12 Ways to Build Your Opt-in List
Here are 7 steps that will help accomplish this.
1. Use original material. If they see that you are displaying the same content as similar sites. they aren't going to stay around for very long.
2. Start out with an attention-getting headline and and introduction that captures their attention. Let them know what is going to be found on your website. It doesn't take long for today's surfers to decide if this page is going to be worth further attention.
3. Make sure your visitors know just what they will find on your website. They are looking for information on a certain subject and they need to know that you have their possible answers. Therefore be sure to use the keywords that best fit your web page because when your visitor clicks on a keyword with his browser he wants to find the corresponding content.
4. Be sure you have numerous cross links to various pages on your site so the visitor can browse through it. If he finds it helpful and pertinent he will be more inclined to bookmark your site and come back again. Be sure your links are well designed to catch the reader's eye.
5. Design your site so your pages can load quickly. Don't load it up with too many pictures and long blocks of text. Leave enough "white space" so one's eyes can be drawn down the page. Articles should be broken up into short paragraphs and adjust your text so it is easy to read—not too small nor too light. Difficult in reading the content will discourage a visitor from continuing.
6. Proofread your pages so you don't make grammatical and spelling mistakes. You need to appear a professional. If you are not sure of the effect the page is presenting let someone else take a look. Forums are a good area to ask members to view your site or particular page. (You will probably receive all kinds of opinions!) But you should definitely get some valuable help.
7. Offer your visitors freebies—ebooks, software, articles etc. that they can download from your site. Ask them if they would fill out a survey which could help you find out for what type of information they are looking, or ask if they would like to sign up for your newsletter. If a visitor does nothing else than to become one of your subscribers and be put on your opt-in email list you have won the first battle.
Now that you have a means to add to your opt-in list by way of your website, you also need to build your list in other ways, especially if you don't yet have too many hits on your site. That takes time but by building your list you will increase them.
Here are 5 more possibilities outside your website.
1. Advertise a free ebook. You can have it downloaded from your site as mentioned before or you could have the visitor send you an email and you could attach the ebook to an answering one. This ebook doesn't have to be more than 7-10 pages.
Advertise your newsletter and send responders to your list via your autoresponder which will take care of the opting in and startup of your emails. Be sure any email, whether yours or your autoresponder's has an opt-out feature.
Use email signatures, which you can add to the bottom of your emails. In 3-6 lines you put your name, short description and appropriate link to your site or offer.
4. Send an email to an individual email address and either ask the recipient if they would like to sign-up for your mailing list or offer the option to decline from any future mailings. Be careful here because anyone receiving your email could consider it to be spam. To me this is the least desirable method.
5. If you have a newsletter in which you have just about exhausted your material and want to start another newsletter on a different area you could send a broadcast and invite anyone nearing the end of your letters to change to the new newsletter. You may be able to keep some of those who are ready to make a change. You won't gain any new subscribers really but you may be able to keep some of those you might otherwise lose. Let them know that you are proficient in different areas.
As you can see building your opt-in list need not be difficult. Use your imagination and I am sure that you can find many other means to get results.
Related Tags: advertise, email, list, survey, ebook, building.opt-in, original, signature, free offer
Nancy Stetson. She uses the programs on her website to show the beginner on the internet how one can begin with no experience and little money. Visit her here. here. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Is SEO Optimisation Important Today?
Those who have tried setting up their own websites know just how competitive the online market reall
- How to Shop Fearlessly, Look For Bargains, And Save Time and Money on the Web?
With the advent of online shopping, going to outlets and discount shopping centers may become an act
- Roll Up Stand Changing Vendor Booths
Most people have been to trade shows, home shows, state and county fairs and other places where ther
- Achieving Your Advertising Goals With a Roll Up Stand
Advertising is a common function of a business. However, it requires creativity and hard work to ens
- Trade Show Displays and Expos
Trade Shows and community business Expos provide a captive audience for your business, to get the wo
- How to Make Sure Your Newsletters Are Sent Out on Time
There are three key elements to making sure your newsletter is delivered on time: People, planning,
- Portable Displays - Trade Show Displays
Portable Displays are the best option for exhibitors when it comes to Trade Shows. Portable Displays
- Banner Displays - a Great Portable Display
Banner Displays are considered one of the most portable displays when used for trade shows. They com
- Small Business Reputation Management - Your Small Business Information Could be Wrong
Bad information could be out there circulating on the Internet this very minute about your business
- Eight Guidelines For Writing Newsletters That Engage Your Readers and Build Your Business
Want to write newsletters that engage your readers and help to build community? Whether you are a sm
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Adsense Is Making Me Rich
I want to talk to you about the power of Google AdSense and how you can use it to generate not hundr
- How to Increase Your Business Using the Esoteric Science of Radionics
As a small business owner, there are an amazing number of difficult skills I need to master so my bu
- 14 Top Lead Generation Tips
According to former Harvard Business School professor David Maister, typical marketing practices are
- More Marketing Dope
Direct marketing can make you very successful, but you’ve got to understand the basics. Here a
- The State Of Paid-To-Surf Programs Today
What a difference a year can make. 12 months ago, auto surf programs were at their peak. More an
- Should You Open Up An Ebay Store?
Ebay has provided some amazing opportunities for many people to earn online. This widely popular au
- Is Adsense A Good Idea?
For many webmasters, Google AdSense has become a great revenue generator. Since the program pays th
- The "Coat Of Arms" Revisited
Recently I listened to a interview with Mark Joyner and Gary Halbert about Gary's famous "Coat of Ar
- Brand Loyalty
It's a challenge getting consumers to remain loyal to a particular brand. Unlike the good old days w
- The Hottest Affiliate Ebooks Out in the Market Today!
Affiliate Project X is a great affiliate marketing ebook. Totaling only 50 pages you could have your