Internet, Are you at risk for the Google Ban!?
Ok, now in all seriousness, sites get banned by search engines on a daily basis. A lot of users do not know that these techniques are "illegal" and will get your site tossed out of a search engine fast than homeless guy at a Ferrari dealership.
1. DO NOT hide your keywords in the background of your webpage. This technique is ancient and hasn't worked since the 90's. Google and other search engines frown upon this technique and if you are found using this technique, more than likely you will be banned.
2. CLOAKING. - Do not create a separate page for the search engines and the users who visit your site. The search engines are smart, they will find out! Be smart and offer the same content to the search engines as you offer your visitors.
3. DO NOT participate in a link farm! Link farms are websites that list hundreds if not thousands of links within their site. If you are caught participating in a link farm, you have a good chance of getting banned by search engines.
4. DO NOT link to link farms or websites that are using questionable techniques to inflate their search engine rankings. This does not include sites that use legitimate or "white hat" SEO, but the sites that are participating in practices listed in this article. A simple link to one of these sites might tell the search engines that you associate or even worse, condone the techniques they use.
5. DO NOT duplicate your content or steal anyone else's content without permission. If all your pages have the same content, not only is it very redundant and not user friendly, but it also annoys the search engines. Search engines want to index the best content there is on the web, so why do they want the same content listed several times? They don't. This technique is more likely to lower your page rank than get you banned; however it's never a good idea to make the search engines angry.
Avoid these practices at all costs, you may get good results initially but like all "illegal" activities, you will at one point get caught. You may not go to jail yourself, but your website will suffer as if it were sitting in jail.
Related Tags: seo, search engine optimization, search engines, google ban, banned from search engines
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Internet Marketing Articles - SEO Articles - How Do You Create the Perfect Title?
You've got a highly-researched niche, and you've written the perfect SEO article to showcase it. Th
- Web Traffic Articles - How to Drive Quality Traffic to Your Website
Today, we'll concentrate on effective tricks of driving quality traffic to your web site. If you are
- Search Engines Articles - The Opinion Of Web Sites That Sell About Search Engines
It is a known fact the Google is the largest of all the search engines. You do have to wonder though
- Search Engines Articles - Improve Seo
With this kind of feedback you can fine tune your SEO marketing strategies and use social media opti
- Search Engines Articles - Search Engine Promotion using SEO Software
Search engine optimization is the process of tweaking a website to appear in the top listing of any
- Search Engines Articles - What is the main requirement to optimize the website
Search Engines Optimization so many websites are indexed regularly, but still fail to appear in top
- Internet Articles - Pay Per Click Management Guide_ AdWords Management
Pay per click management is a vast technique to boost targeted traffic to your website. Google adwor
- Search Engines Articles - SEO New York -An Efficient Way to Promote Website
There are different ways to promote anything be it a product service or goods through advertisements
- Real Estate Articles - Should You Buy or Rent a Home
The rent a home vs buy a home debate has gone on for years but what is the best thing to do? Should
- Search Engines Articles - Search Engine Marketing New York - An Effective Internet Marketing Tool
Search engine marketing New York is the most influential technique to combat the rising competition
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Getting Indexed In Yahoo
Getting indexed in Yahoo has become very difficult in the last few months. The indexing robot, Yahoo
- Are You Getting Nuked By Google Lately?
Since the last Google update, there have been many instances and examples of the Google Nuke Bot! Th
- The Google Bar and its Jadoo
Here is a simple but very effective to get your Optimized web pages (or any web page you choose) lis
- yahoo publish network or google adsense
As a new pay per click campaign, Yahoo has a much smaller advertising base than Google. In many cate
- How Google Indexes Content From Your Web Directory
In a fluke, I was able to notice something about the way Google indexes content from web directories
- Unique Content Is Your Key To Success!
As you search around this article site looking for articles to add to your website, consider this: t
- Google News - Just another article announcer?
In Google's recent battle towards becoming an international news center, I've come to notice that th
- Can Google Really Deliver Country Specific Searching?
This is a serious matter, can Google really deliver top quality search results for other countries?
- Is Google having a tough time with their website limit?
If you are one to pay attention to what happens within the Google realm, you might find yourself thr
- Google - A Bit of History
The first question most people have is, “What the heck is a “Google?” It is a play