is regarding.
5. Have somebody review your cover letter and your resume before sending it out. The last thing you want on either of them is typos. Having typos on your resume will almost in every case get it thrown straight into the trash bin.
As you can see adding a cover letter is not that difficult. If you have a template set up on your computer than you can tailor each cover letter for each position you are applying for in a short amount of time.
You just read are 5 steps you can take to make sure that you have a good cover letter for any situation.
Now go out and get that job.
Related Tags: resume, cover letters, job search
Chris helps people make decisions about work at home opportunities mainly internet marketing. to read more helpful articles please visit http://www.theworkathomerevviews.com If you need to contact me your can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Cv Writing Tips - How is a Good Cv Used?
How is a Good CV Used?The good news is that your CV may be used in various ways for different purpo
- How to Make a Targeted Cv
In the past, no one retyped their CV every time they applied for a job. Now, with the introduction
- The Best Cv Format?
Which is best CV Format or Layout? In short, the format preferred by the vast majority of employers
- Why Choose a Professional Cv Writer? - Cv Writing Tips
Why choose a Professional CV writer?The importance of the CV is now well known. What you now should
- Cv Writing Tips With Templates
How to Make a Good CV (and get it read).If you have ever been involved in writing a CV properly you
- How to Get Corporate Flight Jobs
The commercial airlines are not the only employers you can look to when you want to find out what c
- Working in Executive Jet Jobs
When you have a position in one of the executive jet jobs available with commercial airlines and co
- Jobs in Gurgaon/ Ncr are Available Without Any Hassles
One of the cities in NCR, Delhi is the fastest mounting economic and industrial hub in India. Aside
- Why You Need to Build a Pipeline of People
In this new world of Free Agents, successful organisations need a strong and small core group of
- Why Large Recruitment Firms are so Desperate to Sell Giant Advertisements to Their Clients
Do large newspaper ads work and are they value for money? In the days before My Career, Seek and Mo
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Creating a Powerful, Skills Based Resume - One Liners that Work
I have heard people say so often that a skills based resume doesn't work. From this, I can only ass
- 10 Things to Include in Your Personal Statement - Undergraduate, Graduate & Beyond
Whether you are applying to enter undergraduate school, graduate school, or applying for a job, you
- An Introduction To Free Sample Resumes
Increasing competition in the job market has provided a job seeker the status of a commodity that ne
- Writing an Excellent Cover Letter: A Sure Way of Getting the Job You Want
Aside from your resume, writing a cover letter is a must as you apply for a job. When you express yo
- Wrap Up That Job With A Great Cover Letter
What gives us our first impression of a person? Usually, it is the manner in which they come across.
- Three Guides to Improve Your Resume
Sometimes your resume can hurt more than help you. In today's job-search market, you are often comp
- Grabbing that Job: Writing a Cover Letter for Your Resume
Looking for a job is easier nowadays, what with the advent of the World Wide Web, fast searching for
- Add Value To Your Resume with Accomplishments and Achievements
As a Career Advisor for private college, I've seen thousands of resumes. Typically it is the same fo
- Jobs Portal
Applying for a new job, or a new career, can be a major task if you are not prepared with knowledge
- The Dangers in Adopting Cover Letter Examples
Cover letter examples are all over the internet. There are even books especially designed and publis