Selecting the Right Trade Show for Your Company
The veteran trade show exhibitor knows, however, that the best way to meet this challenge is to have a solid plan in place by first determining their company's market, sales goals and promotional objectives.
Once a company fully understands the reasons why it needs to exhibit in a trade show, then, and only then, can it begin to identify the proper trade show that will meet their marketing objectives.
According to Skip Cox, president of Exhibit Surveys Inc., a trade show industry research firm based in Red Bank, New Jersey, the trade show selection process should begin with serious background research. Here are a couple of his tips on how you can research the right trade show for your company:
1. Research the trends in your industry-new technologies, competitors' preferences, customers' bias, etc. Then search for trade shows that reflect these trends. Read trade publications in your field as they are a very good source of the latest news in your industry. Opportunities abound for companies that are able to capitalize on these developments. Contact the editorial staff of trade publications to learn more about the latest breakthroughs in your business arena. Go to the Internet and research companies that are making news by introducing exciting new products or services in your field.
Contact your trade associations to explore what companies they believe are leading the way. Then, seek out trade shows that are in tune with these trends for your trade show exhibit or your trade show display rental as trend-setting trade shows will be the ideal showcase for your trade show display.
2. Interview your co-workers and people in your field as to what trade shows match up with your client's needs.
By zeroing in on your client's profile, you can determine what trade shows mirror your needs. Get input from your top marketing and upper management staff to determine what your market is. In addition, get feedback from your product and marketing managers and also your field sales reps. The sales reps are able to get face- to- face with clients and have a real understanding of their needs.
In fact, according to an Exhibitor Magazine survey of trade show exhibit managers who sought help in selecting trade shows to attend, the most influential input on selecting trade shows came from the sales staff (35%). They were followed by: marketing staff (32%), show management statistics (24%), upper management (20%), following where the competition goes (20%), customer suggestions (18%), other (12%), and the product development staff (8%). The respondents checked off all of the resources that applied.
By doing your research on what is hot in your industry, matching up trade shows that mirror these trends, and answering your client needs, you will be able to select the right trade shows for your company. Then you will be well on the way to a successful trade show exhibit experience. This is true wherever you have your custom trade show exhibit, custom modular exhibit or trade show exhibit rental, whether the exhibit is at the Las Vegas Convention Center, the Moscone Center in San Francisco, the Santa Clara Convention Center or the San Jose McEnery Convention Center.
Related Tags: trade show, trade show booth, trade show display, trade show exhibit, trade show graphic
Dick Wheeler is President of Professional Exhibits & Graphics, headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with showroom in Sacramento. Firm is full-service premiere trade show exhibit, graphics and management services company. http://www.proexhibits.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Is SEO Optimisation Important Today?
Those who have tried setting up their own websites know just how competitive the online market reall
- How to Shop Fearlessly, Look For Bargains, And Save Time and Money on the Web?
With the advent of online shopping, going to outlets and discount shopping centers may become an act
- Roll Up Stand Changing Vendor Booths
Most people have been to trade shows, home shows, state and county fairs and other places where ther
- Achieving Your Advertising Goals With a Roll Up Stand
Advertising is a common function of a business. However, it requires creativity and hard work to ens
- Trade Show Displays and Expos
Trade Shows and community business Expos provide a captive audience for your business, to get the wo
- How to Make Sure Your Newsletters Are Sent Out on Time
There are three key elements to making sure your newsletter is delivered on time: People, planning,
- Portable Displays - Trade Show Displays
Portable Displays are the best option for exhibitors when it comes to Trade Shows. Portable Displays
- Banner Displays - a Great Portable Display
Banner Displays are considered one of the most portable displays when used for trade shows. They com
- Small Business Reputation Management - Your Small Business Information Could be Wrong
Bad information could be out there circulating on the Internet this very minute about your business
- Eight Guidelines For Writing Newsletters That Engage Your Readers and Build Your Business
Want to write newsletters that engage your readers and help to build community? Whether you are a sm
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Adsense Is Making Me Rich
I want to talk to you about the power of Google AdSense and how you can use it to generate not hundr
- How to Increase Your Business Using the Esoteric Science of Radionics
As a small business owner, there are an amazing number of difficult skills I need to master so my bu
- 14 Top Lead Generation Tips
According to former Harvard Business School professor David Maister, typical marketing practices are
- More Marketing Dope
Direct marketing can make you very successful, but you’ve got to understand the basics. Here a
- The State Of Paid-To-Surf Programs Today
What a difference a year can make. 12 months ago, auto surf programs were at their peak. More an
- Should You Open Up An Ebay Store?
Ebay has provided some amazing opportunities for many people to earn online. This widely popular au
- Is Adsense A Good Idea?
For many webmasters, Google AdSense has become a great revenue generator. Since the program pays th
- The "Coat Of Arms" Revisited
Recently I listened to a interview with Mark Joyner and Gary Halbert about Gary's famous "Coat of Ar
- Brand Loyalty
It's a challenge getting consumers to remain loyal to a particular brand. Unlike the good old days w
- The Hottest Affiliate Ebooks Out in the Market Today!
Affiliate Project X is a great affiliate marketing ebook. Totaling only 50 pages you could have your