Business Articles - Secure Web Conferencing - 3 Tips You Should Know
Internet conferencing technologies in their earliest forms (circa 1985 or so) consisted of simple text-based chat systems that operated across dedicated phone lines, connecting two people with static addresses. However, with the emergence of the Internet and the World Wide Web, the technologies grew to encompass more rich media such as voice and video communications.
Today, with the increasing availability of broadband communications in companies and homes, streaming video, high performance application sharing, and comprehensive meeting recording & archiving are now also possible.
If you are researching web conferencing systems for your organization, one of the most important features you should consider has little to do with user experience. Rather, it is the feature of security.
Here are 3 tips about secure web conferencing that you should know:
1. Understand why security matters: It is important to truly grasp the concept of why security should be such an important consideration in your choice of a web conferencing system. The bottom line is this: hackers - both casual and malicious alike - have the ability to "sniff" data running across unprotected networks. In another scenario, individuals who have not been officially invited to an online meeting may choose to invite themselves to join. Given the importance of intellectual property, customer data, and corporate secrets, it is no wonder than companies sit up and take notice when it comes to data security.
2. Know what could go wrong if your chosen system lacks proper security: The range of ways that an organization can be damaged through lack of conferencing security is mind-boggling and far-reaching. Just a few of those ways include: loss of company secrets, leakage of customers' private data, and members within an organization finding out sensitive information about each other or the company that they should never have been exposed to.
3. Understand the basics of secure conferencing: There are a number of aspects to ensuring secure web conferencing. However, they boil down to: the ability to make sure participants are who they say they are before joining an online meeting (user authentication), the ability to protect meeting-related data that is streaming across the Internet or local networks (data encryption), and the ability to manage users' permissions within the organization. Be sure to take each of these into account as you look for secure web conferencing solutions for your organization.
Find out more about secure web conferencing services at: Secure Web Conferencing Advisor.
Related Tags: tips, web, you, know, 3, secure, should, conferencing, -
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Using Keywords Effectively For an SEO Campaign
Keyword research is one of the most crucial parts of an SEO campaign. If you end up choosing the wro
- Search Engine Optimization Copywriting Tips
SEO copywriting is not as technical as it sounds but is different from traditional copywriting for t
- 3 Tips to Make Money Using Videos
For the last five years video has been a real success in the internet. Now you can find video in alm
- Is Social Media Networking Your Next Strategy For Your Online Marketing?
When you try to work on online promotion and online marketing, social media especially social media
- Submitting a URL of Your Website
People who make a website usually do research on how to improve not only the quality of their websit
- 5 Bad Habits of Article Marketing
There are many ways to advertise your company but having a highly ranked website is the best. Most p
- Facts About SEO Services Company
SEO services companies are becoming very popular in the internet marketing world but there are some
- 4 Ways Search Engine Optimization Can Be So Powerful
Whether you are an affiliate marketer, small businessman or a large organization, your first step wh
- A List of 3 Options For Internet Business
The trend of making money through online business has become trendy now a day. People are shifting t
- Getting the Best Affiliate Products For Your Site
Making money online was never so difficult before. There are numerous ways through which you can mak
Most viewed articles in this category:
- The Revolutionized Ebay Etailsolution Software
With the help of eBay, the auction business has received a new meaning. With the help of the many eB
- Internet Millions - by Ryan Orrell - Honest Review
REVIEW: "Internet Millions", by Ryan Orrell, is a refreshing new kind of internet marketing e-bo
- A Google Adsense Addiction
54% of all Google Adsense publishers admit addiction to click income. A recent online study conducte
- Lead Generation for Top Residual Income
At the heart of any good residual income business is a person who knows how to generate leads. Lead
- Make Money With Information Ebook Products: The Other End
I don't like thinking of myself as the kind of person that has made it rich on the internet, but in
- Repeat Business Equals a Residual Income Stream
Residual income comes from other people reacting to a single action by the business owner. What bet
- The NFL & United Way
There are many ways that NFL players help with the United Way. First of all, they donate a lot of th
- Seo - Making Money Writing Seo Reviews
If you are a reviewer or critic you are likely to find work writing reviews of products and services
- Understanding Perfume Types
Understanding the various varieties of perfume can help to cut through the difficulty in selecting a
- Ecommerce Basics: Three Things To Avoid
When you decide to put your ecommerce website together there are a few mistakes that are easy to mak