Business Questions You Should Ask A Realtor Before Signing Anything.
1. When you are hiring a Realtor for your real estate transactions, you are hiring them for their professional experience. Therefore an important question is; how much experience do they have in real estate. How much experience do they have working with real estate in the area you want to conduct your real estate transaction?
Even though Realtors follow a higher level of ethics, there are still new Realtors. There are also Realtors that are new to the area and may not have the necessary connections that it would take for you to get the service you need.
2. Are you able to check their references? Can you talk to one or two of their previous customers? Do they have any letters of recommendation that you can read? Most good Realtors will offer this information before you ask, but if not, it should not be a problem for them to provide these to you. You are hiring someone just like any other job.
3. What education does the Realtor have? What ongoing education have they completed? Do they have any other certifications do they have?
4. What time frame do they work? Selling or buying a home takes a great deal of time. If a Realtor is only working part time, that is only part time that they will be able to dedicate to you. Therefore, if they work 5pm to 6pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday, that is all the time they would have to work for you. This may not be the best hours for a home to be bought or sold. You will need a Realtor that can be there to help you. A good Realtor works seven days a week and would be on-call. When a home can be shown or sold they will be there.
5. Are they a member of their local Board of Realtors? It is a good idea to make sure that they have taken the time to work with the local Realtors and understand the area they are working in.
6. What tools will they have available to help you complete your real estate transaction. Do they go through the MLS listing service? What other forms of advertising options will they use? Do they have open houses? What contacts do they have?
7. Will it be the Realtor themselves that will be completing your transaction, or will it be the Realtors assistant. Can you request that the Realtor be the one that is working with you.
8. Where will the Realtor be getting their leads? Will they be going from their own lists, or will it be from many sources.
9. What can you do to make sure that your home is ready for the market. Are there repairs, etc to make sure that your home will sale for the price you are looking for? If you are looking to buy a home, is there a faster way that you can view homes that are available.
10. What are the Realtors fees? Are they negotiable? What amount of the commission is going to be put into advertising? Will you be paying any additional fees, other than the down payment and closing costs?
After you have asked the Realtors you are looking to hire, you will have a good idea of what you can expect. If you are ready to sign a contract at this point, try to make it a short contract. Also, see if there are options for non-exclusivity. If however you find the perfect Realtor for your needs, sign away. They are likely to make sure that your real estate needs are taken care of. Chuck Lunsford is the content manager for Tina Abraham, a Wilmington North Carolina real estate broker. Whether you're looking for luxury real estate, waterfront homes, historic Wilmington homes or a quaint little cottage Tina can knows the market and can get your the best home to fit your unique needs. To learn how Tina can help you find your dream Wilmington North Carolina home call us at (910) 790-7484.
Related Tags: ask, anything, before, signing, kids and science, getting kids to like science, wanting your questions
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The No. 1 Rule For Projecting Confidence - Speak With Authority
One of the most important characteristics a person can project in a business setting - or any situat
- After the Autumn Checkout European Debt Crisis and U.S. Brewing Rebound
In the commotion caused by the Fed on interest rates come to an end, the "disastrous" for the euro a
- Advantages Of Arcade Game Rentals
There are many different advantages to arcade game rentals. Most people need something to release th
- A General Primer on Truck Cargo Nets
In modern highways it is quite rare to see truck cargo nets in action, this is because they are usua
- The United States Will Burst More Severe Financial Crisis
Not long ago, suddenly announced that the central bank to raise interest rates, the interest rate hi
- Niche Marketing Profits - 3 Easy Steps to Finding a Profitable Niche Market Income in 10 Minutes
Like most beginners I was having a very difficult time trying to find a niche market to earn extra m
- The Importance of Hospitality Management Consulting Firms Toronto
Businesses and the managers that help guide any business are in a constant state of improvement and
- New Keynesian Theory Label
2010 winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics three theories have been labeled as "New Keynesian" labe
- Federal Reserve Pouring Money QE2 Unpredictable Fortune
U.S. economist Milton Friedman proposed a "throw the cash from a helicopter" view, while the practic
- Fiscal Consolidation Should no Longer Delay
British Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne today announced fiscal consolidation policy, shoc
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Common Financial Problems to Avoid
One must first change their habits and not procrastinate. American Consultants Inc at offers key fi
- How a Bad Hire Can Hurt Your Business
What's worse - hiring the wrong person or not hiring anyone at all? Companies can become almost des
- Joel Comm Is Dr. Adsense
What is Adsense? If you are new to making money online and net marketing, you may not know what Ads
- 5 Steps For A Dynamic Wealth System Online
Recipe: Opportunity + knowledge + Dynamic Wealth System + Your Action = Massive Success!!! Step 1
- How To Stop Foreclosure
Losing your house to a foreclosure can be very scary. There are times when circumstances are ou
- How to Always Pitch A Strike
As business owners, we are always working on new ways to convince people to become customers, client
- Membrane Diffuser Solutions for Wastewater Treatment Systems
In the aeration basin of a typical wastewater treatment plant there are both organic and inorganic m
- Another Year Hating Your Job or Loving Life?
Copyright © 2007 Mary Foley I've come to the conclusion that to be successful - really successf
- Dyestuff Industry In India And China
World demand for dyes and organic pigments to touch $10.6 billion in 2008According to a study on dye
- Cma-cgm Case : the Series of Lawsuits Continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England and the United States
Damietta company case : The series of lawsuits continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England a