The Secret To Collecting Debts
1) Make your claims official by putting them in writing
Customers tend to respond to written requests better then phone calls. It is easier for them to avoid calls than letters. Etters are stated in a clear a concise way and are to the point. A phone call with a disgruntled and ashamed client may not be so clear and concise.
2) Be precise about your expectations
Telling a client you want to be paid is like telling a fish he needs water. Be clear. Set dates for repayment and ask your client to adhere to the payment schedule. Negotiate from this concrete schedule if need be.
3) Remember the Golden Rule
Be polite and courteous. You are more likely to achieve your goals with a customer whom you haven't insulted or belittled. We all like to be treated fairly and will usually respond. Be warned that there are laws that prohibit you form threatening or harassing a client.
4) Work together with the debtor rather than against him
There is no doubt that the debt is as unpleasant to your client as it is to you. Be cooperative and establish a relationship with your client. Work together with the client to establish the best way for him to make repayment. This will increase your chances of getting your money.
5) Pick your battles
Is collection of this debt worth the time, money and energy you are putting into it? Sometimes the time and money it takes to collect a debt could be better put into marketing, development of policies, or other activities to develop your business. Calculate what it will cost to recoup the debt and then make an informed decision on what to do next.
6) Hire a professional
Collection agencies exist for a reason. They can save you time, money and the unpleasantness of doing the collection yourself. Why waste your time when you can let a professional do the work for you? Their tried and tested techniques will net you the results you are looking for.
Related Tags: collection agency, collection agencies, debt collection
The Franchise Guide writes about Franchises, Franchising and Franchise Opportunities. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The Secrets to Getting Low Down Payment Car Insurance
Upon purchase of a new car, there is almost always a requirement to buy an auto insurance policy as
- The Wisdom Behind Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
No one in his right mind would not go for a good deal. In fact, everyone is out on their feet and ru
- The Benefits of Auto Insurance Comparisons Florida
Insurance can be expensive. This is something everyone knows about especially in the sunny state of
- Auto Insurance Florida: The No-Fault Policy
There are different kinds of car insurance offered by a wide range of providers today. Different sta
- Finding the Cheapest Auto Insurance Companies
Everyone is asking and searching for the cheapest auto insurance companies available today. Consider
- How do You Compare Private Health Insurance Cover in Australia?
Deciding what is the best and most affordable private health insurance cover can be easy if you take
- How Payment Protection Insurance Was Mis-Sold
For over six years the issue of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) and how it was mis-sold to custom
- Finding Quotes For Auto Insurance Online
One of the many concerns when you are shopping for auto insurance is being able to get access to quo
- How You Can Find the Best Auto Insurance Online
When it comes to renewing your car insurance you are going to quickly discover that there are a numb
- Guidelines For Searching For Auto Insurance Online
The internet can be a great source of discounts and values related to auto insurance. However, many
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Trading Forex With Pivot Points
Forex Pivot Point Trading are used today by Forex Traders and are calculated on the previous days mo
- Where To Search For Free Grants
Where do you look for free grants? The search must be thorough or it could be an exercise in futilit
- The Connection Between High Blood Pressure and Salt
We are a society of Salt Addicts. It cannot be denied. When you look at the things we do and the pla
- Tips For Avoiding HYIP Scams
Before knowing about HYIP Scams, refer to the functioning of HYIP or "High Yield Investment Programs
- Getting Credit After Bankruptcy
Consumers do not have to live sans credit following a bankruptcy. By following certain steps consume
- Tips For Choosing A Credit Card
Are you looking for that perfect credit card? If so, you may be confused about what exactly to look
- Cheap Car Insurance For Teens Online
Many elements determine a car insurance policy. Car insurance companies look at the person's age, hi
- What Exactly Is Free Grant Money?
You can apply for free grant money from various government agencies. But where exactly does this mon
- Small Business Owners Marketing and Customer Service
Marketing can be time-consuming, but it doesn't have to be hugely expensive now, thanks to the Inter
- Apply Online For A Credit Card - How To Choose A Card?
The best type of credit card for you will be dependant on how you intend to use the credit card. Are