10 Simple Steps for Getting Started With Email Marketing!
The goal of any marketing campaign, including those using free advertising methods, is to attract interest and build desire for your product or services. One of the most cost effective advertising methods is email marketing.
To ensure that your email marketing campaign is a success you must first be prepared!
Here are some quick tips to get you ready:
- Know your target market.
- Your website should be ready to capture leads and provide information.
- Develop an attractive offer.
- Create professional copy or hire someone for the job.
- Test. Know your results before you start.
- Think of ways that you can build relationships and trust through email.
Of all the ways to get traffic to your site and make money online, nothing beats email marketing. Of course, email marketing can be a waste of time if not done correctly. After all, it is important to realize that the people you are sending your message to are very, very busy. Another good assumption is that they probably receive several hundred emails a day.
Today I'll cover different email marketing techniques that you can use to help build your online businesses and also reveal what works and what doesn't. Here we go.
1. The subject line for your message should be short yet informative. Most of us use the subject to filter out emails we don't want to read, so it's important that a subject encourages the reader to open the email.
2. Do you read every email you get? Of course not! Keep the content of your messages short and use headings and bullets to emphasize important information. Don't waste time; just let your readers know what you are offering.
3. Leave your reader with a call to action. Include contact information such as your phone number, email address. It must be clear what you expect of your readers if they are interested in your offer.
4. Your content should be friendly yet not to familiar. Make sure to include a name in your from address.
5. Keep in mind that most readers will not read the whole message. Include your key information in the first paragraph. In fact, keep your messages to just one paragraph.
6. Send your emails out in text format. HTML format may look nicer, but many email clients now block HTML emails by default.
7. Don't bother sending out unsolicited email. Only send out emails to those who have requested information from you. The majority of readers, who receive emails that they actually requested, open on average, 78% of them.
8. Why would people continue to allow you to contact them? By providing value. Give your readers a reason to want to open your emails provide useful content on a topic of interest or a discount related to a product that they already purchased.
9. Remind your readers to add your email address to their white list.
10. Many readers depend on the name in the from field or the subject line to determine whether they will open an email or not. Compelling subject lines could contain discount offers, free shipping offers, product announcements or interesting news.
Finally, think of email marketing as person to person, not business to business. Before doing any form of free advertising, remember that you are dealing with real people, so make sure it is written by a real person.
The benefits of email marketing are many; low cost, high conversion rate and easy to track results are just a few. More consumers are becoming acceptable to email marketing every day, so give it a try!
Copyright 2008 Joe Rispoli
Related Tags: email marketing, free advertising, free ad, online marketing resources, work from home advertising
There are many proven, free advertising resources available to anyone who would take the time to learn how to use them. Visit Joe Rispoli's website to find out how to advertise your business for free.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Email Articles - All The Reasons To Play Nintendo Wii
The Nintendo Wii is a fine system that has people of all ages playing it. From small kids to seniors
- Computers, Can Your Email Address Account Ever Expire?
"Just because a person has an email account doesn't necessarily mean that they are an active ema
- Email Marketing: sending HTML VS sending text emails
HTML or Text Emails for Email MarketersThe idea of what type of email to send to one's recipie
- Spam Checkers More Important than Ever
Ask anyone you know if they like spam and they will probably give you an incredulous look. Now
- Link Popularity, How to Building an opt-in email list the right way
Imagine if you had a list of 10,000 names and addresses of people who agreed to opt-into your ph
- Email Marketing and Your Small Business
Your small business needs email marketing to survive and save money on advertising. In general
- Small Business Marketing Tips
When it comes to small business marketing there are several things that must be kept in mind.
- Email Evolution and Relevance of Email
Today when people open their email inbox they want to see emails from co-workers, friends, fam
- Business, Use Adsense Templates For Your Squeeze Page
One of the things you need when you start an online business is a list. You have heard the old s
- In Just One Day, We Made Over $4,000 Using Mailloop!
The PROBLEM is, unless you automate your email chores early in your business lifecycle, what you're
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Email Overload
Email overload is such a big problem that I believe your Site Pro News subscribers would love to rea
- How To Use An Autoresponder On Your Website
Ok, so you have a great product and people are visiting your site, but perhaps even though they are
- Get Your Emails Read: The Key Points
If you have an email list then you will realise that in order to leverage that list for profit, you
- Bulk Emailing - Is it Really Such a Good Idea?
A couple of years back there used to be ads all over the place advertising bulk email software. Thei
- Why is your 'from' Address so Important for Email Deliverability?
1) From name is not always displayed AOL only shows users the from address, not the from na
- Etiquette For Effective Email Marketing
It's an old, old saying, but it's true: you only have one chance to make a good first impression.
- Building Target Opt in List and Affiliate Marketing
Would you like to find out what those-in-the-know have to say about list? The information in the art
- Harnessing the Power of Email Marketing
Given the inherent problems with traditional marketing techniques, it`s important to master the bas
- The Reign of Spam Continues
Spam has turned into an out-of-control monster. The amount of junk email being sent in cyberspace ha
- Highly-targeted Opt in List Building
When most people think of targeted list, what comes to mind is usually basic information that