Finance & Investment Insurance Current Affairs Vegetarians qualify for cheaper life insurance
"The life insurance industry needs to acknowledge the impact of life expectancy as a result of opting for a vegetarian lifestyle and reduce premiums accordingly." She added. The figures on the possibility of being affected by certain cancers and heart disease are borne out by numerous studies including the China Health Project, the Dickerson and Davies study of 1986 and the Taber & Cook report of 1980. The sum of all this research came up with the now widely accepted facts that vegetarians eat less saturated fats and more polyunsaturated fats due to shunning red and white meat. They also tend to have a higher intake of fibre than meat-eaters, and have an increased intake of antioxidant nutrients such as the beta-carotene form of vitamins A, C and E.
All of that leads to a reduced occurrence of heart disease and less incidence of bowel and prostrate cancers than amongst meat-eaters, thus leading to this UK life insurance first of discounted premiums for vegetarians.
The innovative scheme which is underwritten by life assurance and insurance giant Liverpool Victoria is offering a typical saving of £307 per year to a non-smoking male paying back a £100,000 20-year mortgage. And to qualify for the discount you don't have to shun all meat, as those who eat fish but no white or red meat still qualify for the policy.
There are estimated to be 2.2 million people in the UK who have not eaten red or white meat during the last twelve months and AFI research has shown that there are a further 1.26 million planning on quitting meat-eating before summer 2008. It will certainly pay for those people to compare life insurance policies carefully against the AFI scheme to see if they can get rewarded for their choice of lifestyle.
Related Tags: life insurance, life assurance, compare life insurance, uk life insurance
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Current Affairs Articles - How to Get on Google's Major 10 Record
A issue I generally asked by new customers is why some internet sites rank larger on Yahoo than othe
- Christianity Articles - Prophets are not God's PR men - Evangelism is not cheerleading
Andy Warhol may have been slightly off when he said everyone is allowed their fifteen minutes of fam
- Internet Articles - Web of Intent
It has been a while since I have written a general interest piece and my reasons for not doing so
- Christianity Articles - Ways to Proceed with Hope
Onward and upward in the new decade From Paul's letter to the Philippians Chapter 3 verses 12
- Advice Articles - Activate your gifts in the new decade
In Two Timothy Chapter 1 verse 5 through 7 read as follows from the NIV version of the Bible: 5
- Current Affairs Articles - Shopping For A Great MP3 Or MP4 Player
Electronics wholesalers carry are so numerous, and sometimes the techie mumbo jumbo used to describe
- Entertainment Articles - Bachelorette Party New York
If you are planning a bachelorette party New York style in the months of December thru the month of
- Real Estate Articles - Where Are Real Estate Values Going Now?
At the moment (late 2009), it seems that real estate values may have stopped falling finally. Are th
- Food & Beverages Articles - India has emerged as one of the fastest growing markets for wine on the global map
Indian Wine Industry Forecast to 2012 report ( http://www.bharatbook.com/Market-Research-Reports/Ind
- Christianity Articles - The Three Rs of Prophetic Warning - Old Time Stuff that still Works Today
Due to the emphasis on the R sound (phoneme) in reading, writing and arithmetic early American pione
Most viewed articles in this category:
- The Men and Women of Lost
Maybe you've never seen the excellent television series Lost, or maybe you've only recently become h
- Why Universal Health Care Could be a Conservative Republican's Dream
Republicans, conservative Republicans in particular, have been notoriously resistant to the idea of
- Christian Spiritual Current Affairs Hitchens is not Great: The Poison of Pride
In the sixties one of the more hackneyed slogans of the time was from Friedrich Nietzsche's Joyo
- Finance & Investment Investment Current Affairs Investment Politics 2008: What's (left) In Your Wallet?
The parade of promises is marching down Main Street. For too many months to come, politicians
- Health Consumer Current Affairs How Drug Research Is Distorted
Do you think that the drug research done by pharmaceutical companies is honest? Think ag
- Christian Spiritual Current Affairs U.S. and EU Strengthen Ties - Prophecy Train Tops the Grade
With nearly every major facet of second coming prophecy falling into place in the last forty yea
- Christian Blogs Current Affairs Christophobes - The New American Bullies
Phobias are fears. The list of phobias in American culture is growing by leaps and bounds. Chris
- Christian Entertainment Current Affairs Spiderman and other Hollywood Heroes Save America from Repression
The "Marxism" America withstood at its front door for sixty years has donned a new costume and n
- Education Family & Parenting Current Affairs Choices In Education
Choices in Education Today it seems more and more like mainstream education is invol
- Free Article Taking Care Of Dubai's Heritage
Late president of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, once famously said, "a country tha