Article Marketing Snowballs Into A Mess
Article marketing has swept through the internet like an avalanche. Virtually everyone knows about the technique but very few are doing it well. Many people are actually ruining their reputation by ignoring article marketing best practices.
As an article newsgroup moderator and article marketing expert I am in the trenches everyday. Increasingly, I reject more articles than I accept. More and more often I hear complaints from publishers that the articles submitted to them are pure crap. Many of these publishers complain that article submission software is to blame. I have to disagree. Here is what I think is causing the majority of problems:
* People who want to use the technique without learning how. * Private label articles flooding the market. * Plagiarism and copyright violations. * Lousy articles with no redeeming values. * Off topic articles driving publishers crazy. * Articles that are too short or too long. * Writers who won't divulge their identity and only use their by-line for advertising a website.
Can you connect the dots to find out where the article marketing problems lie? With the article marketer. The article marketer, like myself, loves the technique but is often strapped for time. Instead of writing unique articles or hiring a ghostwriter to write for them they get lazy. Stupidity and carelessness is also a factor but I bet being lazy causes most of the problems.
I believe that laziness is the root of all evil in the article marketing world. Any type of marketing with not work unless effort is expended and techniques are repeated regularly and reliably. Please do me a favor. If you can't make the effort then don't use the technique.
Article marketing done badly is far more damaging then not using the technique at all. It only works when you create quality work and follow submission rules. Don't blame the publishers for your shoddy articles and don't spend hours on forums complaining that the technique doesn't work. It does work. It has worked for me and for many others but it won't work for you if you insist on being lazy and irresponsible.
Make a commitment today to write well, submit only on topic unique articles and to hire help if you need it. Your best efforts will be the catalyst to better results and will support the growth of the article marketing community. Let's use the technique wisely so that it remains a viable part of internet marketing.
© 2006, Davis Virtual Assistance. Reprint rights granted to all venues so long as the article and by-line are reprinted intact and all links are made live.
Bonnie Jo Davis is an article marketing expert and author of the Articles That Sell Update Ezine at http://www.ArticlesThatSell.com, the Articles That Sell Blog at http://articlesthatsell.blogspot.com and the Articles That Sell Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/ArticlesThatSell/
Related Tags: market, writing, internet, advertising, article marketing, advertise, grammar, promote, web site, promoting, private label articles, mispelling
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Marketing And Customer Relationship Management
Send your notice of rent in time, for free. His Craigslist ad rental unit will be available on the s
- Google Fundamentals - Simple Ideas You Need To Know
Google has made easy the lives of many of us by making it possible to search on the internet. But, t
- Rss Feed Marketing Strategy
There never seems to be an end to new marketing buzz words on the internet. You most likely have hea
- Common Mistakes You Should Avoid While Twitter Marketing
A Twitter marketer makes his first mistake by bragging about his products and services. But let's fa
- A Tactical Approach To Social Network Marketing
For many social network marketing involves joining any of the available online communities, making c
- How To Turn Your Website Visitors Into Customers
Some websites only get a dose of the cost from the money they spent on building up the website. Visi
- Content Rich Marketing Strategies For Attorneys
More then just a smartly designed website is essential in today's competitive online market. To succ
- Should You Include Video Seo In Your Seo Techniques?
Orange County SEO experts always look forward to include newer SEO techniques in their process. This
- Internet Network Marketing - Don't Give Up, You May Be Just 3 Feet From Gold!
One of the most common causes of failure in Network Marketing business is people quitting when they
- As Recession Persists Small Businesses Record Success Making Money Online
As the third quarter of the year comes to an end by September, statistics from the 'New York Stock E
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Affiliate Marketing: Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway
It sounds funny to be talking about fear and affiliate marketing in the same sentence. You normall
- John Reese Review: What makes Traffic Secrets, Auction Secrets, and the Reese Report a Success
John Reese is one of the most experienced people working on the net today, and has been getting atte
- Internet Marketing - Selling To Tony
As usual, I was scanning a forum the other day, and the inevitable question arose: What is the best
- MySpace Marketing: How To Distinguish Yourself From The Crowd
When I checked my MySpace Inbox yesterday, one of my "friends" had sent me a message asking "What do
- How To Avoid Internet Marketing Misery
Every day you can read stories about people who have made a fortune online. Being an Internet entrep
- All About Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is a broad topic that primarily deals with you (the affiliate) selling
- Make Money with Niche Health Content
The health industry is much bigger than the internet marketing industry. Billions are spent each an
- Why Make Money Online
There are so many opportunities on how to make money online. You can start your own business, sell p
- Establishing Your Identity on the Internet
If your business plan involves establishing a personal identity on the Internet, this requires some
- Internet Marketing Consultants And How They Help You Market Your Business Online
An Internet marketing firm can offer the push that any business web site needs to be recognized by t