5 Things To Consider To Ensure The Right Bathroom Rug
There's more to choosing a bathroom rug than just going with a pretty color, paying and walking out the door. Or, at least there should be.
Rugs chosen for this room in particular need to be able to handle some very special circumstances. Few places in a home will test a rug's ability to stand up to a beating more. The only thing that comes close to comparing is an entryway rug.
Before grabbing the first bathroom rug that catches the eye, it's a good idea to consider these things:
* Colors and design theme of the bathroom. While not everyone really takes these into account, design conscious bathroom owners do. Make sure the rug adds to or accentuates the design chosen for the bathroom. These might look like little accent features that don't account for much when you're standing in the store, but once home, bad choices will really stand out. For example, those fantastic looking striped rugs might look good in the store, but will they really add to a bathroom that has a floral design?
* Slip-proof or resistant design. This won't matter as much in a bathroom that has carpeted floors, but on tile and vinyl it will. If the rugs being considered don't have some sort of backing them helps them grip, or it can't be added after the fact, these little devices can actually become dangerous. To prevent slippage, most bathroom rugs come with some sort of rubberized backing.
* Quality. That $7 rug might look like a great buy compared to the bathroom rug next to it that costs $30, but if the quality is a whole lot higher on the more expensive rug, the cheaper one might not be worth its price. Examine quality carefully. Things to check for include the backing, the thickness of the threads and how plush the rugs happen to be. Plush might not seem important in the store, but it will to wet feet at home.
* Washing quality. Bathroom rugs quickly become exposed to some pretty gross things. Whether it's a child's bathroom or an adult's, it's a very good idea to choose rugs that can be washed and are of the right size to toss in the machine. Spills, accidents, missed toothpaste applications and more all end up on these rugs. They should be able to ensure regular, if not frequent, washing.
* Bathroom rated. It's one thing to find a perfect rug for the hall and another entirely to locate the ideal throw for the bathroom. A good bathroom rug should be able to handle a lot of potential moisture content without falling apart. Make sure the rugs chosen can do this or it's possible they won't last long.
If the right design and quality are a concern in buying a bathroom rug, then it's likely the shopping trip will take a little longer than grabbing the first thing that catches the eye. When careful consideration goes into one of these buys, the resulting purchase should not only look good, but perform very well, too.
Related Tags: bathroom, rug, bathroom rug
For more information on bathrooms, try visiting http://www.bathroomdetails.com - a website that specializes in providing bathroom related tips, advice and resources including information on bathroom rug. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Lawn Mowers Electric Vs Petrol - Which Is Better?
When searching for the perfect lawn mower, many homeowners find themselves wondering which kind is b
- Popular Types Of Mattresses
It is needless to describe the utility of mattresses for having a sound night's sleep; bed mattresse
- Furniture Sofa Legs - Making The Old Sofa New Again
Home decorators get excited when confronted with an old sofa with a lot of potential. For those who
- Finding The Right Granite For Your Home
The massive amount of options that are available can make choosing the right granite countertop for
- The Truth About Black Mold Toxicity
The term "toxic mold" is not accurate. While certain molds are toxigenic, meaning they can produce t
- Bunk Beds For Older Individuals - Are They Genuinely Worthwhile Acquiring?
Typically people think it a little random when adults get to sleep in loft beds. Nonetheless, in the
- Kitchen Countertop Ideas: Ceramic And Granite
Ceramic tiles for kitchen countertops have become a must have in home buyers' kitchens.Whether you p
- Why Front Door Security Is Important
It is an important aspect to realize the fact that even by having a fully fledged home security syst
- Use Fire Seals On Fire Doors And Save Lives
Basically, a fire door is designed to save lives. This is the reason why there is such a big require
- The Importance Of Front Door Security
The importance of your home's security hinges upon your door's quality and the lock system. For that
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Learn About The Basics of Basement Dehumidifier
Ever wonder how people keep their basement dry? Let me tell you a little secret. With proper air con
- Cable Lock Foundation Repair
Foundation repairs are the most expensive, and sometimes the hardest type of damage to detect. This
- What's Covering Your Windows?
At one time, curtain rods were used for only one purpose – hanging curtains. Today they are mu
- Wooden Railings and Their Many Uses
Wooden railings remain one of the most common types of railings throughout the country. They not onl
- Feng Shui To Greater Luck In This New Year
There are at least six ways to learn Feng Shui Luck. First you must learn and understand the very b
- Adding A Pleasant Marble Coffee Table To Your Home
Usually, the couch or entertainment center get most of the attention in one's house, but there is no
- Scroll Saw Basics
Scroll Saw Basics by Lee Bowman If you are wanting to try your hand at scroll work, a
- How To Clean Wood Furniture
A room full of beautiful wood furniture brings warmth and elegance to any room, however, it's inevit
- Welding And Metalwork: Strength And Function, Part 2
Metalwork is the art of making various objects out of metal. Most metalworkers are also called machi
- The Bahamas Hurricane Shutter
Every year, hurricanes are formed in the ocean and wreak havoc when reaching land. This usually occu