Conceiving a Baby: Things Future Dads Should Avoid
Men don't usually scour pre-pregnancy books, stocking up on all the right vitamins and minerals, and planning against the hidden dangers that could harm their baby-to-be. But - though in a couple trying to get pregnant the attention tends to be focused on the woman - there is a lot you can do to ensure a healthy pregnancy for your wife and become a proud dad.
Future dads, who are trying to conceive, would do well to avoid the following things:
- Hot water baths: Heat around the testicles may affect a man's ability to conceive. One reason why men have testicles that hang outside the body is that it makes them cooler and improves their capacity to produce healthy sperm. Soaking in a hot bath or spa will therefore adversely affect your sperm production. Besides, it will also harm immature sperm before it develops. Thus, bathing in hot water today may end up reducing the fertility of your sperm up to three months down the line.
- Warm underwear: Warm or tight underwear can also affect your sperm production by raising the temperature in the groin area.
- Too much cycling: If you are an enthusiastic cyclist who cycles daily, you may run the risk of reducing your sperm count. This is because of the overheating of the testicles caused by the fact they remain squeezed between the legs and the seat of the cycle.
- Sex, in case of yeast infection: If you suffer from a yeast infection, avoid having sex with your spouse. You run the risk of infecting your spouse, who can pass the infection back to you and so on. A yeast infection will generally make intercourse less pleasant, and therefore reduce the number of times you have sex; this could indirectly affect your chances of conception. Some also believe that the creams or suppositories used to treat yeast infections may interfere with successful conception.
If you are about to start a family with your spouse, you will often hear about "family planning". But what really does it mean? Family planning is often understood as prevention of pregnancy.
Related Tags: family planning, pregnancy calculator, expectant dads, conceiving baby
Paul Banas is a founder of GreatDad.com. He writes articles on pregnancy care, pregnancy calculator, baby names, parenting tips and many more topics related to dads.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Tips For Healthy Pregnancy
For a healthy new baby, healthy pregnancy is a must. Every woman has a desire for a healthy pregnanc
- How To Make Your Pregnancy Healthy And Comfortable
Healthy pregnancy is the first and for most thing which the every mother desire for. This could only
- Morning Sickness Symptoms - 3 Signs That Morning Sickness Has Begun
Morning sickness is a normal part of pregnancy for most women. 7 of every 10 women will go through m
- Morning Sickness Remedy - 3 Methods That Will Have You Feeling Better Instantly
For most women, morning sickness will be the most unpleasant time during pregnancy. Over seventy per
- Morning Sickness Cures - Survive Morning Sickness With 5 Proven Remedies
In the first phase of pregnancy, your body goes through rapid hormonal changes that will prepare you
- Ginger For Morning Sickness - 3 Ways To Utilize Ginger For Fast Morning Sickness Relief
Ginger is a potent herb, native to Asia that has various healing powers, one of which is eliminating
- End Morning Sickness - Get Rid Of Morning Sickness With 3 Easy Remedies
Morning sickness impacts four out of every five women. The symptoms and severity of morning sickness
- The Best Vitamins And Minerals In Increasing Fertility
There are many natural treatments that can help improve the fertility of a couple. These natural tre
- Safe Exercises During Pregnancy-how To Safely Exercise During Pregnancy
Pregnancy is such a wonderful time in a woman's life. Having a little life growing inside you is suc
- Getting Tubes Untied: Pregnant After Tubal Ligation
Most people have heard to term getting your "tubed tied". This refers to the procedure called tubal
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Do You Have Any Doubts About Pregnancy Tests?
Read this and all doubts about pregnancy and pregnancy tests will be cleared.The fertilized egg plan
- Pregnancy Advice
The 10 Things You Should Do when you are pregnant, these are not the hardcore scientific stuff, just
- Choosing the Sex of your Baby - the Moral Question
Some people oppose gender selection calling it an attempt at playing God. They believe that nature m
- Deciphering The Fertility Calendar
If you are one of the many couples around the world that are trying to conceive, I'm sure you've see
- Getting Rid Of Stretchmarks
Getting rid of stretchmarks can be a difficult thing to do. They're ugly and make days at the beach
- Fun and Unique Baby Shower Decorating Ideas
Baby showers are a great way of announcing to the world that you are going to be a new mother. Since
- How To Plan a Baby Shower on a Budget
So you're throwing a baby shower, and have no idea what you need or where to go to plan your baby s
- How To Start Labor: What Works?
Overdue pregnancy can be physically and mentally challenging. If you have difficulties in sleeping,
- 37 Weeks Pregnant - It's Nearly Time To Give Birth
37 weeks pregnant and you're almost to your due date. In most cases you've reached the point that if
- Holiday Season and Baby Showers - Should You Have Them?
People often wonder whether they should hold a baby shower during the hustle and bustle of the holid