The Benefits and Advantages of Ebooks
An ebook is a book in electronic format. It is downloaded to a computer, PC, Mac, laptop, PDA or any other kind of computer, and is read on the screen. It can have numbered pages, table of contents, pictures and graphics, exactly like a printed book.
Ebooks offer many benefits and advantages, both for the reader, the author and the publisher, and this article shows some of them.
It is very simple and easy to purchase and download ebooks through the Internet. It is exactly like purchasing any other product. The only difference is that after payment you will either be directed to a download page or receive the download link in an email. All you have to do is click on the link and the ebook will automatically download to your computer, to a folder of your own choice.
After download you don't have to be connected to the Internet in order to read the ebook. You can stay offline. If you wish to have it printed, it is very easy. Just click on the print button in the ebook, to print it with your home printer.
So what are the benefits and advantages of ebooks?
1. Ebooks are delivered almost instantaneously. You can purchase, download and start reading them within minutes, without leaving your chair. You don't have to go to a bookstore to buy them, neither wait for them for days, weeks and sometimes more to arrive in the mail.
2. There is no need to cut trees to manufacture paper for the pages of ebooks.
3. If you need certain information, you can get it immediately, by downloading an ebook.
4. Many ebooks are sold nowadays with bonuses, which you usually do not get with a printed book. This adds value to your purchase.
5. Ebooks take up less space. You practically don't need any space to store them. You don't need a library or a room for them. You can store hundreds and thousands of ebook in your computer or ebook reader device.
6. Ebooks are portable. You can carry a whole library of hundreds of books with you, on CD, in a laptop, notebook or any ebook reader, without worrying about their weight.
7. With today technology you can read ebooks anywhere, on the bus, train, airplane and while standing in line.
8. Ebooks are more safely stored and carried from one place to another, than ordinary books. They also withstand time more than paper books.
9. Ebooks can show links, for easy access to more information and related websites.
10. Ebooks are searchable. You can easily search a term, phrase or subject in an ebook, instead of turning page after page.
11. Ebooks can be interactive and contain audio, video and animations, which can enhance the message that the author is trying to convey.
12. As ebooks are delivered through the Internet, there are no packing and shipping expenses.
13. Ebooks can be printable, so that if you wish to read an ebook in the traditional way, you can very inexpensively print it with your home printer or at any printing shop.
14. Fonts in ebooks can be resized, making it easier to read for people with disabilities.
15.With an additional software it is possible to turn some of the ebooks into audio books.
16. Ebooks are very easy to to sell and distribute.
17. It is very simple and easy to purchase and download an ebook. People living in big modernized cities, in a remote village in a far away country or on a small island, can equally access an ebook. It takes them the same amount of time to purchase and download an ebook, provided they have an Internet connection.
18. It is possible to purchase an ebook 24 hours a day, every day of the year, from the comfort of your own house or office. You can purchase and download an ebook, even if you are on a vacation, if you have a laptop and wireless Internet connection.
19. People are already spending a lot of time in front of their computers, so why not read and ebook, instead of doing something else?
Nowadays one can find ebooks about every possible subject, fiction and nonfiction, free and not free.
Considering non-fiction ebooks, such ebooks disseminate knowledge not pages, which means that it is not correct to evaluate the price of an ebook according to the number of its pages. The price should be determined by the information it contains, its usefulness and relevancy, and on how much it gives you in terms of practical knowledge, inspiration, motivation, tips and advice, and also by the uniqueness of the information it contains.
Related Tags: ebooks, benefits
Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Reaching Out to Your Clients With Color
For you to be able to successfully reach out to as many target clients as possible, discrimination i
- Software for Grammar and Punctuation © - Any Writer's Dream!
'Grammar' is one of the most problematic issues in writing and Software For Grammar And Punctuati
- Software for Grammar Correction © - Correct Your Writing Now!
Many English natives and non English natives already understand how effectively an advanced Softw
- Software for Grammar Errors © - Write Better in a Click!
An innovative Software For Grammar Errors is designed to enhance the basic editing and proofreadi
- Software for Grammar Mistakes © - You Better Get One Today!
It seems like in recent years Software For Grammar Mistakes and other innovative word processing
- Software for Grammar Punctuation © - it Works Like Magic!
Can an advanced Software For Grammar Punctuation change the way we write English? Writing proper
- "corrector for My Grammar" © - Easily Write Perfect Text!
An innovative and advanced "Corrector For My Grammar" can easily improve our writing assignments
- Software for Proof Reading © - Try it Now!
It seems like in recent years Software For Proof Reading and other innovative word processing too
- Software for Proofreader © - Get it Right Now!
It seems like in recent years Software For Proofreader and other innovative word processing tools
- Software for Proofreaders and Editors © - Easily Write Better!
Software For Proofreaders And Editors enables us not only write better English, but improve our c
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Article Publishing - Submitting your Articles to Publishing Sites
The most important thing you can do with you articles is to submit your articles to publishers. This
- How to Promote your Self-published Ebook
One of the questions I get from writers who have never written an eBook for the sole purpose of self
- Make the News by Producing your Own Trade or Company Magazine
One of the best ways of promoting a new or even long standing company is with an in-house magazine.
- Mandiana Customs Scam, Night in the Savannah, Barrages De Selingui, Mali
Tags: Mandiana, Guinea Customs, Niani, Selingui, Mali, NigerOnce dawn breaks I am up again, trying t
- Canvas Printing is a Wonderful Medium for Promotion
New advanced techniques are evolving and traditional technologies are being upgraded. And so busines
- Digital Signage Strengths Resemble Those of Growing Digital Billboard Networks
Out-of-home advertising -the nice-sounding term for all types of advertising consumed away from home
- Print on Demand
There's no one answer, and some POD operations may have more than one kind of printer or press. In t
- Printing Services Today and Tomorrow
Technology have improved our lot a great deal. From common household chores to factory operations, t
- La Printing: Guide Questions on Choosing a Printer
Los Angeles is known as a tourist destination - a hotspot popular for its sights and sounds. It is w
- Get your Printing Quotes: Out With the Old, in With the New
The Same Old MethodsGetting a printing quote in the old days from different printing companies can b