Grooved Golf Swing Series: Groove Your Golf Swing For Longer Bunker Shots
Dig and shuffle your feet until you are sure about what lies beneath the surface.
Know that the softer or fluffier the sand beneath the surface, the less the club will bounce and it will be harder to get the club head to dig beneath the ball. So for this sand, you will have to hit the ball harder. This means, take the club head back further and swing with the same tempo as usual. The longer back swing will make the club head travel faster.
It is the opposite for firm sand.
The club will bounce more and will also dig more easily.
So, these shots will require less power, and a more gentle shot.
These, of course, are explosive type golf shots.
You will be faced with varying distances to hit your golf ball, from very short to quite long.
You can do two things.
• Hit the ball harder - that is swing more forcefully.
• Vary the depth of club head beneath the ball.
• Or both.
I am a great advocate of having a grooved golf swing where ever possible.
If you can take the same back stroke, and hit the ball with the same power for every shot, you will soon groove your swing, and leave far less room for error.
The club head remains open and the degree it is opened is not varied.
For the longer shots from a bunker, take a minimum amount of sand and just skim the club head beneath the ball. For the shorter shots, take more sand, even up to an inch.
This is why you should practice and see how moving your hands up or down the grip affects the depth the club head digs beneath the ball.
Armed with this knowledge, you will become a far better bunker player.
Related Tags: grooved golf swing, golf hole, taylored golf club, golfers grip, grooved swing, golf shot
Bill Maitland is a thinking, inventive golf guru. He thought out and developed simple techniques and tips which enabled him to lower his handicap from 25 to 18, then from 18 to 15, and finally from 15 to 12. He is a passionate golfer, and delights in helping others with their game should they want his help. To receive a valuable weekly golf tip go to his web site and subscribe to his free Hole In One News Letter. You will be so glad that you did. Author of GOLF TIPS. An e-Book that takes you step by step to being the best golfer that you can possibly be. To learn about his tips and simple techniques and see his book visit Online Golfers HandbookYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Links Golf Courses Of Snowdonia
As the great Ian Woosnam himself once said of playing golf in North Wales: "If you are looking for c
- Deciding If Take Golf Lessons
In case you are interested in improving your game or you're just considering beginning to play golf,
- Medicus Dual Hinge Driver - Add Distance And Accuracy To Your Drives
The Medicus Dual Hinge Driver will help you to hit longer and straighter drives by giving you instan
- Phil Mickelson Putting Style
So what is Phil Mickelson putting style? After all, he can string together a bunch of birdies in a r
- 3 Slice Tips To Help You Fix A Slice In Your Swing
For many golfers having the ability to fix a slice is a genuine battle. If you are someone who faces
- The Best Of Courses In Golf Are Respected Worldwide
Even the most innocent golfers will fancy playing on the best of golf courses they can meet the expe
- 10 Minutes A Day To Building Confidence In Golf
Confidence in golf comes from both a conscious and an unconscious perspective. This article is focus
- 10 Critical Areas In The Golf Mental Game
When it comes to golf, the mental game is highly recognized as being a big factor. We conducted a su
- Why In Golf Hitting Fat Shots Has Both Mechanical And Mental Factors
When it comes to a lack of confidence in golf, hitting fat shots and hitting thin shots is often a r
- Overcome Hitting Fat Golf Shots By Thinking Confidently
Hitting fat golf shots will erode one's confidence, depending upon the age of the golfer. That's cor
Most viewed articles in this category:
- The New Square Drivers - Is It Hip To Be Square?
You've probably heard about the new square drivers. As one golfer commented..."Looks like a tank on
- Grooved Golf Swing Series: How To Use Your Elbow While Putting
Here is a tip that will allow you to control the putter head and send it along the right line every
- Grooved Golf Swing Series: How To Be A Better Putter - Some Tips
First a look at the alignment of the putter blade as you place it behind the ball. If you have you
- Understanding The Basic Rules Of Golf
There are many people who embark on playing golf but do not really try to understand the rules or th
- How to Benefit From Golf Training Aids
A person who wants to go into a sporting hobby can choose something that will not only entertain him
- Left Handed Golf - Do Left-Handers Play Golf Left-Handed
I am a natural left-hander and I write with my left and play one handed sports such as tennis, badmi
- Golf - Equipment Required
How would you like to learn to play like Tiger Woods?Well, we can't promise you that, but we can giv
- Golf Swing Instruction Will Improve Your Swing Technique And Distance
Do you see the need for instruction for your golf swing? Most amateur golfers have subpar swing mec
- How To Use Golf Training Aids To Get Your Tempo In The Groove
Baaack and thru. Baaack and thru. Baaack and thru. Feel the rhythm, feel the tempo. Bring the club b
- Become A Better Golfer By Improving Your Short Game With These Golfing Tips
If you've spent some time either playing or watching golf, then you'll know that around 70 percent o