The Different Types of Printing Techniques
Printing is a medium you see wherever you go; it is used in newspapers, brochures, invitations, pamphlets, books, magazines.... The list is endless. Though printing is evident and seen everywhere, there is a point to remember about it, which is the fact that different techniques are used in different media.
This is the main reason you find that these companies are not equal; there are companies that offer full color prints for your marketing needs and others that offer offset prints for reasonable print jobs and in the process, gives you a great savings.
To succeed in choosing the company that will print whatever you need to be printed, you have to first find out which printer you require for your job. In addition to this, you also have to find out and learn about the different techniques available. This ensures that you choose your marketing campaign after discussing matters with your printer.
- Offset Lithography is the most common and famous method available today where most printers use offset lithography to make a print. This is because this method helps in saving ink and in the process, limits set up time. With this, you will be able to use a more effective and affordable print for your job. Here printers usually offset the ink from metal plates to a rubber cylinder, which is then transferred to the paper stock.
- Digital Printing is a very popular method as it is effective in reducing the time to complete a print. Moreover, there is no need of using any films or plates here; the digital file is transferred to the printing press, with the help of a computer. As this is a fast process, customers use it to help meet their deadlines and schedules.
- Electrostatic Printing is similar to photocopying where the color is attached to a drum and then let to blend with paper on the application of heat on it. It can also be compared to digital printing as it is cost effective in providing short print runs.
- Letterpress was created by Gutenberg and is considered to be one of the first forms of print in all time. With letterpress, you saw the start of the concept of relief printing, where the image that is to be printed is raised from the surface. However, with the introduction and implementation of new and faster methods, this method is slowly growing obsolete and losing its popularity.
- Thermography is a method where images are raised, like you see in most stationery. In this method, printers first have to use a special powder or some dust that can easily stick to wet ink. This done, heat is applied to help with the blending of the ink and powder, with which you get the raised image you were looking for.
These are not the only types of printing offered; there are many more methods that can be used to print whatever you need to get printed. The trick in getting the right print lies in being able to choose the right printing method that is most suitable for your needs.
Related Tags: printing, digital printing, commercial printing, 3d printing, trends in printing industry
John Mahoney is a freelance author who writes about various technology related subjects including Printing . For more information about John visit his website: www.techstore.ieYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Tips To Better Prepare Yourself For The House Buying Process
Everybody who has been through the process of buying a home will attest that it can turn into a very
- Gain Qualified Prospects With The Cash Cow Sales Funnel
I've had the privilege to work with hundreds of sales and business people all working hard to make m
- How To Write A Good Telemarketing Sales Script
By defining your specific selling process you will be able to apply a system that works over and ove
- The Popularity Of Antique Cabinets Over The Years
Ever since collectors have been hoarding pieces of value and interest, antique cabinets have been ar
- Guide In Selecting Clothes Hangers
One of the least respected areas in your home is your wardrobe. Most of the time it is stuffed with
- Does Mattress Manufacturer In China Reliable?
The time we spend on bed is almost 1/3 of our whole life! So it's very important for everybody to se
- What Makes A Good Salesperson
This fact is not hidden nor is this thesis cutting edge. There are a lot of personality and professi
- Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance: Tips & Tools To Increase Productivity
Prior proper planning prevents poor performance. It may be a tongue twister, but it's important to r
- Attractive Votive Candles
Impeccable range of candles and lanterns enhance home interiors. Simple yet elegant in design and fi
- Sales Articles - Do You Want To Find Building Maintenance Supplies In Your Area?
Building maintenance supplies are among key factors to protect buildings against excessive depreciat
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Cold Calling - A Surprising Way To Gain Insider Information
If you knocked on all the doors in your neighborhood, you'd learn a lot about the people who live ar
- How To Touch More Clients For Referrals
Interested in more referrals? Want to guarantee success in any referral marketing program? Here is a
- How to Embrace and Thrive in Today's Buyer's Market
As fun as the last few years were to be in a piping hot real estate market, it's now time to accept
- The Power of One
One is a very tiny number. However, it can have a tremendous impact on your revenues. Here are some
- Sell Your Customer What They Need
When it comes to selling your products it is important to ask your potential customers probing quest
- Profiting With Private Label Rights
There are three basic rights you should know about when it comes to resale rights marketing. T
- The Lazy Way to Increase Your Sales Immediately... without spending a penny!
Let’s start at the beginning… First up, how do you define an affiliate program, or affi
- Your Sales Self-Image
All sales success is the result of a foundation grounded in right attitudes and positive self-esteem
- Sales And Marketing - Let Others Do The Work
There are many different ways in which businesses of today approach potential prospects and customer
- The Financial Influencer
In my last article, I talked about the four influencers you have to deal with in a B2B sale. The fou