Reducing Risk Of Heart Failure
Some risks for developing atherosclerosis are beyond our control - like being male or gating older. But there are many risk factors we can control what steps can you take? Avoid or quit smoking. Mange weight and control blood pressure. Make physical activity part of your daily life to help keep weight normal and promote overall heart health. After age 20, have your total, LDL, and HDL cholesterol levels measured every five years.
Some years ago, many health experts advised people to emphasize polyunsaturated oils in their diets. You seldom will hear this advice today.
Replacing saturated fat with omega-6-rich polyunsaturated oils like corn oil may decrease total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol, but it also lowers healthful HDL cholesterol. Polyunsaturated fatty acids in vegetable oils also oxidize easily and provide too much omega-6 fatty acid in relation to omega-3.
Earlier diet advice also emphasized minimizing dietary cholesterol - few egg yolks, no liver or organ meats, and no seafood (the amount of cholesterol in seafood was later found to have been overestimated). Lowering cholesterol intake does help some people, but for most, lower blood levels aren't guaranteed, and lowering saturated fat intake is more effective.
Today, nutritionists recommend lowering total fat intake, lowering saturated fat, and keeping body weight normal. With in total fat limits, monounsaturated oils should be the fat source of choice. For people who respond to a reduced-cholesterol diet, lowering dietary cholesterol is good idea. Eating fruits, vegetables, legumes, and grains that contain fiber helps lower cholesterol levels, too. These foods also have antioxidant nutrients and vitamins B such as folic acid that may also reduce the risk of heart failure.
The latest recommendations:
1. Choose foods low in saturated fat.
2. Choose foods low in total fat.
3. Choose foods high in starch and fiber.
4. Choose foods low in cholesterol.
5. Be more physically active.
6. Maintain a healthy weight, and lose weight if you are overweight.
Related Tags: heart, research, specialist, disease, magazine, disorders, attack, failure, discussion, com, clinic
Read More Article Heart Failure Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Dental Insurance For Individual Can Be Of Help At Time
Dental problem may cost one a lot of money and pain. But, practicing a reasonable care could decreas
- Personal Trainer For Perfect Health
There is a general misconception that need for a fitness trainer comes for novice or from those who
- Varicose Veins - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
The majority of people after thirty notice the changes that appear with the maturing. In this case t
- Scenar Therapy - Self-treatment Or Healing Partnership
Do you want to learn about a device which will help you to ease your pain? If you get this kind of a
- Scenar - 5 "no, Nos" Of Scenar
Are you fed up with the pain in your body? Various parts of our body seem to ache due to different r
- Scenar Device - 5 Tips On Travelling With Your Scenar (skenar) Device
You might be aware of scenar which has become quite popular these days. This is actually the acronym
- Scenar Therapy - How To Treat Your Pet With Scenar
There are many alternative methods of treatment that are being invented these days. Lots of people a
- Your Options For The Treatment For Appendicitis
Appendicitis is considered to be a surgical illness. Due to its severe character, the treatment for
- How To Choose The Right Copd Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD does not have any cure. But with the help of medicines
- Septic Arthritis: Infectious Agents Penetrate Joints' Spaces
Another major type of arthritis is septic arthritis, which is also known in various terms like: pyog
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Drugs - the Last Alternative for Adhd in Kids
Anyone over the age of thirty who has grown up with ADHD understands that there was not much help av
- Foods To Eat To Gain Weight
Malnutrition has the same degree of problem as obesity. There are people who are too skinny, they fi
- Understanding Postpartum Clothing
The same way most pregnant women dream of the day when they will begin showing for wearing maternity
- Kegel Exercising for Bladder Control and Enhanced Sexual Pleasure
Kegel exercises strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor, thereby improving the urethra and/or rec
- The Use Of Weight Loss Herbs
Nothing has garnered more attention in today's world than the success or failures of weight loss pro
- A Simple Acid Relux Cure
Many people today are afflicted with heartburn. If they eat food that is too spicy, they get heartbu
- Five Effective Household Back Pain Treatments
Back pain treatment comes in lots of forms, from exercise to pain mediction. Standard and most wides
- Herbal Remedies - Can They Cure What Ails You?
You've probably heard about herbal remedies before and how they can treat a variety of health proble
- Natural Relief for Tinnitus - What are your Choices
Natural Relief For Tinnitus - Alternative Options Did you know that there are an estimated 50 t
- Birthing Around the World
Since ancestral times, different cultures showed off different customs and beliefs around the miracl