Funding Options and Sources For Your Wheelchair
1. The Rehabilitation Technology Suppliers (RTS) also known as Durable Medical Equipment sales assistant (DME) are the professionals who sell, service, and maintain the functionality of wheelchairs. Being the expert in the industry, they know the US funding system well and can help a great deal to get funding for their customers. In fact, some of the larger RTS companies in the market even hire a funding or reimbursement specialists to help customers work with insurance companies and other suitable sources, depending on your circumstances, to get payment and claims. Currently, there is also a new trend for Managed Care Organization (MCO) and Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) to refer their customers to the DMEs that they own.
2. Medicaid - a joint Federal State program to pay for medical services for eligible low income and unfortunate families can be also a source of funding for your wheelchair. The covered services and funding for adults may vary in the state you live in, nevertheless a comprehensive sets of services called Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT) are provided for children till twenty-one years old.
3. Waivers for children who use wheelchairs known as "Katy Beckett Waivers" are also available in most states. This waiver allows low-income families to apply for a waiver. The waiver would makes the child qualified for Medicaid funding that can be used in combination with the family's health insurance. Other kinds of waivers are also provided for the needs of children with other special diagnoses or disabilities.
4. Another important source of funds is Medicare. Medicare Part A covers you while you are in a health care facility, providing you with the necessary wheelchair and medical equipment needed. Medicare Part B covers a range of outpatient health care services like health insurance policy and this is the part of Medicare that pays for wheelchairs. Medicare has very clear guidelines about what type of wheelchairs one can buy namely - The wheelchair must be required in order to provide a safe and functional means to get around inside the house. The usage of the wheelchair must fit this guideline, as Medicare is only concern about funding wheelchairs for use within the home. Therefore all documentation, the letters of justification and the Certificates of Medical Necessity (CMN), must support and explain the need for the wheelchair within the home.
So now the first thing you need to do is, to determine which DMERC is responsible for your state. The DMERC Link will give you the toll free number for the DMERC for your state. Besides an 800 number, each DMERC has information in various formats to help you with any questions regarding equipment, a claim or an appeal.
These are the available options that Americans can use should they need any assistance in funding for a wheelchair and if the respective authority reckons that based on the individual circumstances, the applicant is eligible for the grant or benefits then he will get funds for the wheelchair.
Related Tags: new, used, wheelchair, wheel chair, electric, old, path, accessible vehicle, friendly, clothings
Moses Wright is the webmaster of Manic-Depression.net. He provides more helpful information on Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar Disorder Symptoms and Bipolar Disorder Treatment that you can learn in the comfort of your home on his website. You are welcome to reprint this article if you keep the content and live link intact.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Dental Insurance For Individual Can Be Of Help At Time
Dental problem may cost one a lot of money and pain. But, practicing a reasonable care could decreas
- Personal Trainer For Perfect Health
There is a general misconception that need for a fitness trainer comes for novice or from those who
- Varicose Veins - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
The majority of people after thirty notice the changes that appear with the maturing. In this case t
- Scenar Therapy - Self-treatment Or Healing Partnership
Do you want to learn about a device which will help you to ease your pain? If you get this kind of a
- Scenar - 5 "no, Nos" Of Scenar
Are you fed up with the pain in your body? Various parts of our body seem to ache due to different r
- Scenar Device - 5 Tips On Travelling With Your Scenar (skenar) Device
You might be aware of scenar which has become quite popular these days. This is actually the acronym
- Scenar Therapy - How To Treat Your Pet With Scenar
There are many alternative methods of treatment that are being invented these days. Lots of people a
- Your Options For The Treatment For Appendicitis
Appendicitis is considered to be a surgical illness. Due to its severe character, the treatment for
- How To Choose The Right Copd Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD does not have any cure. But with the help of medicines
- Septic Arthritis: Infectious Agents Penetrate Joints' Spaces
Another major type of arthritis is septic arthritis, which is also known in various terms like: pyog
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Drugs - the Last Alternative for Adhd in Kids
Anyone over the age of thirty who has grown up with ADHD understands that there was not much help av
- Foods To Eat To Gain Weight
Malnutrition has the same degree of problem as obesity. There are people who are too skinny, they fi
- Understanding Postpartum Clothing
The same way most pregnant women dream of the day when they will begin showing for wearing maternity
- Kegel Exercising for Bladder Control and Enhanced Sexual Pleasure
Kegel exercises strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor, thereby improving the urethra and/or rec
- The Use Of Weight Loss Herbs
Nothing has garnered more attention in today's world than the success or failures of weight loss pro
- A Simple Acid Relux Cure
Many people today are afflicted with heartburn. If they eat food that is too spicy, they get heartbu
- Five Effective Household Back Pain Treatments
Back pain treatment comes in lots of forms, from exercise to pain mediction. Standard and most wides
- Herbal Remedies - Can They Cure What Ails You?
You've probably heard about herbal remedies before and how they can treat a variety of health proble
- Natural Relief for Tinnitus - What are your Choices
Natural Relief For Tinnitus - Alternative Options Did you know that there are an estimated 50 t
- Birthing Around the World
Since ancestral times, different cultures showed off different customs and beliefs around the miracl