Choosing your Wedding Veil
1. A veil can transform the simplest dress into a stunning Bridal outfit.
2. Try lots of different styles and lengths of veil in different fabrics to find the one that best compliments your outfit.
3. Don't have a heavily patterned veil with a very ornate dress as one will 'fight' with the other.
4. Your guests should say 'YOU look stunning', not your outfit looks stunning'.
5. Don't have a veil that cuts across detail at the back of the dress. Let the veil finish below the decoration. Silk tulle is sheer enough to allow decoration to show through.
6. If you are petite, don't have a veil that swamps you such as a high bouffant veil. It will only make you look smaller
7. Think of adding colour eg. embroidery, to the veil to link in with your bridesmaids and/or bouquet.
8. Remember the veil is part of the Bridal outfit, not something that is 'plonked' on your head as an after thought.
9. Don't forget to take your veil with you when you have your hair trial.
10. If you are nervous of pressing your veil, ask the store where you bought it if they will steam it a couple of days before the wedding. You can transport it home covered in a pillow case or duvet cover depending on its length.
11. Don't wear something because you think you should, wear what YOU want.
12. Don't make a decision about whether to wear a veil or not until you have tried some on with your dress. A long veil can create a wonderful 'aura' around you.
13. Don't forget you can have a veil made to measure just as you can a dress. You can have the exact length and decoration that YOU want.
14.You only wear a veil once so make the most of it and enjoy it!
Copyright Ann Guise 2004 www.silkveil.com
Related Tags: wedding, bride, designer, cathedral, heirloom, bridal, silk, veil, veils, bespoke, mantilla, chapel length, silk veil
I have more than two decades of knowledge and experience since graduating in Fashion and Textile Design from University of Westminster, London. Previously I worked as a Costume Designer for BBC TV in London and Cardiff, where I was nominated for a BAFTA Cymru award for best Costume Design. After, I ran a successful couture Bridal Design Studio using sumptuous silk fabrics and was awarded Fellowship of the Society of Artists and Designers. My love of natural fabrics and the drama of weddings has led me to specialise in designing and making couture silk wedding veils. I am probably the only couture Bridal veil designer specialising solely in bespoke silk veils.
Recent articles in this category:
- How To Maintain Good Hygiene With Contact Lenses
Most users of contact lenses fall into the trouble of not cleaning their hands sufficiently before a
- Tailored Dress Shirts Are Now Online
Tailored dress shirts online might seem fanciful to those used to buying off the rail shirts due to
- Be Your Most Beautiful Bride
Every girl has a dream of a unique wedding dress which marks a milestone in her growing-up years. Th
- Five Classics For Fall Fashion
Each fall there are several key items that most fashion gurus would refer to as: classics. These fal
- A Guide To Men's Summer Season Trend
Summer time is right here which means it's time to pull out those shorts, t-shirts and sandals that
- Womens Dress - Enhance Yourself
Women always want themselves to be the best. The most important thing which makes them look good is
- Custom Embroidered Police Patches Can Be Just An E-mail Away
Custom embroidered police patches are used by police departments so that an officer is immediately r
- Corsets For Cross Dressers
The secret in getting a great fitting corset is making sure you buy one that is suitable for your bo
- Mix And Match Salwar Kameez - Smart Dressing
Every single female on this world, regardless of which element from the globe she hails from, loves
- Wearing It Proud With Rock T-shirts
Rock and roll has influenced so many lives over time whether in the inclination towards several genr
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Silky Satin Nightgowns
Are you the kind of person who truly appreciates the look and feel of smooth soft silky satin? If so
- How to Find a Handbag That Flatters your Shape & Suits your Needs
For most women the handbag is, next to the watch, the most used accessory. It lets us carry around o
- Victorian Nightgown Retro Style in Modern Fabrics
Victorian Nightgown Retro SVictorian nightgown styles have always had a romantic appeal down through
- Wedding Dresses - Chic to Fantastique!
The bridalwear world has always had a reputation for being a few seasons behind high street fashion.
- Plus Size Lingerie Big is Beautiful
Plus size lingerie used to come supplied in something resembling industrial webbing. You know, it wa
- Bridesmaids - Colour Predictions for 2007
The predicted colours for the year ahead are fairly diverse. There is still a trend towards put
- Fashion - Array How to Look Stunning This Party Season!
Whatever the usual excuses you use to get out of attending parties, they won't work for the party se
- Look Slimmer - 7 Easy Tips to Loose Weight Instantly
Women who have a larger figure and want to look slimmer can easily knock off a few kilos instantly a
- Fashion Mistakes - 10 Looks to Avoid!
There are many fashion mistakes women make and here we have picked out 10 of the most common ones.
- Why Buy Organic and Fairtrade Cotton Clothes?
Cotton is a globally important fibre, providing returns to many small farmers in developing countrie