Access to HIV Drugs
New drugs for the virus come up everyday and especially with the problem of drug resistance, it is important that the effected in Africa have access to these new drugs. The pharmaceutical industry and their supporting academics have claimed that the old patented drugs have been declared as effective especially as they are included in WHO's List of Essential Drugs. Most African countries do not have the resources to manufacture ARV drugs locally. They have to depend on imports from other countries that can. A country can only manufacture a product if they hold the patent or if they manufacture generic versions by acquiring a compulsory license. As was pointed out in the paper discussed above, patent application and protection are expensive.
South Africa is one of the few African countries that have the technological capacity to manufacture generic drugs. It is no wonder then, that of the 15 drugs that were studied, 13 were patented in South Africa.
Related Tags: aids, patent, hiv, pharmaceutical, drug
The article was produced by the writer of masterpapers.com. Sharon White is a senior writer and writers consultant at Psychology essay. Get some useful tips for psychology research paper and technology essay .Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- How Safe Are Prescription Topical Non - Steroidal Drugs... Particularly in the Elderly?
The treatment of osteoarthritis, to date, is essentially palliative.Osteoarthritis is a degenerative
- The Biggest Acne Myths Dispelled
Acne scars are sort of like being hit while you are down. First you live with the misery of the init
- Natural Cure For Eczema - Become Eczema Free, The Natural Way!
When it comes to eczema, doctors' tend to have little advice to offer other than using creams and lo
- Childhood Obesity Cured With Hypnosis
It is very unfortunate when a child is suffering from obesity. It is a very major medical problem th
- Children Changing With Hypnosis
The challenges we face everyday in the world may cause difficulties in life for not only adults, but
- Don't Suffer in Silence - Remove Your Warts and All
Many people suffer with skin conditions that can leave them worried, scared and feeling like they co
- Treat Red and Irritated Skin Easily
Wash your skin with a gentle cleanser, apply a cold compress, soak in a warm oatmeal bath, apply Alo
- How to Effectively Treat Stretch Marks to Diminish Them
Stretch marks or striae appear as red or purple marks on the skin and are actually a form of scarrin
- Medicine: A Science and Art
Medicine is all about dealing with the healing human ailments. It is both a science as well as art a
- Six Important Facts About Babesia
Babesia, which causes Babesiosis, generally requires two hosts throughout its lifespan. It originate
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Sinus Headache Relief
Sinus headache is a result of inflammation in the passage behind the cheeks, nose and eyes. It cause
- Simple Lifestyle Changes That Can Help You Get Rid Of Acne
As anyone who has ever suffered knows, acne can be a debilitating condition, causing humiliation and
- Acne Treatment For Children
Acne is a very common thing for children and adolescents especially between the ages of nine and sev
- Coping With An Ileostomy Due To Crohns Disease
Crohn's sufferers that have constipation due to a stricture, have a severe case of Crohn's that may
- Are There Home Remedies For Acid Reflux?
Acid Reflux or heart burn as it is commonly called is a very unpleasant condition in which the liqui
- How To Relieve Sinus Pressure
Swollen, inflamed sinuses are, to put it mildly, very uncomfortable. Sinuses get infected and inflam
- The Pain Of The Psoriasis Patient
Psoriasis is one of the most difficult diseases people have to deal with, effecting many areas in th
- Lipitor Memory Loss: When Memories Vanish, What Can You Do?
Lipitor memory loss has been experienced by patients taking this statin medication to reduce cholest
- Are Discount Vitamins For Everyone?
And the news is --- discount vitamins really are for just about everyone! Young, old, male, female,
- Are Pharmaceutical Sales Reps Really Needed?
Aside from a few free samples, some cheap pens and calendars, or maybe a sweet magnet to put on your