Using Tarot As A Means For Divination

by Caz - Date: 2010-07-12 - Word Count: 850 Share This!

It is said we all have psychic abilities but we just don't use them. Scientist say we only use 20% of our brain and they are unsure of what the other 80% is used for. In this day and age is amazing that with all our technology that we don't know what most of your brain does. Now when you talk to a scientist about psychic abilities most class it as just mumbo jumbo. This is because unless they have physical proof they don't like to make a judgment on it. I am sure in time as more tests are carried out we will have more proof of what that part of the brain does and some proof behind psychic ability.

It is quite possible we have other senses like psychic abilities which when used correctly can help and guide us. I for one believe in this ability due to my own experiences. Plus I am open to believe. I don't think we know the half of how the human brain and psyche works. When we were all cavemen and women and didn't actually speak a language we all used our intuition to guide us from danger and to find food etc. As we have evolved we have relied less and less on our intuition.

If you're looking for ways to look into the future the psyche is where to start. There are many different ways to use psychic ability and here I am going to talk just about one, the Tarot as I have personally have experience with.

Generally the typical tarot card deck has 78 cards which are broken up into 2 sections, one are the major arcana and the other the minor arcana. The actual meaning of the word arcana means 'requiring secret knowledge to be understood; mysterious; esoteric'. The major arcana which are sometimes called the trump cards consist of 21 symbolic pictured cards numbered from 1 to 22. Pictures/symbols range from the images of wheel a star, moon, a magician, lovers etc. You may have seen the death card which normally consists of a picture of a skeleton. This image is quite frightening to most that are not educated in the Tarot think it means death, but it is nothing to be frightened off as it actually means 'death of an old way of life, beginning of new' so it could mean the birth of a child, or someone giving up smoking! The minor arcana cards which is the other section consists of 56 cards which can be divided into 4 suits being wands, swards, hearts and batons with 14 cards in each. This could be likened to a regular set of playing cards.

With my experience and I have had my tarot read and read tarot myself for many years and always seem to be surprisingly very accurate. I used the interpretations from the book I have although some more experienced readers will know the meanings of each by memory. For years I have kept a diary of the readings I have had and as the weeks pass I tick each section as they all come true.

Tarot cards are very easy to use, all you do is tell your sitter to calm his/her mind and shuffle the cards. Once they are happy they are all shuffled the cards are then passed back to the reader. Now when I read the cards before I take the cards back I ask the sitter to cut the cards with their left hand and pass me one half. With these cards I then (for a basic 5 card reading) just lay the cards out in a row of 5. This is ok for a small quick reading but you can lay 9 cards or lay them in different positions like a cross. You then read the cards from left to right.

You can also get yes or no answers but shuffling the cards and spreading them out as a fan and asking the enquirer to the think about the question in mind and choose 3. You then read each card and if 2 or more are positive I would give a yes answer, if 2 or more cards are not positive then the answer is a no.

The beauty of tarot is that you can read cards for yourself and if you're planning on learning to read tarot this is the best way to go about it. If you have read this and think this is a load of rubbish, I would say don't knock it until you have tried it. I used to be very sceptical but after years of looking into tarot and the whole psychic subject I find it very hard to dismiss, I just have too much proof in my mind that it doesn't work. I often ask sceptic people "how do you know wind exists?" You can't actually see it, but you can feel it, and you can see what affect it has on matter around it. This could be said of psychic ability. Again don't knock anything new until you have tired and experienced it for yourself.

Related Tags: psychic readings, phone psychics

Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles

© The article above is copyrighted by it's author. You're allowed to distribute this work according to the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs license.

Recent articles in this category:

Most viewed articles in this category: