List Building And The Successful Entrepreneur
Do you realize that every person who visits your web site or hears about your business is potentially your next customer? So how do you recognize these people and build a relationship with them so that when they are again in a buying mode their wallet is pointing in your direction? You add them to your opt in list of course.
An opt-in list is the best, most effective and smartest business tool that you can have in your pursuit of a profitable business. So what is an opt in list?
Put simply it is a database of people who have purchased from you in the past, visited your web site, your shop or responded to your advertising. This list allows you to send the members information, promotions, coupons and marketing gifts.
Opt in means that the members of the list have specifically asked to be included on your list. Proper use of the list ensures that you are able to keep in contact with people who have expressed an interest in your business, products or information that you can provide them with.
It also saves you time and marketing budget, because you have a ready made market to send your information and promotions to.
What does double opt in mean? It means that your potential subscriber has sent off an email asking to join, or filled in a subscribe box on your web site or advertising material. You then send off a "confirm your subscription" email where they click on a link to confirm that they wish to join. This not only makes you legal, but it stops people being subscribed by others. It also ensures that your members are serious members.
So how do you build you opt in list?
1) Join a reputable autoresponder company who will build your list and look after it for you.
2) Place a subscribe box on your web site, a subscribe link in your internet marketing material and email details on your paper advertising.
3) Provide a welcome gift for subscribers to catch their eye and encourage sign ups.
4) Load up your autoresponder with appropriate ezines that you can send out at regular intervals - say weekly or bi weekly. This becomes easier to do the more that you do it. Include relevant information, coupons, sales and business information- but don't hard sell. Don't flood them with information, emails or inappropriate or non relevant information - treat your list like the precious commodity it is.
You will note that I have included off line advertising in building your list - this works so don't forget it.
Related Tags: entrepreneur, marketing, internet marketing, list building, customers, new business, autoresponder
© Copyright 2006 Biz Guru Services Ltd
If would like help in writing your new CV or Resume, improving your interview skills or setting up your job hunting strategy then visit http://www.jobsbiz.com We even have an MP3 audio book on writing your own resume!
Lee Lister, writes as The Biz Guru, for a number of web sites including http://www.clikks.com With over 20 year's management and business consultancy experience she now owns one of the internet's leading Resume, CV and Interview Services web sites http://www.jobsuccess.co.uk Subscribe to our JobSuccess ezine if you want to receive regular tips.
This article may be freely distributed if this resource box stays attached.
Recent articles in this category:
- Building Your List - 10 Tips On Finding Blogs To Drive Tarffic To Your Blog And Build Your List
One of the best ways to increase traffic, readership, and opt-ins to your blog is through other blog
- List Building - The "Secret" To Making Money In An Internet-Enabled Market
You have been told countless times that one of the "secrets" to making money online is to own an opt
- Exchange Link
There are various ways to become popular in life and it is always an advantage to your business if y
- $7 Reports For Better Mailing Lists And Online Empire Building
In any business, your most valuable asset is your customer list. Online, this translates to your mai
- 3 Killer List Building Techniques to Get More Subscribers Immediately
Many ezine publishers have been trying to get more opt-ins by testing many different methods, and if
- Online List Building Techniques Part II
When a visitor lands on your squeeze page they are made an offer. That can be a free ebook, an ecou
- Online List Building Techniques Part I
If you are not sure if online list building techniques are relevant to you, keep this in mind. Inte
- List Building Tips - 3 Cutting Edge List Building Tips
Many people who are new to doing business on the internet are in need of good list building tips in
- Top Reasons that List Building can Help You Make More Money
When it comes to attracting visitors and customers to your website, you may be at loss as to what to
- Silent Profit Machine - An Honest Review
If you pay attention to the internet marketing world, by now you've probably heard of Alok Jain's "S
Most viewed articles in this category:
- List Building - How do You Correct Dropping Email Open Rates?
How do you correct this? The answer is simple: improve the quality of your free gift. But you must
- List Building Techniques for Increasing Subscriber Responsiveness
So what are my techniques?1) Send free offers. Just send an email with the subject line: "A free
- Verify Bulk Email Lists
The internet has changed the world. Internet access has put so many conveniences at our fingertips.
- List Building - How to Structure Your Email Campaign
How you structure your email campaign is critical to the level of income you will make from your ema
- List Building: You Can Build Your List Around Any Business
People often ask me, "How relevant is your list building instruction for professionals who sell our
- List Building With the Best Possible Prospects
"The Money is in the List"You've probably read that statement or heard it thousands of times if you
- Internet Marketing with a Opt In List Building Purpose for a Profit
Internet marketing with a list building focus for long term online income is one of the most amazing
- Four Means to Building a Killer List
When working on a killer mailing list to help forward your marketing needs, there are a few things y
- How To Gain Trust In a Hurry To Get More Opt In Subscribers To Your Newsletter List!
People who subscribe to your email list want to hear from you. They want more information about your
- List Building - Importance of Building Relationship With Your Subscribers
List building is a crazy thing - you do everything you can to add subscribers to your list every day